MLB 2010 Part 4 - October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty sure Ron Washington brought Wade Phillips in as a special advisor to the team this week.

Wow. Phew. Don't even know what to say. That felt really, really good. Best game of the season, easily.

All those runs in the 8th were good, but Wood's pickoff in the bottom of the 8th felt like a crucial moment there.

So glad they won it.

I almost had a nervous breakdown. Some games fuck me up more than others, no explaining why. This game had me freaked the fuck out after the 6th.

One day managers will wake the fuck up and use their best relievers when they're needed, not wait for when they might be needed.

So it appears that while I was at a corn maze, the Texas Rangers dropped their pants, bent over, and told the Yankees to give it to 'em. Impy must be sore.

Fuck my life. Classic DFW stomach punch bullshit. It's abundantly clear that I don't have a sports personality suited to playoff baseball.

Seriously, though. As I texted to NSW earlier in the week, I don't know how Yankees fans are able to handle playoff baseball every year. It's easily more never wracking than watching the Cowboys annually break down in the late months or watching the Mavericks melt down in the Finals. Hats off to any fan who has to sit through this shit every year.

Side note: it took a Peef Wellington-esque attention to detail to get this post off with no spelling or grammatical errors.

Hmm. By my count, the Yankees have scored four runs and had six baserunners in the eighth.

The Rangers have used four pitchers this inning, none of whom is Neftali Feliz. Wow.

Complete breakdown by the pen, complete mental collapse by Washington.
Brutal. CJ Wilson should be the most pissed man this side of Impy.

Seriously, though. As I texted to NSW earlier in the week, I don't know how Yankees fans are able to handle playoff baseball every year. It's easily more never wracking than watching the Cowboys annually break down in the late months or watching the Mavericks melt down in the Finals. Hats off to any fan who has to sit through this shit every year.

Side note: it took a Peef Wellington-esque attention to detail to get this post off with no spelling or grammatical errors.

:wink:

Sorry you had to suffer through that 8th inning.

:wink:

Sorry you had to suffer through that 8th inning.

I left one in there as a bit of a Where's Waldo. It was for you guys.

It's the morning after and I'm still reeling from the shittiest inning of baseball I've ever seen. But at least I found this cute picture of Michael Young:

matador2sm.jpg

I left one in there as a bit of a Where's Waldo. It was for you guys.

It's the morning after and I'm still reeling from the shittiest inning of baseball I've ever seen. But at least I found this cute picture of Michael Young:

matador2sm.jpg

1242178%5ffull-lnd.jpg

To be fair, it was a tough hop, but Young should have gotten his body behind it and knocked it down at the least.

Christ, give the guy a break, it was a fucking tracer. I don't think he could have gotten his body in front of it even if he wanted to. You guys are off-base here.

I'd focus more on Washington's revolving pitchers in the 8th and THE KINS! getting picked the fuck off (inexcusable and 100x worse than the Young play) in the bottom of that inning. I'd also focus on the fact that they play again in just a few hours.

Like I told Impy, Yankee playoff baseball has taken years off of my life over the last decade and a half. Playoff baseball is a very sweet agony for me.

Agreed. That ball off Young was hit really hard. The pickoff when Wood was close to walking the second batter to start the inning was really unforgivable, though.

The World Cup has taken years off of my life, but fortunately it is only every four years. Baseball playoff is becoming a close second, though.

Posada really gets on my nerves sometimes.

And someone please explain why Angel Hernandez is allowed anywhere close to a postseason game? Maybe Joe West was unavailable?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom