MLB 2010 Part 4 - October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
popcorntub.gif

I like popcorn, but I don't get butter on it at the movies. The theaters that have the little salt packets to take in with you...Fucking genius.

Kram, you seem like a nice guy, but that doesn't surprise me. Most Twins fans that I know are pretty cool people. But, God, do I hate the Twins. They're are one of the few teams that I hate on their own merits. I hate Tennessee because most of their fans are asshats. I hate the San Diego chargers for the same reason. I hate the Blue Jays because they ply their trade in Canada - who in the fuck does that? But the Twins, I just hate them because. It's a simple relationship. They exist and I wish they didn't.

So, I'd like to say that I feel some pity for you and your playoff plight, but that would be disingenuous.

Kram, you seem like a nice guy, but that doesn't surprise me. Most Twins fans that I know are pretty cool people. But, God, do I hate the Twins. They're are one of the few teams that I hate on their own merits. I hate Tennessee because most of their fans are asshats. I hate the San Diego chargers for the same reason. I hate the Blue Jays because they ply their trade in Canada - who in the fuck does that? But the Twins, I just hate them because. It's a simple relationship. They exist and I wish they didn't.

So, I'd like to say that I feel some pity for you and your playoff plight, but that would be disingenuous.

Fair enough.
If it means you feel the need to cheer for the Yankees, then I pity you, too. :wink:

BTW--I hate when they play at Comerica Park. If you guys ever learn to win games on the road, you might be a threat.

This looks more like April/May Phil. I love his demeanor tonight.

One last time...does anyone think that maybe the manager should be held responsible for the mental prep of a team?

Longest active losing streak in MLB post-season: The Twins under Ron Gardenhire.

(Now to get my $500 back from the Twins for the ALCS tix.)

Today's Yankee game was their first playoff game since 1976 that I did not see, watch on TV or listen to on the radio. I'm displeased, even though I had a fantastic day.

I'm glad they won, glad it was a sweep so some of the banged up cats can get some rest.

Glad Hughes pitched well, nice.

Glad Joba has not thrown a pitch this post-season.

Rooting for the Rangers but sure wouldn't mind a showdown with the Rays.

Still don't think Gardenhire should be fired.

Dalton, quick question:

Your thoughts on the Twins? Like 'em, dislike 'em? Be honest.

I hate the Yankees very much in the same way that Dalton hates the Twins. I don't have a divisional rival in the NL East that I hate like I hate the Yankees. It's the asshole New Yorkers/frontrunning douche bag crowd. HOLY SHIT THE YANKEES ARE THE WORST. Also, A-Rod. And the media's love affair with the incredibly overrated Derek Jeter. If the Phils beat the Yankees in the Series this year, it would be AWESOME. Why? Fuck the Yankees.

I hate the Yankees very much in the same way that Dalton hates the Twins. I don't have a divisional rival in the NL East that I hate like I hate the Yankees. It's the asshole New Yorkers/frontrunning douche bag crowd. HOLY SHIT THE YANKEES ARE THE WORST. Also, A-Rod. And the media's love affair with the incredibly overrated Derek Jeter. If the Phils beat the Yankees in the Series this year, it would be AWESOME. Why? Fuck the Yankees.

But how do you REALLY feel?

Wow, you've set yourself up so that if the Phils lose and the Yanks win, you will be in a world of shit.

while all of us new yorkers are assholes, we're not all frontrunning douchebags. in fact most of the teams i root for blow.

Wow! A friend of mine in NJ admits to being an Islanders fan too.
So, I know both of their fans.

:D

Ha ha. Uberbeaver of interference fame is also a fan, so if you know him, now you know three of us.

At least I was alive/a fan when they won their 4 cups in a row. Now, they've not won a single post-season series since 1993. Good times.

Ha ha. Uberbeaver of interference fame is also a fan, so if you know him, now you know three of us.

At least I was alive/a fan when they won their 4 cups in a row. Now, they've not won a single post-season series since 1993. Good times.

My NJ friend sent me pics from a game he went to last year. OMG, talk about a government employment project in the waiting. The Coliseum looked pathetic.

I'll be enjoying my first Wild game of the year from the Club Level this Saturday since I WON'T be attending an ALCS game.

Back
Top Bottom