MLB 2009 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Philly is the fourth largest TV market in the country and consistently (at least this year) gets higher local ratings than the Yankees. I'm aware that their national appeal pales in comparison to the Yanks, but it's not like Philly is by any means a small market.

6PM seems like such an odd time for a game to start. This must be what it's like to live in the central time zone.

Let's get back to this closers issue. I was talking to my buddy's grandfather last night and he made a statement that absolutely floored me, but I couldn't really refute it.

He said that in his opinion Mo Rivera belongs in the conversation with Tiger Woods, Ted Williams and Jordan as the most dominant athletes he has ever seen.

Discuss.

Tulowitzki makes the final out in the last two games of his team's season. Ouch. That one hurts for Rockies fans.

But now we're one step closer to this Dodgers/Yankees World Series.

I didn't go into the ALDS thinking "The Angels are gonna kick the Bosox asses!" Rather, I thought "Which Angels team is going to show up?" Fortunately, the focused and determined Angels showed up.

The Angels still aren't hitting like they did a few months ago, but they're getting timely hits. I guess that's all that counts.

Didn't have any idea what they'd do against the Sox, have no idea of what they'll do against the Yankees. I do think that this is a different Yankees team than in years past. I only casually followed the Yanks this year but it seemed like they were frequently blowing other teams out. Heck, you've got Tex, ARod and Matsui in the middle of that lineup, then Cano toward the bottom. Sooner or later, Cano is going to start hitting. Tex is hitting the ball and ARod has found his bat in the playoffs. If the Yankees come out in game one and bury the Angels, it could be a short series. On the other hand, if the Angels play with confidence and focus as they did against the Sox, the Yankees will certainly have their hands full and it will be a fun series to watch, or as Pettitte put it the other day, it will be "...a nasty series, a war.." But that's if the Angels come to play.

I had always imagined them being right next to each other because of how frequently they're associated. Then I went there. Seeing as how you have to go through/past Compton to get from one to the other, there's no way they should be associated as much as they are.

Oakland and SF are two different cities.

So are Los Angeles and Anaheim, regardless of wherever the latter team wants to CLAIM they're representing.
I've never understood why people are so bitter about the Angels calling themselves "L.A." Arte wants to make money; he therefore markets to the broadest market possible. If he calls the team "Anaheim," he is marketing to Orange County only; hence, he loses dollars that are out there for the taking.

This team was part of contraction talks in 2000. The team was losing money. Disney got out. Arte came in.

Repeat after me, people: "The object of the running a business is to make money."

"Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" is retarded. I don't know how you argue against that.

We don't want that lame-ass team attaching itself to our city, sorry. We already have a cool one, thanks anyway.

And I don't understand how the name change makes more money. Are people dumb enough to not know how far away Anaheim is? "Oh, they're in Los Angeles, I guess we CAN go to the game/buy merchandise/etc. now!" People who have L.A. pride don't want to buy shit from that team anyway. What does it affect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom