MLB 2009 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whew_small.jpg

Pretty quiet around these parts.

Any predictions? Not just win/loss, but which pitcher is going to crack first, and what the final score is likely to be?

If the Phils get an outing from Pedro similar to his Game 2 performance, I think they'll take this one. That might be wishful thinking, since I'd love to see Yankees fans and brass up in arms over Sunken Cheeks' three-starters policy.

Plus a Game 7 would be fantastic with so many subplots, Hamels' potential redemption being perhaps the most exciting. And you have to believe Ryan Howard is going to wake up at some point. Maybe tonight.

I'm not as concerned with Pedro as I am with the bullpen. Pedro hasn't done poorly really in any of his starts; his only issue has been running up a pitch count. And with our bullpen the way it's been, the shorter Pedro goes, the shakier our chances.

Ryan Howard probably won't wake up until mid-January. I feel like even if they managed to win this series, he'd casually stroll over to the celebration at mid-infield, or maybe walk right past it to the dugout.

I'm hoping he shaves that beard. Ever since he started growing it he's sucked. He was the fucking NLCS MVP last week.

I've been halfheartedly pulling for the Yankees this entire series as I like a number of their players more than I like anyone on the Phils (Swisher, Jeter, C.C.), but I'll probably be pulling for the Phils tonight purely because a Game 7 would be a hell of a lot of fun.

Nope. I can't stand him or his decidedly non-chin.

jorge%20posada.jpg

He looks like an index finger.

And out of the 45 strikes he's seen at the plate in the World Series, I believe he has bitched about 45 of them.

Mark Teixeira isn't the kind of guy I can picture listening to a lot of Twisted Sister. And yet here we are.

Pettitte is going on short rest and is throwing only 50% strikes, so naturally the Phillies let him get through 2 innings on 23 pitches.

Eh, Pedro's off-speed stuff looks fine. His fastball is garbage right now though.

Christ, this "who's your daddy" shit was already getting old in the first inning. How convenient to just ignore that Pedro and the Red Sox humiliated them in that year's ALCS.

Big opportunity here. You have to get this run across.

Edit: And that'll do it.

The PEEF DAWG abides.

Apparently I'm now watching this in my room. More enjoyment for all of you.

It should be mentioned that while Pedro is not pitching particularly well, Joe West is also Satan.

Well, Satan just gave you a nice present, Peefer.

That call could have gone either way (I do think it was a strike), but Purple Lips should have been protecting the plate with two strikes on him. Ugly AB. Loved every second of it.

Pedro needed to fire a fastball in front of Matsui's face in the 2nd inning, the way he did in 2004.

That Victorino blunder on the first hit really cost us.

Hitting Teixeira didn't help, either.

I'm glad they haven't pulled Pedro yet. Take out the Matsui hits, and it's 1-0. Someone like Zambrano would have gone into meltdown mode after that second one.

But the Phillies really need to start working Pettitte more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom