MLB 2009 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am talking prior years. Nobody is perfect. Of course, there are a few who are close.

He has, what, 28 blown saves over his career.

And we know who the blown save came against, don't we?

Strange how the Sox seem to have his number.

10 against the Red Sox.

He blew one all last season.

Read my post above. Focus on "Nobody is perfect. Of course, there are a few who are close." I italicized it for you so you could see it better.

He has, what, 28 blown saves over his career.

10 against the Red Sox.

Read my post above. Focus on "Nobody is perfect. Of course, there are a few who are close." I italicized it for you so you could see it better.

Yeah, I read it all and it sounded like you made a point that was really invalid, then followed it up with a blanket statement that could apply to anyone on Earth. :up:

Kinda lame, but if you're proud of yourself for making such a point, knock yourself out.

I appreciate the irony in this comment. Thank you!

"Hip Hip Jorge" for Mikey.

Every once in a while, I forget how big of a dick you can be. Thanks for the reminder.

We're discussing baseball in here, and you get awfully derogatory and personal quickly. All I did was toss some stats out there, and you make the "italicized it so I could see it better", and now this.

So, seriously, fuck off.

^

That was over the top and uncalled for. Clearly, I should just lay off the internets after the day I had.

Sorry, profusely, and, I'll see myself out now.

Bard still need to fine-tune his control a bit; most of the season has been two steps forward, one step back for him. I do expect that eventually Papelbon will be traded/walk and Bard will be the closer.

I was going to say that Papelbon will sign with the Yankees for eleventy billion dollars a year. Then I realized that it's far more likely that Mariano Rivera will still be the Yankees closer when I'm dead.

The Red Sox aint exactly skimpy/lacking with the payroll, so I doubt Papelbon is going anywhere, regardless of Rivera's future.

But, if Bard is being groomed, and Papelbon does leave, then yeah, who knows. I just don't see him in Pinstripes.

The Red Sox aint exactly skimpy/lacking with the payroll, so I doubt Papelbon is going anywhere, regardless of Rivera's future.

No, it's just that the Red Sox make really, really non-obvious decisions with big free-agent contracts. They won't throw out an extra $1-2 million/year for a premier FA, but were quite happy to sign guys like Edgar Renteria, Julio Lugo and JD Drew to large deals.

No, it's just that the Red Sox make really, really non-obvious decisions with big free-agent contracts. They won't throw out an extra $1-2 million/year for a premier FA, but were quite happy to sign guys like Edgar Renteria, Julio Lugo and JD Drew to large deals.

I see your point.

Maybe in a few years they'll get Hanley back and break the cycle. No way he stays with the Marlins, and the Sox have not had a stable SS for a while now.

We were talking about this at lunch and my thought is to let Pedro close. Let him let loose as best he can for one inning.

Two issues with this, for me:

1. The Phillies aren't going to move him out of the rotation at this point.

2. He seems to be taking a few innings to get into the swing of things, where he's hitting a stride. Which isn't good for the closer role.

If you ask me? Chan Ho Park or Brett Myers. Madson doesn't have the head for it, and Lidge can't locate a fucking pitch.

Since I really don't follow the Phillies, what the hell has happened to Lidge? The man was lights out last year.

The simple answer is that he can't locate his fastball. Everyone sits on the slider because he can't hit the strike zone with his fastball.

But then you say, "Why?" There's a number of theories. No one on the Phils will give an honest analysis of it, so fans are left to speculate.

But most likely? He's probably got an arthritic knee that will never fully heal. He's so worried about landing a certain way so as to not feel pain that he's not able to focus enough to locate his fastball. When did he injure this? Some speculate, based on quotes by him, that he re-injured it during the on-field World Series celebration.

Others believe it's his head that's giving him problems, others that he's just really fatigued.

But the bottom line is that as much as the Phils want it to, he's not turning it around this year. He doesn't have it, bottom line. But they keep stalling in hopes he'll pitch his way out of it, regardless of how many games he loses in the process.

Sitting in class watching the Rangers game on Gamecast. Welcome back to school, me.

Hopefully they can sweep the GAFers tonight.

It's been a terrible week for us. Thus the fresh case of beer in the refrigerator for tonight's game. Such a big series this was and we haven't been able to get one clutch hit. And we wasted two very strong pitching performances from Garcia and Floyd. I'm an incurable optimist, so I won't be jumping off any cliffs or hitting any panic buttons, but if we don't salvage at least this one game in Boston it will be rough.

I really don't think the Cubbies can afford to keep Milton Bradley next year. And I'm not talking about it in terms of money. I'm talking about just the sheer mental wear and tear he puts on a baseball team. He's destroyed clubhouses all across the country and he won't stop anytime soon. The guy is a poison. It's unavoidable. Cut your losses and dump the guy, if I'm the Cubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom