MLB 2008: The World Series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be asleep, since these games air from 1-4 am where I am (no offense to any Philly or Tampa fans here).
i will also be sleeping, 2-5am here, with work at 7. i have an hour to kill before work, fuck the world.

also, fuckt he fucking cowbell and fuck that there's 4+ more games of it inflicted on the world.

The fat shirtless guy who hit on love_u2_adam might be a Rays fan.

lol, he never came back, eh?

i will also be sleeping, 2-5am here, with work at 7. i have an hour to kill before work, fuck the world.

also, fuckt he fucking cowbell and fuck that there's 4+ more games of it inflicted on the world.

Did you and phanan move to Europe?

that would mean phils in 4, which i could roll with. there's no way the phils should have to win in the fucking shithole that is the trop. it'd be great for them if they can win in philly, and for everyone's tollerence of fucking cowbell.

lol, he never came back, eh?

Did you and phanan move to Europe?
i did. phanan didn't to the best of my knowledge.

the mlb tv package really impressed me, though. if the time difference didn't blow so much i'd buy it for next season. but i don't like watching non-live games that i've probably been spoiled for.

i did. phanan didn't to the best of my knowledge.

the mlb tv package really impressed me, though. if the time difference didn't blow so much i'd buy it for next season. but i don't like watching non-live games that i've probably been spoiled for.

Oh, for some reason I thought the quote was phanan, but it was speedracer my bad.

Awesome on the move. Congrats.

I didn't have a vested interest in the outcome of the game, but I was rooting for the Rays just because it was the first time they'd be in the WS, and the Red Sox have won twice in the last 4 years - underdogs, yay.

So I had a nice "awww, yay for them" moment when they won on their home turf. I like seeing grown men jump around like little kids and hear a crowd go apeshit with excitement. I'm a woman of simple pleasures.

But I think I'll root for the Phillies, because they've got Jamie Moyer, and I like Jamie Moyer an awful lot.

Glad the Sox lost. They're becoming Yankees pt. 2. I'm for the Rays to win it all. It's their year.

Congrats to the Devil Rays...they earned it, were the better team and Garza pitched his ass off.

I feel sorry a bit for our resident Phillies fans cause the story lines are gonna be all about the "upstart" Devil Rays, and the city thats gone 25 years without a title in any sport this side of Arena Football is not gonna get any love from Fox, save Tim McCarver and thats no solace.

I think the difference will be Hamels again, and its Phils in 6, we shall see.

As for the WS, it could go either way. Obviously, even though the Rays are a great story this year, you gotta pull for Philly to finally win something. That city deserves it.

I could see it going 7.

Glad the Sox lost. They're becoming Yankees pt. 2.

If you're comparing the Red Sox to the 1990s Yankees, most Red Sox fans would be extremely flattered (deep down, that is. Of course on the face of things we'd all act as if we were completely repulsed.)

If you're comparing the Red Sox to the 2000s Yankees, you really haven't been paying attention.

I'm surprised you even bothered to respond to his sorry ass.

I want him to feel he has some purpose. Ignoring him would only solidify how irrelevent the Angels are in the baseball world and we wouldn't want Johnny to disappear completely, we need the comic relief. I mean he only comes here now to try to revel in other fans' misery, how's that for irony from a fan of a team who was favored to win it all and got annihilated in the first round by an injured wild card team. We're gonna need some good laughs next spring and summer and John will be just the guy to provide them with his predictions of Rally Monkey glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom