MLB 2008: The Playoffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you two idiots misread my intent......I meant sad as in legitimately bummed out....everyone at work today was subdued, it sucked. It's called empathy, clowns, it's not about NY vs. Chicago. Jesus.

It's kind of interesting that by the end of tonight all eight wins could go to only four teams.

I think you two idiots misread my intent......I meant sad as in legitimately bummed out....everyone at work today was subdued, it sucked. It's called empathy, clowns, it's not about NY vs. Chicago. Jesus.

I know what you meant. I also think New York's probably bummed considering their teams fared poorly.

OMG

Buck Martinez: "If you're the Angels, you've got to score 4 runs before you make 27 outs".

I don't even know what to say about this fucking duo. Just wow.

Who is this Japanese guy pitching for Boston right now, and why isn't he walking anybody?

I also bet on Daisuke to log over 5.5 strikeouts at +110...just need 4 more.

Len and Bob are cheese-tastic, but I like them a lot more then these TBS squads that's for sure

I guess we are spoiled in Boston. I always thought that Orsillo and Remy were a good team, but hearing these announcers on TBS makes me appreciate what we have even more.

I can't think of a pair of regional broadcasters that are better than Orsillo/Remy. They're both typically fair and seem to get along very well, which helps. SNY's booth is pretty good, too, I have to say. The Brewers pxp guy on FSN North-Wisconsin is also strong, and I think he's doing one of the DS for TBS.

And, well, of course, you have Scully, who to me is still amazing, even if he's no longer at the very top of his game.

I still watch the clip of Scully calling Kirk Gibson's homer at least once a month on MLB.TV.

Philly's announcers are top heavy: good play-by-play guys with Kalas and McCarthy, but a very average commentator in the Sarge and a nitwit in Wheeler.

They put their best color guy, Larry Andersen, on the radio. I don't get it.

Of all the regional networks, Comcast Philly is the one I've watched the least.....was not available on DirecTV and we could not take down the feed at work, so it was this big mystery to us.

As good as Orsillo is, I still miss Sean McDonough. It's a shame that he doesn't have a regular job with the team anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom