MLB 2008: The Playoffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
who would you rather play in the series? not your crazy uncle vs. me, but which team do you think you've got a better shot against?

I think they are two similar teams, so I'm not too worried about which way that goes. But I want to see Boston. I don't want to play the team everyone will sympathize with as an underdog, really. And I always think it's best to avoid weird stadiums like the Trop.

This is nerve racking and I'm a Phillies fan. I just want to know who they are going to play.

The Trop is a sick joke. The Yankee fan in me wants the Red Sox to lose this game, but the baseball fan in me wants no part of Tampa and their circus stadium and fans in the World Series.

I think they are two similar teams, so I'm not too worried about which way that goes. But I want to see Boston. I don't want to play the team everyone will sympathize with as an underdog, really. And I always think it's best to avoid weird stadiums like the Trop.
i hate the trop. it is bullshit.

The Trop is a sick joke. The Yankee fan in me wants the Red Sox to lose this game, but the baseball fan in me wants no part of Tampa and their circus stadium and fans in the World Series.
which fan is winning? i picture a little dude in pinstripes with a bad new york accent on one shoulder, and a. bartlett giamatti on your other shoulder, each whispering in your ear.

to extend on the trop being bullshit, any stadium in which the ground rules must include rules about CATWALKS and the ceiling should be imploded.

which fan is winning? i picture a little dude in pinstripes with a bad new york accent on one shoulder, and a. bartlett giamatti on your other shoulder, each whispering in your ear.

A Bartlett Giamatti would have nicotine stench, keep his ghost away from me.

The Yankee fan in me is currently winning, mostly due to this thread and your presence in it. :)

I just want to know why it is everytime U2 is about to put out or just put out an album or a tour a Philly team goes to a championship.
Eagles in the superbowl- 2005
Sixers in the NBA final-2001
Flyers in NHL finals-1997
Phillies in World Series-1993- U2
Phillies won the World Series in 1980 and went in 83
Sixers won the championship in 83

I don't know about the other years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom