MLB 2006 - Spring has officially begun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears Jon Garland has returned to the Jon Garland of old. :grumpy:

He implodes right around the 4th inning.

Podsednik is awful, god awful. The Sock only have 1 outfielder who can hit. This does not look good.

Podsednik will get out of his slump sooner or later. If they can win 4 in a row with him playing this terribly, imagine how good they could be if he starts playing at last years level :drool:

And I'm not worried about Garland just yet. Even if he does keep sucking, Brandon McCarthy is a pretty good backup option

In other baseball news, MLB 2K6 is insanely difficult to play :angry:

How often to we get to use the adjective....The FIRST PLACE New York Mets:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Headache your not the only one with a man crush :reject:

We can fight over him.....Pistols at dawn???

Viva los Mets !!

no longer is he Carlos BUSTran, but rather Carols BELT the ball in to the upper deck daily !

Delgado is a stud....

think Barry Bonds is off to a slow start just because he's off to a slow start OR do you think it has something to do w/ being in his 40s OR that he's off the juice OR because of the pending investigation hanging over his head?

Numb1075 said:
Viva los Mets !!

no longer is he Carlos BUSTran, but rather Carols BELT the ball in to the upper deck daily !

i know i've gotten into arguments with the brush over this before, but the treatment that beltran got on opening day is exactly why, even as a met fan, other met fans annoy the crap out of me from time to time. now i have no problem with fans booing someone for not producing, esp. someone making as much money as carlos beltran... but come on now. it's opening day. give the guy a month... a week even. i don't blame beltran for not wanting to come out for the curtain call last thursday (which i didn't realize he didn't want to come out at first because they didn't show franco talking to him on the diamond vision... i was at the game)

i booed beltran just as much as anyone else last year... but come on, give the guy a chance in his second season.

Delgado is a stud....

yes... yes he is. :drool:

think Barry Bonds is off to a slow start just because he's off to a slow start OR do you think it has something to do w/ being in his 40s OR that he's off the juice OR because of the pending investigation hanging over his head?

it's tough to tell... normaly if a guy in his low 40s coming off a year in which he missed 80% of the season didn't produce like he used to anymore, no one would think twice about it. but barry is obviously a different situation because of all that's hanging over his head. :shrug: who knows... it could be any one of the reasons you mentioned.

and the brush... pistols at dawn for the man crush affection of david wright? works for me. i'd help him move :drool:

For the record, I was never a Beltran boo-er.

Yes, he had a sub par year last year....but I think that was because he was trying to do too much. I think he's beginning to thrive now because of all the talent around him. There isn't all that pressure to be "the man". He know that if he doesn't produce for a game or a week or two, that there are a handful of other guys who will pick up the slack. He's more relaxed now.

i didn't say you were... was just stating for the record. it's good to see him finally producing the way he should be. if he hits, oh i don't know, .280, 30 dingers, 90 to 100 rbis, 30-40 steals, 100+ runs scored and plays a good outfield... then as long as the pitching staff stays healthy, the mets are looking at a good 95+ win season... 'cause frankly, the NL East... and the entire National League, short of st. louis, sucks.

i think i heard that the Mets play the Nats and Fish 38 times this season.

VERY Conservative #s here:

If that's true, we should take a minimum of 28 out of 38 games.
That leaves the Mets w/ 124 games vs everyone else....say worst case scenario, we split those games....

The Mets would have 90 wins.

Last edited:
Of course by Mother's Day the last shred of tendon holding Pedro's shoulder together could snap...just wanna keep you Mets boys on an even keel as they've played a whopping 8 games so far, and against 2 little league caliber teams no less... carry on:wink:

Hewson said:
Of course by Mother's Day the last shred of tendon holding Pedro's shoulder together could snap...just wanna keep you Mets boys on an even keel as they've played a whopping 8 games so far, and against 2 little league caliber teams no less... carry on:wink:

8 games in and a 4 game lead over the 2nd place braves... only one last place team in the rest of the league is 4 games back.

the NL East is terrible... the entire division is little league caliber. ya still gotta worry about the braves, for now... but the more and more ya see them play, the less and less it looks like they're gonna be able to turn it around. it may be time to put the TBS announce crew on a suicide watch.

Last edited:
very true - I worry about Pete's shoulder and big toe daily.:huh:

and yes it's true that we've played scrubs. But we did what you have to do against the bottom dwellers - beat them and beat them bad.

Should Pete go down for a month or two, we could always throw Heilman in his place (and he is a proven "pitcher") or Phillip Humber who is getting rave reviews as well.

So I think we'd be ok.

forget humber... show me pelfry :drool:

img6016311.jpg

:bow:

they still have to play the braves 6 times this month... let's be generous and give 'em a split, 3-3.

let's take 2 from the brewers, and 5-2 on the west cost swing against the giants and terrible padres.

that puts 'em at 17-7 at the end of the month... i'll take it.

and then it doesn't get any tougher the first 2 weeks of may... 13 games against washington, pittsburgh, atlanta, philly and milwaukee... let's go with a 10-3 spot there. that now has us at 27-10 going into the first rough part of the season, 3 games at st. louis, 3 at home against he yankees.

but even if they perform poorly in those 6 games... hellooooo... they follow that tough stretch up with 29 games against philly, arizona, florida, san francisco, the dodgers, the orioles and the reds.

then they have the toughest stretch of the season... 9 straight on the road against toronto, boston and the yankees. and then after that it's 7 at home against pittsburgh and the marlins leading into the all star break.

so, long story short... the mets schedule is soooo easy.

Last edited:
http://www.lukeletlow.com/images/photos_page/olivia/Mr.-Met.jpg[img]

I will never figure out how to post a pic

Last edited:
thanks Headache, I actually had a setting turned off on the User CP.

you think i would know this by now, but, do you need to be a premium member to have a signature under your posts?

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i went with mlb'06: the show this year... still pissed that MVP lost the right to use MLB players. i picked up the college version, and it's pretty cool, but it's not the same.

2K6 was the only option afforded me on the 360, otherwise I might have looked into The Show.

Swing stick :mad:

yeah, i don't know if i even want to buy 2k6 for the 360, i wasnt that impressed with the player graphics and i havent read great reviews.

im waiting for madden...done properly :drool: not like stripped down madden that they had for it last year

StlElevation said:
yeah, i don't know if i even want to buy 2k6 for the 360, i wasnt that impressed with the player graphics and i havent read great reviews.

im waiting for madden...done properly :drool: not like stripped down madden that they had for it last year

If Madden and Live don't absolutely kick ass this year, I'm going to be pretty upset.

2K6 is getting better the more I get used to the scheme. I'm striking the ball better now, but I'm still unable to hit for power. Pitching is very similar to MVP, which is right up my alley. The graphics look fantastic on HD, but I don't think I've seen a player model who looks like his real life counterpart yet, which really bugs me.

yeah seriously madden and live better kick major ass . all the graphics are always amazing on HD. i agree (without having the game) that they don't look like their real life counterparts, at least from the screen shots that i saw. nba live is amazing at that. ok i'll stop derailing the thread now.

I agree about the beltran thing. Its a new year the fans should have waited to boo him. And this comes from a guy who grew increasingly frustrated with him last year.

Hes a very good major leaguer and I expect him to bounce back. Do I expect his 04 numbers? No

Do I dream of them......absolutely!!!

Glavine is on tonight. 9 Ks in 5 innings so far. The Universe is slowly alligning for us.................

But seriously its April, but i couldnt agree with Headache more, their schedule is very weak in the coming month and we have an excellent oppourtunity to make some hay

:drool: :drool: :drool: HAY:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Padilla gave up back-to-back-to-back home runs today, which lost the game.

Guess how many pitches it took him.

Go ahead, guess.

THREE :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom