MLB 2006 - Spring has officially begun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
this is exactly why i hate all the steroid discussion and wish that baseball could have just swept it all under the rug the same way the nba did with jordan's gambling problems...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sp...5591149A7F22D5EE86257172001FC861?OpenDocument

so what... now everytime an amazing player comes around we're going to get someone questioning his use of steroids?

What, you were expecting baseball to force Barry Bonds to retire and pursue his lifelong dream of playing in the NBDL?

Star Cuban defector, Alay Soler, is expected to start tomorrow night vs Philly....I like it, throw him into the fire right away.

Mets prospect "phenom", Lastings Milledge, started a bench clearing brawl by coming in w/ a high slide and spiking opposition Jonathan Schuerholz's leg. And yes, he is the son of the Atlanta Braves GM. Sweet....It's about time we start getting some revenge on the Braves.:wink:

Lastings better hope he doesn't face John Smoltz when he gets called up. Chin music city baby.

Look out Mr. Mays, we're gunning for ya.

randhail said:
is it rather sad that the highlight of my day is continuing to boost the post count in this thread?

Me too:hyper:

are we closing in on the Bambino?

Last edited:
phanan said:
All this talk of the Mets minor leaguers inspired me to check out how the Paw Sox are doing...

Pitching :up:
Batting :down: ... Downright scary, actually.

is there anyone even worth mentioning besides Pedroia?

What scares me is that they have zero catchers in the system. Varitek is 34 and grooming a young guy wouldn't be a bad idea...might not have been a bad idea to keep Shoppach around.

Finally going out to the ballpark to catch my first Rangers game of the season. I like how they went on the road for two week right when I finally got home from university, so I've had to sit around waiting for them to get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom