MLB 2006 - Spring has officially begun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
when you're a catcher and you plow over another catcher, that's one thing.. it's part of the game...

when you then slap homeplate like an asshole and show up the catcher who you just plowed over? you deserved to get punched in the face

Yea, I totally agree. He also shoved Barrett too. Never liked him that much.

Good thing I benched Barrett in my fantasy league though. hehe

capt.41a0528667c5438f9e1d223450fc95b7.cubs_white_sox_baseball_cxs101.jpg

Matt786 said:
Here's the video of the Barrett-Pierzynski incident, in case anyone hasn't seen it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctsYoWLgtuY

Damn, that's quick. God bless the Internet.

Pierzynski's reaction is outstanding. Show up the other guy, then let your teammates handle the dirty work. For crying out loud, even A-Rod fights his own battles.

Last edited:
pub crawler said:

:up: He's such a fuckin' little bitch. Fuck 'im. :mad:

oh please. :rolleyes: So he's a "little bitch" b/c he didn't take a swing and risk being suspended for 10 games? Riiiiiight. Good work Michael Barrett. :up: I mean, the Cubs totally don't need you right now.

The Sox won the game and that's all that really matters.

WildHoneyAlways said:

oh please. :rolleyes: So he's a "little bitch" b/c he didn't take a swing and risk being suspended for 10 games? Riiiiiight. Good work Michael Barrett. :up: I mean, the Cubs totally don't need you right now.

The Sox won the game and that's all that really matters.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pierzynski received a suspension.

It's one thing to walk away from a fight.

It's another thing entirely to walk away from a fight that he starts. He acted like that kid in school who'd throw stuff at you in recess and then go get his older brother when you confront him.

speedracer said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Pierzynski received a suspension.

It's one thing to walk away from a fight.

It's another thing entirely to walk away from a fight that he starts. He acted like that kid in school who'd throw stuff at you in recess and then go get his older brother when you confront him.

I don't get it

first of all Barrett was blocking Pierzynski's path, so he had every right to bowl him over

secondly, he only walked in Barrett's direction afterwards because he needed pick up his helmet

Barrett himself said that Pierzynski didn't say anything to provoke him after

I was mad he was even ejected, since it was Brian Anderson and Pods who threw the punches

bottom line though: Barrett=dickface

WildHoneyAlways said:

oh please. :rolleyes: So he's a "little bitch" b/c he didn't take a swing and risk being suspended for 10 games? Riiiiiight.

:wink: Nope. He's a little bitch because he has a history of trying to pull off lameass shenanigans. When he was with the Giants, apparently his teammates hated him. A few weeks ago when the Angels were playing the Sox in Chicago Pierzynski was up to his usual crap, i.e. arguing every check swing strike (um, sit the fuck down, AJ) and, in one instance, trying to dupe the home plate ump in much the same way he did in the infamous play of last post-season. His act gets old. :angry:

That said, I think the White Sox are a helluva good team and I've posted as much in this thread. As long as they stay healthy, they should be the AL favorite. Obviously as a Sox fan, you're going to defend AJ. But I hate his ass. :sexywink: :wink: :silent:

I know Pierzynski's act gets old. :wink: I was worried when he came to the Sox since everyone on the Giants hated him. As it turns out, he fits in here.

I was just wondering why not hitting back made him weak. But since you weren't refering to that, it's all good. :D

I'm Ready said:

I don't get it

first of all Barrett was blocking Pierzynski's path, so he had every right to bowl him over

secondly, he only walked in Barrett's direction afterwards because he needed pick up his helmet

I was mad he was even ejected, since it was Brian Anderson and Pods who threw the punches

If Barrett says that Pierzynski wasn't trying to instigate anything and that he overreacted, fine. Slapping the plate after the collision was still a poor move though.

I'm Ready said:

I don't get it

if you believe pierzynski that he bumped barrett merely because he was going to get his helmet, well then... i've got some prime new york realestate to sell ya...

brooklynbridge.jpg

go ahead... make me an offer.

you wanna say that pierzynski didn't want to start a fight? fine... his fleeing the scene after the brawl started backs that up. but all his actions certainly show that he was attempting to show the cubs up... probably just in a lame attempt to get the crowd into the game... and it certainly backfired.

should barrett have cold cocked him? probably not... but i can't really blame him, either

Last edited:
phanan said:
I can't believe the Mets blew that game. I missed almost all of it, but turned it on as the 9th inning began, and I then got to witness Wagner implode.

ugh... he never should have been in the game in the first place. non-save situation... shoulda left in drrty sanchez.

:tsk: going to the game tonight... which went from a "if they win great, if they lose no biggie" type of a game to a tension filled must win game in about 20 minutes time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom