MLB '08, Part Dos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my reasoning:

view.image

These two have yet to begin hitting the baseball with consistency. And we still kick ass without taking any names.

Oh...and toss in the best team ERA in baseball, a Gold-Glove infield, the emergence of future Hall of Famers Carlos Quentin and Alexei Ramirez, and the incoherent vocal stylings of Ozzie Guillen and we have a team that takes a morning dump all over the aging and fragile Red Sox.

I'd take the AL Central.

Let's do some comparisons shall we:

The two "worst" teams in the Central and East...record wise...are the Royals/Indians and Blue Jays/Orioles.

Of those 4 teams, which has the best chance of making a legitimate run at the playoffs? The Indians. Mark one down for the AL Central.

Next we compare the Tigers and Yankees. That's a wash because they both spend too much money on shitty, injury-prone players and neither team can pitch their way out of a paper bag. But can they both make a run at a playoff berth? Yes.

Next we compare the second place Devil Rays and the second place Twins. That's another wash. Two scrappy, young, well-managed ball clubs who are playing out of their heads.

So it all comes down to Sox vs. Sox. The two first place Sox.

Red Sox vs. White Sox...

Advantage AL central.

AL Central, due to logical reasoning, is the most loaded division in MLB.

that sort of logical reasoning could get you a cushy job with the bush administration.

this is the point in the show where i ask you if you've been drinking.

7-12 vs. AL east (1 team under .500)
6-6 vs. AL West (1 team under .500)
9-6 vs. 4 NL opponents under .500
0-3 vs. 1 NL opponent over .500
21-11 vs. AL Central (3 teams under .500)

these are your fearsome chicago white sox.

These aren't the droids you're looking for, Headache.

Your mathematical and statistical prowess does nothing for me.

You are looking at splits from the PAST. As in games that have already happened. I like to focus on the future. As in games that have yet to transpire. As in games that we will win...easily. And a worlds championship that we will win...easily.

Steamroller.

Buzzsaw.

Buehrle.

GOodnight,

These aren't the droids you're looking for, Headache.

Your mathematical and statistical prowess does nothing for me.

You are looking at splits from the PAST. As in games that have already happened. I like to focus on the future. As in games that have yet to transpire. As in games that we will win...easily. And a worlds championship that we will win...easily.

Steamroller.

Buzzsaw.

Buehrle.

GOodnight,

So, let me get this straight:

Your argument that the AL Central is the best division in baseball is "look at the future?"

Your argument that the White Sox are going to win the championship is "look at the future?"

Guys, the Phillies are going to win the NL. Any analysis of that statement can be rebutted by "look to the future: the Phillies are going to win those games EASILY."

So, let me get this straight:

Your argument that the AL Central is the best division in baseball is "look at the future?"

Your argument that the White Sox are going to win the championship is "look at the future?"

Guys, the Phillies are going to win the NL. Any analysis of that statement can be rebutted by "look to the future: the Phillies are going to win those games EASILY."

Gum? Why would I want that? Why would I want bubble gum?

Quizno's is the big winner here.

Also, I just want the Yankees to win, Ashley. That's all I want. Oh, and it's fun when the Cubs win, sure.

Quiznos truly does always win....and my life is all the worse for that :(

F'n Yankees :madspit: I just hope if the Cubs lose today it's not badly...I don't know if the thread could handle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom