MLB '08 - Down The Stretch Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rain has completely fucked with every division race in baseball... except for the san andreas angels, of course.

i'd be stunned if the mets play tonight... or tomorrow for that matter. the phills and brewers have already been rained out, houston has rained out their series.

stupid rain :shakesangryfist:

by the way... if you've got a few million bucks you can set up the complete shea stadium in your backyard, just like cosmo kramer and the merv griffen set.

Final Price List (Loge 13)

The look on Costanza's face when he wandered onto the Griffin set in Kramer's apartment is one of my all-time favorite sit-com moments.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
rain has completely fucked with every division race in baseball... except for the san andreas angels, of course.
How ironic that your avatar features the quarterback of the New Jersey Giants. :larry:

in case you were wondering... the annual coin tosses were held, in case of ties for the division or wild card.

TIEBREAKER SCENARIOS
AMERICAN LEAGUE

Playoff for AL East
Tampa Bay at Boston

Playoff for AL Central
Minnesota at Chicago

Playoff for AL Wild Card
Minnesota at Boston

NATIONAL LEAGUE

Playoff for NL East
New York at Philadelphia

Playoff for NL Central
Chicago Cubs at Milwaukee

Playoff for NL West
Arizona at Los Angeles

Playoff for NL Wild Card
Milwaukee at Philadelphia
Milwaukee at Houston
Milwaukee at St. Louis
Houston at Philadelphia
St. Louis at Philadelphia
Houston at St. Louis

Private suites at Fenway are pretty damn cool, I must say. I've never been in one before. I could freakin' blog the entire game if ya'll wanted me to, but I won't bore you.

Nice.
I have had the pleasure, and it is pretty cool, plus the endless stream of healthy food like hot dogs, sausages, chicken fingers, chips and popcorn is sweet.

No comments about the Twins finally pulling even with the White Sox?

Things gotta be hurtin' on the South Side right about now.

Also, I feel bad for the Astros. I don't think it's entirely fair to be playing those games in Milwaukee. Surely there had to be another ballpark available that was more neutral, like an American League one? Kansas City, for example?

And it looks right now like the D-Bags are fucked. 4.5 behind the Dodgers? So much for that killer rotation.

Brewers are seriously going down, too.

The Phillies are going to be within 1 game of the Wild Card after today, and then the Brewers go to Chicago, where they will be put out of their misery.

It's over, cheeseheads.

CORRECTION: Forgot about the doubleheader. But this means that they could be tied up by the end of the day.

Well, we're a week away from my Yankee 2008 silver lining. When I go to next Sunday's game, it really will be the last game ever played there. It will be an interesting day for me.

Well, we're a week away from my Yankee 2008 silver lining. When I go to next Sunday's game, it really will be the last game ever played there. It will be an interesting day for me.

even i have to admit that it is kinda sad that "the house that ruth built and then george tore down and rebuilt and tries to play it off as if it's the same house that ruth built" will be dark in it's final october.

Listening to the game on a Houston radio station and they were just now speculating on whether or not Ned Yost should be looking for a new job if the BrewCrew manage to blow it again this season :hmm:

even i have to admit that it is kinda sad that "the house that ruth built and then george tore down and rebuilt and tries to play it off as if it's the same house that ruth built" will be dark in it's final october.

Like we discussed, it's the only Yankee Stadium I've ever really known, so the fact that it was rebuilt is not relevant for me.

I sure would have liked to see some October baseball there for its final season, but, cannot complain after 13 years straight of post-season action. Fucking Pirates are now in their 17th straight losing season, so, there you have it. :)

Now we'll see if Shea hosts October baseball. I refuse to actually believe that they will collapse two years in a row and miss the playoffs. Seems too far-fetched.

Nice.
I have had the pleasure, and it is pretty cool, plus the endless stream of healthy food like hot dogs, sausages, chicken fingers, chips and popcorn is sweet.

Add steak tips to that list and that would be the menu for the evening.

A little ice cream from the cart outside the suites to top it off, too. Yeah, it was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom