MLB '08 - Down The Stretch Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reds win. God, that's gotta be so frustrating for the Brewers and their fans. The Cubs are keeping the door wide open for the Brewers to come in and make this a serious race, but they can't seem to gain any ground.

And the Cardinals are gaining ground on the Brewers as well.

As each day passes, I am becoming less and less doubtful that the Cards are going to come out of nowhere and make the playoffs. It's pretty late in the game, and they're pretty far back, but the way the Cubs and BrewCrew are playing, it seems possible

ETA: :doh: I'm not thinking straight, keep forgetting they're not 8 games out of the wild card race

As each day passes, I am becoming less and less doubtful that the Cards are going to come out of nowhere and make the playoffs. It's pretty late in the game, and they're pretty far back, but the way the Cubs and BrewCrew are playing, it seems possible

ETA: :doh: I'm not thinking straight, keep forgetting they're not 8 games out of the wild card race

On ESPN, they have this handy-dandy playoff odds estimate, powered by sabermetric analysis. Right now it says that St. Louis has a 9.8% chance of making the playoffs. And since sabermetric analysis never lies, well...it's not looking so good.

Neither Marmol nor Wood appear able to keep a lead. And I don't think I even need to mention Bob Howry.

What the hell is going on here?!

You wonder if they go to a 4-man rotation in the playoffs if they'll just use Marquis instead. He's no less reliable at this point.

It'd be pretty funny if both the Mets and Phils get in and Bud's Brewers are assed out in October.

not to mention toronto and minnesota get in in the AL and chicago and either tampa or boston miss out.

in the mean time...

lspt.jpg

The problem with Kyle Kendrick is that he's not very good. So, if you have to pitch him ... why throw him against a team he faces regularly? The more teams see him, the more they hit him. It would have made much more sense to pitch J.A. Happ last night and Kendrick Thursday, but it appears the Phils have reversed that.

Either way, I have no faith in this team to make the postseason. They don't have that spark they had last year. This is the year of Jimmy Rollins' attitude problems, unfortunately.

Am I the only one that thinks of Lance's Mom every time I see this thread title?

At this rate, the next one will be called "8 Teams Enter...1 Team Leaves".

If they don't win tonight, I will be beyond pissed.

If they have the lead and blow it in the later innings, I will throw stuff.

I've been quite ill, so I haven't touched it since Sunday, but there is still quite a bit of alcohol in my refrigerator from my birthday. I was saving it for Gymkata, but if the Cubs don't behave themselves, things might get out of hand.

And down go the Phillies.

Losing 2 out of 3 to Washington and 2 out of 3 to Florida killed their postseason hopes.

Wow. Buehrle out-pitches Halladay, we have a 4 run lead going into the bottom of the 9th and Bobby Jenks tries his damnedest to blow the game but...

n1921876_42744927_8836.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom