Mixed Drinks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I'm not drinking beer I drink either:

1. Ketel One and tonic
or
2. Some drink that probably is a real drink with a name but I've never heard of so I made it up in my mind:

Ketel One
Pineapple juice
Tonic

mexican martini :drool:

teqi_r02_c12.jpg

Utoo said:

Anything with Bailey's is fantastic! :heart:

White Russians ain't too shabby, either. :drool:

I agree completely. That's how I like my liquor. These suggestions are all SO good, thanks to those that posted actual recipes. Keep em' comin! Here's one of my favorites off thebar.com:

Ingredients
• 2 oz. Baileys Irish Cream
• 1 oz. cappuccino liqueur
• 2 scoops mint ice cream
    or ice
• 1 splash cream
• 1 cherry
................................................................................
Preparation
• Add Baileys Irish Cream, cappuccino liqueur, mint ice cream or ice, and cream
• Blend and serve in hurricane glass
• Garnish with cherry

There was this drink I had in Dublin, called Jamie's and Red. Apparently it was made with this red lemonade soda type stuff that you can only get in Ireland....anyways you mixed it with Jameson's whiskey and some ice and it was simply heavenly...I drank alot of those.

:drool:

I'm not much of a mixed-drink drinker--
i usually partake in beer swillin' and shot takin'...
nonetheless, i do love a spicy Bloody Mary or a very dry, very dirty vodka Martini (preferably Tanqueray Sterling Vodka or Ketel One with no less than 5 olives)....yummy!
actually-does a martini even count as a "mixed drink"???

I have just started learning about gin, vodka, tonic... all those dry drinks. I still need a little sweet in mine though. Here's a great one:

French 75 (again from thebar.com)

Ingredients
• 1.25 oz. gin
• .25 oz. champagne
• 1.25 oz. lemon juice
• 2 tsp. superfine sugar
• 1 slice orange
• 1 maraschino cherry
................................................................................
Preparation
• In a shaker half filled with ice, add gin, superfine sugar, and lemon juice
• Shake well and pour into glass
• Top with champagne and stir well
• Garnish with orange slice and maraschino cherry

Melonballs have been known to cause me rather unusual behavior in the past. :shifty:

(Equal parts Midori, Absolut, and pineapple juice) :drool: :drunk:

For shots I like Chivas, Royal Flushes, or Goldschlager/Aftershock served verrrrrry cold. :up:

This woman came into my bar last night and ordered the most disgusting drink I have ever heard of. She didnt know what it was called, but she drank 4 of them. Here we go:

1/2 oz tequila
1/2 green creme de menthe ( for those who dont know, it tastes like mouthwash)
1/2 Grand Marnier ( orange flavored)
1/2 gin

filled with soda water.
We made a small one behind the bar cause we were curious, It tasted like fizzy Nyquil. BLAH!

Urg, that doesn't sound good. I like the Melon Balls, that sounded like a good drink, but the taste of NyQuil makes me shudder.

Anyone use alcohol as a cold remedy? Here's my favorite thing to drink when I get sick. I wouldn't suggest drinking much, obviously, alcohol doesn't help the immune system, but one of these sure does warm the aching bones:

A Hole in One from thebar.com
Ingredients
• 1.5 oz. scotch
• 1 tbsp. honey
• 3 oz. unsweetened tea
• 1 wedge lemon
Preparation
• Add scotch, honey, and unsweetened tea
• Stir and serve over ice
• Garnish with lemon wedge

BluRmGrl said:

For shots I like Chivas, Royal Flushes, or Goldschlager/Aftershock served verrrrrry cold. :up:

For me Chivas equates to a Royal Flush.

I like to mickey my women a spiked Cherry Coke.

*Coca-cola
*Captain Morgan
*Cherry Pucker

Though I've heard wonderful things about the clear transparent Long Island Ice Tea.

I'm a big fan of mojitos, myself. Other than that I usually keep my mixed drinks fairly simple. SoCo & Sour, Jack&Coke, absolut cran, the occasional shot of patron... :D

Back
Top Bottom