Mission Impossible III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
Box office seems to be rebounding a bit this year.

Will this movie put it over the hump?

Is the movie any good?

In a word, yes.

Saw it last night.

The franchise is intact.

Seymour-Hoffman was great.

Cruise does a good job as action hero. The stunts were very good. And an able supporting cast.

Story was fine. This should be a very big film.

As for TC. I am happy for his success and wish him and his family the best.

But haters, I know
will keep on hating.

I don't like Tom Cruise, but his movies are always top notch :up:

I loved him as:

The cocky high school student
The cocky football player
The cocky fighter pilot
The cocky bartender
The cocky pool hustler
The cocky race car driver
The cocky lawyer, twice
The cocky vampire
The cocky special agent
The cocky sports agent
The cocky future police officer.

he brings alot to his roles.

(the first part about his movies being good was serious.)

I liked MI3....Saw the Superman Returns trailer on it as well--very cool! There are lots of huge movies coming out this summer so box office is looking good!

I liked it too, Philip Seymour Hoffman is amazing. Whatever it is about that guy, it works-big time. Supremely gifted and talented actor. Best part about the movie for me- and of course the stunts, effects are very good. Cruise and I think JJ Abrams too wanted the love story aspect. Eh, it was OK I guess.

I've seen I and II and I loved both, I really enjoy him in those movies. I loved Thandie Newton in II.

Box office remains to be seen, I was reading this article on ew.com about the Cruise backlash, etc. All of his personal stuff doesn't stop me from seeing his movies, they say the backlash is strongest among women.

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1191046_1_0_,00.html

"It was a widely circulated piece of gossip from Fox News' Roger Friedman (citing a Paramount insider) that at an early test screening of Mission: Impossible III, during a scene in which Cruise's character, Ethan Hunt, is being beaten within an inch of his life, the audience did something that once would have been unthinkable: They clapped. Applauding at the sight of Cruise being pummeled — has it really come to this?"

deep said:

How long have you known Tom Cruise?

or is your dislike based on
reliable sourses?

It's OK if they don't care for Tom Cruise as a person or actor. What he puts out there in the media is not really reliable sources, it's stuff out of the horse's mouth. Granted, I've always liked the guy, but some of his opinions and actions are bonkers, etc. etc.

It's kinda like I cannot stand Gwyneth Paltrow. I don't know her, but her acting bores me, and her personality is way too haughty for my taste. Again, it's what she puts out there. She is known as an Ice Queen.

I can't watch his movies anymore because when I see him in a film, I no longer see a character, I see a lunatic jumping on a couch.

He's ruined Jerry Maguire and Top Gun for me, and I have no intention of paying to see MI3 either. I didn't really like the first two anyway, but this sort of franchise isn't what I usually go watch.

I dare anyone to cite one flaw on that super-stud machine of a hunk.

He is in his mid-Forties, yet he looks like he is in his early 20s. He still looks the same as he did 25 years ago, not like some people,

coughBonocough

character flaws trump physical flaws everytime.

not that i expect you to understand that, windmilllane.

like anitram, i'll be exercising my dollar vote and refuse to pay a cent to see tom cruise in a movie, no matter how much i want to see phillip seymour hoffman's performance.

So you find phillip seymour hoffman hotter than Tom Cruise?

:confused:

Phillip Seymour Hoffman is balding and grossly out of shape. On the other hand, Tom Cruise is impeccably flawless.

:hmm:

If I were a woman, if I had a choice between a slobby-looking, yet enlightening and sweet guy like Phillip Seymour Hoffman and an arrogant stud-muffin hottie like Tom Cruise, I would say

SHOW ME THE MONEY

*hops into Tom Cruise's sexy arms*

Tom Cruise is, like, 3'5". I don't like short men. How's that? :wink:

I probably won't see MI:3. I really disliked the second one. I don't think I'd sit through the new one just for Philip Seymour Hoffman.

I never cared for Tom Cruise and his movies, until Jerry Maguire, when I liked him and his movies past that point. Now I'm back to not liking him or his movies again. And I'm okay with that.

(Although I did really like War of the Worlds. He didn't even annoy me in that one.)

LemonMacPhisto said:

I loved him as:

The cocky high school student
The cocky football player
The cocky fighter pilot
The cocky bartender
The cocky pool hustler
The cocky race car driver
The cocky lawyer, twice
The cocky vampire
The cocky special agent
The cocky sports agent
The cocky future police officer.

Exactly. I don't think Tom Cruise is a bad actor per se, I'd just love to see him break away from predictable sort of roles. I don't think I'm going to rush out to see this. I'll probably just wait a year to catch it on cable.

In all honesty, I don't think he's that attractive. The fact that he looks almost the same as he did when I was little kind of freaks me out. Aging gracefully is a lot more attractive to me than trying not to age at all. As is trying new things instead of doing the same thing over and over.

Maybe I'm just hard to please. :shrug:

Confession time. I don't like Tom (as portrayed in the media) or his movies. I mean, he does fine, but I didn't like Top Gun, I never got into the Mission impossible movies, I kind of liked Vanilla Sky, but more the story. Jerry McGuire was good but again, probably liked the story.

And it's true he hasn't changed in physical appearance since 25, but that's strange in itself.
Give me Johnny Depp any day.:ohmy: :reject:

And don't be hating on Bono. :mad:

did someone say Depp?
johnny-depp.jpg

and Jerry McGuire -didn't like it that much the first time, but the next hundred times I've seen it, I thought it was very good. It's mainly because of the storyline and how well written it was, and Cuba Gooding & Renee Zellweger (not to mention Cruise).

I'm definitely seeing MI 3. I like his movies in general, regardless of what he does in his private life.

Last edited:
Windmilllane said:
So you find phillip seymour hoffman hotter than Tom Cruise?

:confused:

Phillip Seymour Hoffman is balding and grossly out of shape. On the other hand, Tom Cruise is impeccably flawless.

I'm not sure if you're kidding or what, but hey, I'm bored and will take the bait.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman is one of the greatest actors we are blessed with right now. While Tom Cruise might appear impeccably flawless to you, PSH's acting is impeccably flawless to many of us.

Windmilllane said:

If I were a woman, if I had a choice between a slobby-looking, yet enlightening and sweet guy like Phillip Seymour Hoffman and an arrogant stud-muffin hottie like Tom Cruise, I would say

SHOW ME THE MONEY

*hops into Tom Cruise's sexy arms*

yeah, because you are such an expert on the female mind, and we are plane minded, predictible being :rolleyes:

'M:I3' fails to meet box office forecast.

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Fewer people chose to accept Tom Cruise's latest mission, a possible sign that the odd behavior of Hollywood's biggest star may have taken a toll on his box-office charm.

Paramount's "Mission: Impossible III" debuted with $48.025 million, a solid opening yet well below industry expectations and almost $10 million lower than the franchise's previous installment, according to studio estimates Sunday.

HelloAngel said:

It's OK if they don't care for Tom Cruise as a person or actor. What he puts out there in the media is not really reliable sources, it's stuff out of the horse's mouth. Granted, I've always liked the guy, but some of his opinions and actions are bonkers, etc. etc.

It's kinda like I cannot stand Gwyneth Paltrow. I don't know her, but her acting bores me, and her personality is way too haughty for my taste. Again, it's what she puts out there. She is known as an Ice Queen.

That's what I meant, some actors portray themselves as likable on screen and real-life.

I guess it's based on charisma and not insanity, he just rubs me the wrong way.

Back
Top Bottom