Missed club NYC shows (Radiohead/Jane's Addiction)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I am extremely pissed off.

First of all, Radiohead played the Beacon Theatre here last week, and I found out about the show way too late to get tix. Now I see that Jane's addiction is playing Irving Plaza here in two days and is sold out. I am so annoyed, I keep hearing about these amazing club shows too damn late.

I am supposed to go watch the taping of Jane's Addiction on Carson Daly Live tomorrow night, but I need to get into that club show...

What to do?

Go to the Carson Daly taping and run up to Perry Farrell and beg for tix to the club show.

I think I may.

I met Dave Navarro in Prague and he was very nice (he was also expecting to meet his cousin who he thought I was but anyway...)

FUCK JANE'S ADDICTION!!!

everything past nothing's shocking sucks my ass! omg, i worshipped perry farrel for years until that bullshit ritual de lo habitual. i saw jane open for love and rockets at uc irvine who knows how many years ago. and too many times to count after. my god, how i loved them until they sold out.

perry oughta listen to his own advice, "no talking man, all action!"

god, though, how i love them.

bonosgirl84 said:
FUCK JANE'S ADDICTION!!!

everything past nothing's shocking sucks my ass! omg, i worshipped perry farrel for years until that bullshit ritual de lo habitual. i saw jane open for love and rockets at uc irvine who knows how many years ago. and too many times to count after. my god, how i loved them until they sold out.

perry oughta listen to his own advice, "no talking man, all action!"

Yowza! Whilst I'm in agreeance with the fact that "Nothing's Shocking" is basically THE essential Jane's album, you can't knock "Ritual de lo Habitual." That album kicked serious tuchus! And they didn't sell out, they were smart and made a great summertime album, rolled out Lollapalooza, and then bid adeiu. Now, if you were to ask me how I feel I feel about Jane's Addication circa 2003, THEN YES I would say they are sellouts to the Nth degree. Fuck Dave Navarro and his hooker fiance, fuck Perry (Berstein) Farell and his "let's give bagels to everyone at our shows" pseudo hippy surfrider bullshit persona. Eat a steak for fucks sake. The only cool one left in Jane's is the drummer, Stephen Perkins. God, he can make tin cans and a bowl of minestroni sound like manna from heaven.

OK, my rant is officially over. You can all come out now.

PS- I stand corrected. The only cool one in Jane's is ex-bassist Eric A. Because he refused to participate. Now that's using yer noggin'.

HeadsOnSticks said:
Nothing's Shocking" is basically THE essential Jane's album

THE essential jane is the first album, the triple x album, the original album. and thank you for ranting with me, heads.

right after i posted last night, perry was on some random late night talk show with his la la girls. oh god, how could he embarrass me like this?

you are both wrong.

Ritual is better than both, but I will agree that the best part of the band is Stephen Perkins.

He is simply the best.

:sigh: My disappointment runs deep. While Ritual has great songs like 3 Days/Classic Girl/Stop/Ain't No Right, Nothing's Shocking has: The Mountain Song :heart:

"Cooooooming doooooown the mooooouuuuuuuntain!"

Bonosgirl84, I applaud your obviously keen sense of good music.

Ouizy... :|

Back
Top Bottom