Mini Mac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dalton said:
Somewhere along the line my questions never got answered.

If you do decide to pull the trigger on the mac mini make sure to upgrade the memory. It only comes with 256MB which I don't really think is enough juice. The downside to upgrading is either you will have to pay apples's premium price for a memory upgrade or if you choose to buy third party memory you would still have to have a licensed apple dealer install it for you. Also, I'm sure you are aware that you will have to provide your own keyboard, mouse and display.

The incentive to owning a mac is that the os is really stable, easy to use, no viruses, more enjoyalbe than xp and chicks will like you for your computer.

Last edited:
i've been thinking about getting one and keeping my pc. would i be able to use the same monitor i have now? i was thinking i could just keep them both and switch monitors as i need to use the mac :shrug:

ABEL said:
i've been thinking about getting one and keeping my pc. would i be able to use the same monitor i have now? i was thinking i could just keep them both and switch monitors as i need to use the mac :shrug:

Yes, you can use your monitor & I would recommend using a KVM switch which would let your pc and mac to toggle back and forth. Actually the mac min is targeted directly to a consumer like you. Good luck!

There's a very nice deal going on at a store near me - trade in your old G4 Powermac to a Mini Mac.

I'm getting one!

:hmm: i wonder if they'd trade in an old mac powermac 7600! i still have system 7.5 on that! :laugh: i haven't used it in years since i got my pc.

Calvin N. Hobbes said:
If you do decide to pull the trigger on the mac mini make sure to upgrade the memory. It only comes with 256MB which I don't really think is enough juice.
no, it's not. i got the faster model. 1.42 ghz g4 processor. 80 gb hard drive, and i upgraded to 512 mb ram. my pc is about the same (it has a 1.7 ghz pentium 4 but iirc, mac and pc processors are measured differently?) and i can tell you honestly, mac's os is WAY more stable than windows xp. imo, i don't think windows has had a stable os since 3.x.

it's not crashed on me yet *knock wood* and my ex-husband has a mac as well. i asked him how many times it's crashed and he said about three times in 2.5 years. it's not crashed hard (like blue screen of death type crashing) ever. i can't count all the times my pc has crashed. and i'm not the type to leave 2000 programs running and download spyware. i ran spybot and something else (forgot its name already!) at least once a week so it wasn't spyware bogging my system down.

plus, panther is pretty. :love: although i may upgrade to tiger when it comes out. what was 10.2 again? it was jaguar, something, panther.

Back
Top Bottom