Mini Chevy's!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Very cool looking Cars!! Vote for the one you want!!!!
http://cars.ign.com/articles/778/778559p1.html

http://www.gm.com/company/gm_exp_live/events/newyork_2007/index_flash.html?navId=3.0.1.1

Chevrolet's Power Trio

Is this the hottest power trio to hit America since Rush?

by Justin Kaehler

April 5, 2007 - Good things always come in threes. Proof of this fact can be seen in the Canadian power trio Rush, the Pierce triplets from Texas and Chevrolet's new line-up of small cars. While we'll never have a chance to hang with Neil Peart, Erin, Kelly or Lindsey Pierce, there is a good chance that we'll get to spend some time with Chevrolet's Beat, Groove or Trax.

Chevy's Korean design studios in Inchon deigned these three minicars with the idea that they'll be sold on the world market. This world market now includes the U.S., meaning that there's a chance we'll once again see small 1-liter Chevys on American soil. Given the fact that all three of these vehicles look better than the unloved Geo Metro, there's a good chance that a production version of any of these cars will be successful with young, affluent urban hipsters. Neat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
chevrolets-power-trio-2007040406274.jpg

chevrolets-power-trio-2007040406-1.jpg

First up is the Chevrolet Beat - a minicar designed for the "tuner" crowd. This looks to be the most realized concept, as GM is releasing images of its high-tech interior along with a grip of beauty shots. Power comes from a turbocharged 1.2 liter inline four, and as if we need to say it, it's front-wheel drive. GM gave the Beat an automatic transmission; if the company is actually serious about using the Beat to go after the tuner crowd, a manual tranny is necessary. This thing may not have a manual box, but at least it has a nav system and premium stereo. Here's hoping that Honda doesn't sue GM for using the name "Beat"...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
chevrolets-power-trio-2007040406-2.jpg

Next up is the Groove, which Chevrolet painfully describes as a "funkstalgia-themed" vehicle that is "too tough to be cute". Excuse us... we just threw up in our mouths a little bit... Someone should tell Chevy to not let the writers of Pokemon ads to write about these cars... Anyway, back on subject, Chevy isn't giving too much info on this small cute-looking thing, but we do know that it's front wheel drive (surprise) and is powered by a 1-liter diesel engine.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
chevrolets-power-trio-2007040406-3.jpg

Last is the Trax - which is likely the first of the Chevy minicars that you've seen. GM let a small image of this car leak out a few days ago, but we can't understand why... The Beat is way cooler - but that's just our opinion. This looks like a baby SUV because it is a baby SUV. The Trax comes powered by a 1-liter gas engine mated to a low cost (Chevrolet's words) all wheel drive system.

Chevrolet knows that minicars aren't exactly big business in the U.S., so the company set up its www.vote4Chevrolet.com website. Users that visit this site can pick their favorite car, not only letting Chevrolet know which of the three minicars the people most want to see put into production, but it will help GM know whether or not there is an interest in these vehicles at all. So if you like 'em, head on over and click things a few times; we'd like to see GM bring one of these cars over to our market - particularly the Beat. When you're done voting, click on our Media Page for more images of all these pint-sized rides. Then do a Google search for the Pierce triplets while blasting "Tom Sawyer". Thank us later.
http://media.cars.ign.com/articles/778/778559/imgs_1.html

Oh my God, cars get uglier and uglier these days :(

Sorry, but I really don't like them.

Vincent Vega said:
Oh my God, cars get uglier and uglier these days :(

Sorry, but I really don't like them.

I don't know. European cars look better and better everyday compared to American cars. US car manufactuares need to start popping out those concept cars.

Depends. The Smart isn't good looking, and I'm not a friend of many of the French or Italian designs.

Egonometry might be good for gas consumption, but not for the look of the cars. :(

You can pretty much sum up all recent US car design in one word and one word only, whether it be sports/SUV/sedan/luxury/small/large/whatever: AGGRESSIVE.

Time to get a bit of style back.

I had a Chevy Aveo as a rental a few years ago while my car was having some major repairs done. It looked like a less futuristic version of that first one. I hated it. I felt like I was driving a red higtop Chuck Taylor! I couldn't figure out what I was more afraid of--getting rear-ended and having nothing there to protect me, or a bunch of clowns deciding they wanted to try to fit in the car while I was driving :uhoh:

$4/5 gas will make those cars more and more attractive.

Americans tie their car to the ego. The whole "my dick is bigger than your dick" attitude. That needs to stop. There's nothing more disgusting than a guy driving this to an office job:

ford_f150.jpg

Douche bag of the greatest order.

MrBrau1 said:
$4/5 gas will make those cars more and more attractive.

Americans tie their car to the ego. The whole "my dick is bigger than your dick" attitude. That needs to stop. There's nothing more disgusting than a guy driving this to an office job:

Douche bag of the greatest order.

:up:

Hummer-smart.jpg

Hmm... I wonder which one has the bigger penis? :hmm:

Earnie Shavers said:
Actually, the ugliest car I have ever, ever, ever seen is American: the Pontiac Aztec.

and lets not leave out the dodge nitro:yikes:

I'm glad the American car companies are leaning toward smaller more economical cars:up: lets get away from Hummer and stuff like that.

I :heart: my Vue:drool:

Dismantled said:

I have a Saturn, too, and I love it. It's 11 years old but gets really good gas mileage. It's relatively small for a four-door car, but I've always felt safe in it. I want my next car to be a Saturn Aura :drool:

2007_saturn_aura-783537.jpg

I just learned recently that they have a hybrid version, so I'll probably try to get one of those in the very, very distant future when my current car dies :wink:

BonoIsMyMuse said:

I have a Saturn, too, and I love it. It's 11 years old but gets really good gas mileage. It's relatively small for a four-door car, but I've always felt safe in it. I want my next car to be a Saturn Aura :drool:

2007_saturn_aura-783537.jpg

I just learned recently that they have a hybrid version, so I'll probably try to get one of those in the very, very distant future when my current car dies :wink:

Saturn love:heart:

I have sworn by mine for 4 years now, we get awful snow storms and they don't always get out there to plow...I feel totally safe on any road condition, plus the gas mileage is to die for:drool:

The Aura is great looking:up: we will buy another when this one goes..and that won't be in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom