Mind of Mencia VS Chapelle Show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
both their commercials make me want to throw the tv out the window. i've never watched mencia's show (if you couldn't figure it out, wanting to throw the tv out the window is a bad thing), but i've seen chappelle's show. i don't see why people think he's funny.

If anyone votes Mencia they've got a screw loose.

Chappelle by miles.

The commercial about sex with sisters Mencia did was so lame. I don't see how anyone could have had a laugh at that.

"Not YOU sisters. MYYYY sister"

Not fucking funny Carlos

i disagree with him, i think he's an idiot. but then again, many people might say the same about me for agreeing with palace hero.

i don't like you either, remember?

headache, you like chris rock, don't you?

i think Mencia is very race-oriented more so than Chapelle, because the only people I know who laugh at his show are other Mexicans, some of his stuff is funny because it hits home but the rest i could care less for, but dont worry hell probably be replaced by some other lame comedy show as well. Chapelle is funny in small doses, I must of fallen asleep watching the season dvds, his humor gets dumber and no longer laughable as time progresses.

in my opinion, both are mediocre comics, one of them being a lot trendier than the other.

Ive personally never found race comedy very funny, these two comedians only use that, and it gets very old. I wish Dane Cook, nick swardson, or (rip) mitch hedburg had a show, now thats funny stuff. Creative.

Of course, the real question ought to be Chapelle vs. D.L. Hughely with his new show 'Weekends on the DL' to which I would once again reply Chapelle, no contest.

Carek1230 said:
Dane Cook rocks! He's got a new cd coming out.

Is anyone in here an Eddie Izzard fan?

hell ya, he rocks, I always love a straight transvestite, why do you think I like Carlos so much

Palace_Hero said:
Ignore them. Just because the majority doesn't like me doesn't make them right.

And just because you pick the opposing side in every argument doesn't make you right, either. :|

IWasBored said:
i don't like you either, remember?

headache, you like chris rock, don't you?

chris rock is the funniest man in america right now. hands down. and :gasp: he makes jokes about race, too.

people who use the old "if i said that joke i'd be called a racist" line worry me...

yes... chappelle has skits that deal with race... the "niggar" family, the race drafts, the black whtie supremecist, etc. but most of his satires, muck like rock, have to deal with blacks themselves. jon stewart pokes fun at the jewish religion quite often on his show... is he an anti-semite? of COURSE not.

all great comics are those who are willing to take riks... push the envelope... be it george carlin, richard pryor, robin williams, eddie murphy, jerry seinfeld or chris rock. dave chappelle is no different.

the blind black white supremicist skit from his very first show is absolute comic genius. it's not just some guy throwing out simple stereotypes and pretending they're funny... i.e. howard stern. this is satire at it's absolute finest.

and as for the statement that the only thing he can do is make comments about race...

the tyrone biggums skits, the r.kelly skit, samuel jackson beer, charlie murphy's true hollywood stories, a day in the life of lil' jon, the internet skit, making the band, kneehigh park, the oprah's pregnant skit and the wayne brady skit... all have absolutely nothing to do with race, and all are insanely funny... and those are just the ones that i can remember off the top of my head.

to say that dave chapelle is a racist is absolutely rediculous.

truely great comedy is no different than any other art form... the great ones are the ones that take risks rather than just play it safe. thus why a tv show like friends is simply funny, while seinfeld is legendary comic genius. play it safe vs. take risks. jay leno... play it safe. david letterman... take risks. in other art forms- paul mccartney... play it safe. john lennon... take risks.

some people prefer the play it safe brand of humor. and frankly there's nothing wrong with that. i, for one, do not.

Last edited:
Yeah, what Headache said. I don't get tired of Chappelle, I've loved him for years.

the blind black white supremicist skit from his very first show is absolute comic genius.
I show this to everyone I get a chance too, they just die everytime. Never seen anything like it.

And this just needs to be stated again -
people who use the old "if i said that joke i'd be called a racist" line worry me...

DeadMansParty said:
Ive personally never found race comedy very funny, these two comedians only use that, and it gets very old. I wish Dane Cook, nick swardson, or (rip) mitch hedburg had a show, now thats funny stuff. Creative.

agreed:yes:

some people prefer the play it safe brand of humor. and frankly there's nothing wrong with that. i, for one, do not.

i wouldn't say i like "safe" humor and that's my problem. i just don't buy into what i see as an attempt at trying to shock me. and every time i see one of these guys on tv, they're telling the same stupid jokes over and over.

i dont buy the whole "taking risks" all too well, personally i enjoy bizarre humor and one that doesn't exactly "play it safe" but that doesnt mean i have to worship either chapelle or mencia or chris rock or george lopez, though i have had a good laugh from each of them. but when they keep in the same line of jokes and it all becomes extremely repetitive they need to stop "playing it safe" and start taking risks once again.

i guess i will have to stick to live stand up such as LA's Laugh Factory where not-yet-famous hilarious comedians do take risks cause they have no set-wide audience to lose.
"chocolate sunday", "asian invasion", "latino night" ahhhhhhhhh, great nights.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

chris rock is the funniest man in america right now. hands down. and :gasp: he makes jokes about race, too.

yes... chappelle has skits that deal with race... the "niggar" family, the race drafts, the black whtie supremecist, etc. but most of his satires, muck like rock, have to deal with blacks themselves. jon stewart pokes fun at the jewish religion quite often on his show... is he an anti-semite? of COURSE not.

all great comics are those who are willing to take riks... push the envelope... be it george carlin, richard pryor, robin williams, eddie murphy, jerry seinfeld or chris rock. dave chappelle is no different.

the blind black white supremicist skit from his very first show is absolute comic genius. it's not just some guy throwing out simple stereotypes and pretending they're funny... i.e. howard stern. this is satire at it's absolute finest.

and as for the statement that the only thing he can do is make comments about race...

the tyrone biggums skits, the r.kelly skit, samuel jackson beer, charlie murphy's true hollywood stories, a day in the life of lil' jon, the internet skit, making the band, kneehigh park, the oprah's pregnant skit and the wayne brady skit... all have absolutely nothing to do with race, and all are insanely funny... and those are just the ones that i can remember off the top of my head.

to say that dave chapelle is a racist is absolutely rediculous.

truely great comedy is no different than any other art form... the great ones are the ones that take risks rather than just play it safe. thus why a tv show like friends is simply funny, while seinfeld is legendary comic genius. play it safe vs. take risks. jay leno... play it safe. david letterman... take risks. in other art forms- paul mccartney... play it safe. john lennon... take risks.

Yeah but Chris Rock is funny, whereas Chappelle is mildy so, hence hes the racist of the two.

Like Billy Connnolly says, it isn't offensive if you can laugh at it, and I don't laugh at DC.

Back
Top Bottom