Mind of Mencia VS Chapelle Show? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2005, 07:50 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:29 PM
Chapelle. No contest.

Old 09-12-2005, 07:52 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Of course, the real question ought to be Chapelle vs. D.L. Hughely with his new show 'Weekends on the DL' to which I would once again reply Chapelle, no contest.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:38 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230
Dane Cook rocks! He's got a new cd coming out.

Is anyone in here an Eddie Izzard fan?
hell ya, he rocks, I always love a straight transvestite, why do you think I like Carlos so much
Old 09-13-2005, 02:39 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Old 09-13-2005, 02:59 AM   #20
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Quote:
Originally posted by DeadMansParty

hell ya, he rocks, I always love a straight transvestite, why do you think I like Carlos so much

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Now I get it! Hahahahaha

(you guys crack me up!)

bubbles, anyone?!!!

Cake or Death?
Old 09-13-2005, 06:31 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:29 AM
Old 09-13-2005, 10:57 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Palace_Hero
Ignore them. Just because the majority doesn't like me doesn't make them right.
And just because you pick the opposing side in every argument doesn't make you right, either.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:11 AM   #23
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored
i don't like you either, remember?

headache, you like chris rock, don't you?
chris rock is the funniest man in america right now. hands down. and :gasp: he makes jokes about race, too.

people who use the old "if i said that joke i'd be called a racist" line worry me...

yes... chappelle has skits that deal with race... the "niggar" family, the race drafts, the black whtie supremecist, etc. but most of his satires, muck like rock, have to deal with blacks themselves. jon stewart pokes fun at the jewish religion quite often on his show... is he an anti-semite? of COURSE not.

all great comics are those who are willing to take riks... push the envelope... be it george carlin, richard pryor, robin williams, eddie murphy, jerry seinfeld or chris rock. dave chappelle is no different.

the blind black white supremicist skit from his very first show is absolute comic genius. it's not just some guy throwing out simple stereotypes and pretending they're funny... i.e. howard stern. this is satire at it's absolute finest.

and as for the statement that the only thing he can do is make comments about race...

the tyrone biggums skits, the r.kelly skit, samuel jackson beer, charlie murphy's true hollywood stories, a day in the life of lil' jon, the internet skit, making the band, kneehigh park, the oprah's pregnant skit and the wayne brady skit... all have absolutely nothing to do with race, and all are insanely funny... and those are just the ones that i can remember off the top of my head.

to say that dave chapelle is a racist is absolutely rediculous.

truely great comedy is no different than any other art form... the great ones are the ones that take risks rather than just play it safe. thus why a tv show like friends is simply funny, while seinfeld is legendary comic genius. play it safe vs. take risks. jay leno... play it safe. david letterman... take risks. in other art forms- paul mccartney... play it safe. john lennon... take risks.

some people prefer the play it safe brand of humor. and frankly there's nothing wrong with that. i, for one, do not.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:10 PM   #24
War Child

Yeah, what Headache said. I don't get tired of Chappelle, I've loved him for years.

Quote:
the blind black white supremicist skit from his very first show is absolute comic genius.
I show this to everyone I get a chance too, they just die everytime. Never seen anything like it.

And this just needs to be stated again -
Quote:
people who use the old "if i said that joke i'd be called a racist" line worry me...
Old 09-13-2005, 06:42 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by DeadMansParty
Ive personally never found race comedy very funny, these two comedians only use that, and it gets very old. I wish Dane Cook, nick swardson, or (rip) mitch hedburg had a show, now thats funny stuff. Creative.
agreed
Old 09-13-2005, 07:09 PM   #26
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

some people prefer the play it safe brand of humor. and frankly there's nothing wrong with that. i, for one, do not.

i wouldn't say i like "safe" humor and that's my problem. i just don't buy into what i see as an attempt at trying to shock me. and every time i see one of these guys on tv, they're telling the same stupid jokes over and over.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:10 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

i dont buy the whole "taking risks" all too well, personally i enjoy bizarre humor and one that doesn't exactly "play it safe" but that doesnt mean i have to worship either chapelle or mencia or chris rock or george lopez, though i have had a good laugh from each of them. but when they keep in the same line of jokes and it all becomes extremely repetitive they need to stop "playing it safe" and start taking risks once again.

i guess i will have to stick to live stand up such as LA's Laugh Factory where not-yet-famous hilarious comedians do take risks cause they have no set-wide audience to lose.
"chocolate sunday", "asian invasion", "latino night" ahhhhhhhhh, great nights.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:38 PM   #28
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

samuel jackson beer

One of my all time favorite skits ever.

How's it taste motherfucka?
Old 09-13-2005, 11:04 PM   #29
Refugee
Note: Troll-like

Location: The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference. Interference Hotness Level: 3rd. Sex: Yes please.
Local Time: 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BluRmGrl

And just because you pick the opposing side in every argument doesn't make you right, either.
If I picked the opposing side I'd defend Mencia, silly. Now where's that box smilie?
Old 09-13-2005, 11:06 PM   #30
Refugee
Note: Troll-like

Location: The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference. Interference Hotness Level: 3rd. Sex: Yes please.
Local Time: 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

chris rock is the funniest man in america right now. hands down. and :gasp: he makes jokes about race, too.

yes... chappelle has skits that deal with race... the "niggar" family, the race drafts, the black whtie supremecist, etc. but most of his satires, muck like rock, have to deal with blacks themselves. jon stewart pokes fun at the jewish religion quite often on his show... is he an anti-semite? of COURSE not.

all great comics are those who are willing to take riks... push the envelope... be it george carlin, richard pryor, robin williams, eddie murphy, jerry seinfeld or chris rock. dave chappelle is no different.

the blind black white supremicist skit from his very first show is absolute comic genius. it's not just some guy throwing out simple stereotypes and pretending they're funny... i.e. howard stern. this is satire at it's absolute finest.

and as for the statement that the only thing he can do is make comments about race...

the tyrone biggums skits, the r.kelly skit, samuel jackson beer, charlie murphy's true hollywood stories, a day in the life of lil' jon, the internet skit, making the band, kneehigh park, the oprah's pregnant skit and the wayne brady skit... all have absolutely nothing to do with race, and all are insanely funny... and those are just the ones that i can remember off the top of my head.

to say that dave chapelle is a racist is absolutely rediculous.

truely great comedy is no different than any other art form... the great ones are the ones that take risks rather than just play it safe. thus why a tv show like friends is simply funny, while seinfeld is legendary comic genius. play it safe vs. take risks. jay leno... play it safe. david letterman... take risks. in other art forms- paul mccartney... play it safe. john lennon... take risks.

Yeah but Chris Rock is funny, whereas Chappelle is mildy so, hence hes the racist of the two.

Like Billy Connnolly says, it isn't offensive if you can laugh at it, and I don't laugh at DC.