Middle Intercourse Island superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

You didn't like BHAR? I liked most of it. Not all of it. But most of it.

I quite strongly dislike BHAR. Especially that godawful Supermassive Black Hole.

The songs that stand out to me:

Starlight: best on the album.
Invincible: shithouse on the album, but daaaamn it was great when I saw them live.

Knights Of Cydonia is even more overrated than One. It's like a big six minute intro to a 30 minute long prog classic, and then it just ends before doing anything and I feel unfulfilled. Having it as the closer is especially dumb.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: i suppose, but still. it was just so clichéd!! it was like "i'm gonna put on crash into me, let's make out." come on! put a little effort into it.

should i mention it wasn't until that moment i realised it was actually a date? the whole time before i thought he was gay :reject:

:lol: oh my .....

Actually, I'm not sure I've heard anything by Ryan Adams.

I've heard all the others Andrew listed. I sort of liked Echo And The Bunnymen to start with, but they got old ridiculously fast and now I just find them to be dull and uninspired dross. I can't comprehend people who think U2 ripped them off. Television, yes, but the Bunnymen, no.

Axver said:

I quite strongly dislike BHAR. Especially that godawful Supermassive Black Hole.

The songs that stand out to me:

Starlight: best on the album.
Invincible: shithouse on the album, but daaaamn it was great when I saw them live.

Knights Of Cydonia is even more overrated than One. It's like a big six minute intro to a 30 minute long prog classic, and then it just ends before doing anything and I feel unfulfilled. Having it as the closer is especially dumb.

:lol: I used Supermassive Black Hole in my playlist.

the tourist said:

:lol: It was the only shit song when I saw Muse live. Everything else was awesome. Those guys know how to rock the fuck out live.

the tourist said:

It's okay. So are you. :wink:

I listen to them when I want a good laugh. Hysteria is a pretty OK song.

The rest of the time they're like a band trying to cover Queen and Radiohead at the same time...and trying WAAAAAAAY too hard at that.

mysterious_jen said:
:lol: oh my .....
it wasn't my fault! he was incredibly preppy looking, a theatre major, and he told me his favourite music was radiohead and showtunes. before we went on our date or whatever, i saw him act in a cabaret where him and some other people did an act (the sweet transvestite bit) from rocky horror.

what would you think??

Axver said:
Actually, I'm not sure I've heard anything by Ryan Adams.

I've heard all the others Andrew listed. I sort of liked Echo And The Bunnymen to start with, but they got old ridiculously fast and now I just find them to be dull and uninspired dross. I can't comprehend people who think U2 ripped them off. Television, yes, but the Bunnymen, no.

A lot of those bands I've only heard 1 song by.

LemonMelon said:

I listen to them when I want a good laugh. Hysteria is a pretty OK song.

The rest of the time they're like a band trying to cover Queen and Radiohead at the same time...and trying WAAAAAAAY too hard at that.

I like them better than I like Radiohead. They seem to accomplish what Radiohead's only managed to accomplish on OK Computer.

KhanadaRhodes said:

actually...love is hard. and love is tough. but love is not what you're thinking of :tongue:

3rd most overrated U2 song on this site....

Bah. Let It Be is The Beatles most overrated song IMO. Bono212 slipped into last place on my ranking of the first group of DI.

the tourist said:

I like them better than I like Radiohead. They seem to accomplish what Radiohead's only managed to accomplish on OK Computer.

You could do much worse than cover OK Computer with every album, but yeah...every album is the same pretty much. I've heard they're going for a more electronic sound this time out. Muse covering Kid A :no:

the tourist said:
down.gif

the tourist said:
:up:

BHAR has been doing heavy rotation in my car lately (along with OK Computer)... it is awesome driving music (especially in that massive thunderstorm we had on Easter Monday).

Mmm, bracket (abuse).

Also, Hi everyone! :wave:

LemonMelon said:

You could do much worse than cover OK Computer with every album, but yeah...every album is the same pretty much. I've heard they're going for a more electronic sound this time out. Muse covering Kid A :no:

I'm guessing Muse doing electronic will be more like Supermassive Black Hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom