Middle Intercourse Island superthread - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2008, 10:57 AM   #556
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Huh, that's really cool.

Did you see that I enjoyed the Bowie song Screwtape used?
I did. I'm going to download some of that album that Screwtape sent me.

I'm going to try to send you the rest of Station to Station since you liked the title track. Probably later today after I work.

For you, tomorrow morning, that is.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:58 AM   #557
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
The Cure song is very nice.
That song and Collapse The Light Into Earth are the two I played over and over when my grandfather died in February. Untitled much moreso than Collapse The Light Into Earth. For whatever reason, Untitled fit how I felt and I latched onto it.

The cover is a photo I took of the sunset on the day Grandpa died. I was listening to Untitled when I took that photo too.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-06-2008, 10:59 AM   #558
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Alright, my final review of Axver's playlist:

It's very good. Despite the metal not being my taste, really on a few songs turned me off, and they did fit well. The flow is great, most of the song choices are good, there's atmosphere, there's theme, there's a concept. It's a complete playlist.

Axver: A-
LemonMelon: B
Screwtape: B
LMP: C
Wow, thanks. I expected you to like it a lot less than that. Maybe I do have a hope of receiving a few votes after all!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-06-2008, 11:00 AM   #559
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I did. I'm going to download some of that album that Screwtape sent me.

I'm going to try to send you the rest of Station to Station since you liked the title track. Probably later today after I work.

For you, tomorrow morning, that is.
Cool, thanks. I should be heading off to bed soon anyway. It's 1am.

Shit, I should write some of my essay before I sleep too. Bleeeehhhh.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-06-2008, 11:07 AM   #560
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I've made 181.

You've made 446.
Huh, unless my 1am maths is grossly off, you actually create more threads per 1,000 posts than I do.

By the way, totally random question. Why the 26 in your screen name?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-06-2008, 11:21 AM   #561
Vocal parasite

PFan, check your e-mails. I just sent you something.

And folks, you may be interested to note that my site is no longer U2VT. We've moved on. We're now U2gigs. We wanted a new URL not dependent on the current tour name. My only qualm is that it lacks a convenient abbreviation! It'll take a while to break my habit of referring to it as U2VT.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-06-2008, 11:22 AM   #562
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:33 AM
I got caught up looking at Faiyum mummy portraits by accident, and now it's nearly 1am and I still have a cold. Probably time I should head off to bed.

Have a good one, guys.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #563
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
I got caught up looking at Faiyum mummy portraits by accident, and now it's nearly 1am and I still have a cold. Probably time I should head off to bed.

Have a good one, guys.
Ooh, that's pretty neat. But I better not get caught up in that myself as I should do some bloody work before bed,. Wow, today's been a total write-off. Well done, Axver.

Have a good one, Bonnie!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-06-2008, 11:31 AM   #564
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Huh, unless my 1am maths is grossly off, you actually create more threads per 1,000 posts than I do.

By the way, totally random question. Why the 26 in your screen name?
Chase Utley is my favorite player on the Philadelphia Phillies (the local baseball team). His jersey number is 26. That's him in my avatar.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:33 AM   #565
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
PFan, check your e-mails. I just sent you something.

And folks, you may be interested to note that my site is no longer U2VT. We've moved on. We're now U2gigs. We wanted a new URL not dependent on the current tour name. My only qualm is that it lacks a convenient abbreviation! It'll take a while to break my habit of referring to it as U2VT.
Got it and replied.

U2gigs.com is it then?
Old 04-06-2008, 11:43 AM   #566
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Chase Utley is my favorite player on the Philadelphia Phillies (the local baseball team). His jersey number is 26. That's him in my avatar.
I expected as much.

Though they really couldn't come up with anything better than Philadelphia Phillies?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-06-2008, 11:45 AM   #567
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Got it and replied.

U2gigs.com is it then?
Yep (I believe we have U2gigs.net and U2gigs.org too, redirecting to U2gigs.com). All the old U2VT links redirect to their appropriate U2gigs location.

No other change at this stage. We've spoken of redesigning the site a little, especially as I feel some features need to be made more prominent on the homepage, but that would require plenty of effort, mostly on Matthias's behalf, so I don't know if we're going to do that.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #568
Blue Crack Supplier

Apparently not.

I just call them the Fightin's usually.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:47 AM   #569
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Yep (I believe we have U2gigs.net and U2gigs.org too, redirecting to U2gigs.com). All the old U2VT links redirect to their appropriate U2gigs location.

No other change at this stage. We've spoken of redesigning the site a little, especially as I feel some features need to be made more prominent on the homepage, but that would require plenty of effort, mostly on Matthias's behalf, so I don't know if we're going to do that.
How do you guys pay for the domains?
Old 04-06-2008, 11:53 AM   #570
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Apparently not.

I just call them the Fightin's usually.
Just to have a stab at Ian, it's not as bad as the NZed rugby league team, the New Zealand Kiwis. COME ON.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread