Middle Intercourse Island superthread - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2008, 07:16 AM   #466
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

I wish I could downgrade... I used to prefer AIM to MSN too, but AIM 6 sucks, and most of the people I chat to now are on MSN and/or Google talk anyway...

Smiley showers?? WTF, people??
I took one look at a screenshot of AIM 6 and there was no way I was upgrading. My AIM is version 5.9, and it has a cracked version of DeadAIM so that I get tabbed windows. It's Firefoxtastic.

Smiley showers? I've no idea what that is, but it doesn't sound good at all.

And I'm told Google Talk rules all, so I'll give it a try someday.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-06-2008, 07:16 AM   #467
Blue Crack Supplier

Oops, sorry... Hi Bonnie! How's SA today?

Old 04-06-2008, 07:19 AM   #468
Vocal parasite

Quote:
It was awesome... the guy I was talking to is doing a PhD and lecturing at LaTrobe, and has spent the last couple of weeks doing experiments at the Synchrotron ... ! I never did physics at school so I don't know much about it (except through Michael Chrichton books), but it was great fun.
Ooh, cool. Certainly sounds well beyond me though - I haven't done a thing in the sciences since the end of grade nine! I've always been a Humanities guy.

Speaking of LaTrobe, thanks to the Melbourne Model putting my favourite lecturer out of a job, he's now at LaTrobe.

Quote:
Note: Try not to use the sunscreens that boast of "ultrafine particles" or something...
There's no legislation for nano stuff but companies are researching it and making products with it and selling them. No one knows what could happen if all those nano particles that get absorbed wind up lodged in your brain or something.
That sounds really unpleasant. I'll avoid that!

What shits me is that apparently no sunblock is advertised as being beyond SPF 30 now. But I need SPF 45 or 50!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-06-2008, 07:21 AM   #469
Vocal parasite

So, back to my running commentary on Screwtape's tracklist.

The second disc is very good, it probably does a better job of creating and sustaining atmosphere than the first disc. It suits its title, The Arctic Circle. Thing is, I just don't enjoy the music as much as the first disc! I'm just finishing Always Forever Now, and it's one of only three songs so far that I've seriously liked, along with Plainsong and Heroine.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-06-2008, 07:24 AM   #470
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Smiley showers? I've no idea what that is, but it doesn't sound good at all.

And I'm told Google Talk rules all, so I'll give it a try someday.
Thank god you can turn the smiley showers off.

My only gripe with Google Talk (as an IM program - I prefer it to Skype for internet phone calls) is that there's no multi-person chat feature... that I'm aware of, anyway.

Wow, just saw an ad for U23D on TV! "Most acclaimed concert film of all time"...? Well, I guess it got better reviews than R&H

Wow, if they're splashing out on ads to actually promote this thing, the run might last longer than a fortnight...
Old 04-06-2008, 07:29 AM   #471
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Ooh, cool. Certainly sounds well beyond me though - I haven't done a thing in the sciences since the end of grade nine! I've always been a Humanities guy.

Speaking of LaTrobe, thanks to the Melbourne Model putting my favourite lecturer out of a job, he's now at LaTrobe.

What shits me is that apparently no sunblock is advertised as being beyond SPF 30 now. But I need SPF 45 or 50!
Does it help to put SPF 30 on twice?

That's a bugger about your lecturer.

You probably would have enjoyed the part of the conversation after we moved to the fire (I wanted to replace the cigarette smoke in my hair and clothes with wood smoke) and three of us started talking about the ethics of inventing things (and possibly withholding them on moral grounds)... which moved on to how people think and whether that's changed very much over time (it hasn't, fundamentally).

I think I will have to leave you with Screwtape's playlist... are you writing all this in his thread, at least?
Old 04-06-2008, 07:29 AM   #472
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Thank god you can turn the smiley showers off.

My only gripe with Google Talk (as an IM program - I prefer it to Skype for internet phone calls) is that there's no multi-person chat feature... that I'm aware of, anyway.
I don't think I've participated in a multi-person chat in years, so that wouldn't be too much of an issue for me. How is Google Talk better than Skype for Internet phone calls? The only time I've had trouble with Skype is calling New Zealand - audio quality has been crap in those cases.

Quote:
Wow, just saw an ad for U23D on TV! "Most acclaimed concert film of all time"...? Well, I guess it got better reviews than R&H

Wow, if they're splashing out on ads to actually promote this thing, the run might last longer than a fortnight...
Clearly they haven't heard of Hannah Montana!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-06-2008, 07:31 AM   #473
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:21 AM
ok i finally got off my arse and had a look at dessert island, the only one i would even bother with so far is pfan's.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:31 AM   #474
Blue Crack Addict

I still have a cold, but it's not quite as bad as it was yesterday. Slept in til 3, had spinach and cheese pide for dinner, and have been playing an old Midway arcade game called Root Beer Tapper to pass the time away.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:32 AM   #475
Blue Crack Addict

the rolling stones movie that has just come out is supposed to be pretty good, and is getting lots of advertising.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:32 AM   #476
Blue Crack Addict

Ali, SA is SA. The showdown is on (the most boring game in all of AFL!) and I've been inside basically all day. Hopefully I can make it to TAFE tomorrow. Except I've got heaps of shit due this week... perhaps I can prolong this illness.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:32 AM   #477
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Does it help to put SPF 30 on twice?
I just apply it a bit more frequently. As it is, I'm pretty bad with putting on sunblock. I hate the bloody stuff. I suppose when you need to use it as much as I do, you'll either get used to it or grow to hate it. The latter's happened to me! Damn albinism.

Quote:
You probably would have enjoyed the part of the conversation after we moved to the fire (I wanted to replace the cigarette smoke in my hair and clothes with wood smoke) and three of us started talking about the ethics of inventing things (and possibly withholding them on moral grounds)... which moved on to how people think and whether that's changed very much over time (it hasn't, fundamentally).

I think I will have to leave you with Screwtape's playlist... are you writing all this in his thread, at least?
Ooh, yeah, that would have been pretty interesting, for sure. :uo:

His thread? I'm just going by the usual philosophy of late, of jotting down thoughts in the postwhorehouse and expecting the person to come back to it.

I plan to link him to where I started.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-06-2008, 07:34 AM   #478
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
ok i finally got off my arse and had a look at dessert island, the only one i would even bother with so far is pfan's.
His was alright; when I listened to it earlier, I found it a bit better to what I expected. I forgot to award it a letter grade when I reviewed it. I think I'll give him a B-. Screwtape ... I'm tossing between A or A-.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-06-2008, 07:35 AM   #479
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
the rolling stones movie that has just come out is supposed to be pretty good, and is getting lots of advertising.
I see one big problem here: it's the Rolling Stones.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-06-2008, 07:37 AM   #480
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I see one big problem here: it's the Rolling Stones.

i dont mind the stones, but not at the age they are now dammit !

Tags
superthread