Middle Intercourse Island superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:

Errands. I've returned.

I don't think I'm up for another DI playlist. I need a bit of a break, methinks.

Ahh, I see. You're wanting to listen to the Bowie album you just got. I see how it is. :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:up: not bad. i'm trying to find where i've posted my list before, and all i can find is where i've posted my top 15 U2 songs. ugh.

:lol: My ranking currently is based not only on the songs, but on the production of those songs.

the tourist said:
The Joshua Tree
The Unforgettable Fire
War
Boy
Achtung Baby
October
Pop
Rattle & Hum (would be higher if just counting studio songs)
How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Zooropa
All That You Can't Leave Behind
Passengers

The Joshua Tree
The Unforgettable Fire
Boy
War
Achtung Baby
October
Passengers: Original Soundtracks No. 1
Rattle and Hum (would be between Boy and War if just studio songs)
Pop
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Zooropa
All That You Can't Leave Behind

the tourist said:

Ahh, I see. You're wanting to listen to the Bowie album you just got. I see how it is. :wink:

I also bought Explosions in the Sky's Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever.

phillyfan26 said:

I also bought Explosions in the Sky's Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever.

Gotcha. And I understand. I took a break last night and listened to Pedro the Lion.

Yeah, I ran through Screwtape's and Axver's playlists in two consecutive days. They're exhaustive listens.

the tourist said:
:lol: My ranking currently is based not only on the songs, but on the production of those songs.
i'm just too lazy to think of the ranking again. but here goes..

1. achtung baby
2. unforgettable fire
3. pop
4. the joshua tree
5. zooropa
6. boy
7. october
8. passengers
9. war
10. rattle and hum
11. htdaab
12. atyclb

I used to like Achtung Baby a lot more until I heard the songs performed live and realized how shit the production is. How much it muddled the actual performance. I like it less and less everyday.

phillyfan26 said:
I used to like Achtung Baby a lot more until I heard the songs performed live and realized how shit the production is. How much it muddled the actual performance. I like it less and less everyday.

:up: and Zooropa's just as bad.

So, for the baseball fans in here, Felix Hernandez is 8 innings into a shutout today. If he completes the shutout, that'll be 16 innings with no earned runs for him beginning the season. :up:

The defenders of U2 in that "relationship with the fans" thread are fucking morons.

I'm giving Black Holes And Revelations a more serious listen right now.

Take A Bow has always sounded pretty awesome to me.

LemonMelon said:
I'm giving Black Holes And Revelations a more serious listen right now.

Take A Bow has always sounded pretty awesome to me.

It's not as good as Absolution, but it's a good album.

the tourist said:

It's not as good as Absolution, but it's a good album.

The first three tracks are all great, but it gets inconsistent after that. Invincible makes my skin crawl.

LemonMelon said:

The first three tracks are all great, but it gets inconsistent after that. Invincible makes my skin crawl.

The middle is really inconsistent. I like Exo-Politics, though.

KhanadaRhodes said:
you guys are talking about muse, right? i've only heard a couple of their songs. i can't decide if i'd like them or not.

Yeah, we are. I have Absolution, and have listened through BHAR. But that's pretty much it. I also like Citizen Erased.

I think I may like BHAR more than Absolution. The lyrics on that album are simply too ridiculous and sci-fi for me. It's like a bad star trek script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom