Middle Intercourse Island superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:

poster88377765sq2.jpg

(c) bono

:lol:

I actually have a count of how many times Bono has snippeted various bands. No other band has had even half the amount of songs snippeted as the Beatles. It's ridiculous. Now, some of them are quite good snippets, like Norwegian Wood in Bad, but still! Bono, OTHER MUSIC EXISTS.

The Sad Punk said:
Bono should snippet Vapour Trail during Bad.

Just a sudden thought about music I like more than the Beatles. :drool:

A THOUSAND TIMES YES.

Personally, I want him to snippet Split Enz/Crowded House DURING A SONG THAT IS NOT ELEVATION. He should've at least done something like Beautiful Day / Don't Dream It's Over (snippet) / Weather With You (snippet).

Axver said:

A THOUSAND TIMES YES.

Personally, I want him to snippet Split Enz/Crowded House DURING A SONG THAT IS NOT ELEVATION. He should've at least done something like Beautiful Day / Don't Dream It's Over (snippet) / Weather With You (snippet).

I'd like to hear World Where You Live during one of the warhorses, one that they keep next tour. Great chorus in that one.

The Ride idea is quite a good one, non? A gander at this: "First you look so strong, then you fade away, the sun will blind my eyes, I love you anyway... so fade, fade away!". He might even hit the high C!

unico said:
oh don't worry, there will be more fun times ahead. mr. absolut is still on the nightstand.

:lol: I look forward to more passing out in the postwhorehouse.

The Sad Punk said:

I'd like to hear World Where You Live during one of the warhorses, one that they keep next tour. Great chorus in that one.

The Ride idea is quite a good one, non? A gander at this: "First you look so strong, then you fade away, the sun will blind my eyes, I love you anyway... so fade, fade away!". He might even hit the high C!

Hell yes. What baffles me is why Bono did Four Seasons In One Day in Elevation. I Got You made sense, but Four Seasons really belongs in a Bad-like song. If they ever did Promenade live, a Four Seasons snippet would be absolutely essential.

That sounds awesome, but Bonnie, I fear you've sounded the Peterrrrr alarm! :lol:

Speaking of which, I was going to see if straight absinthe had any cold-healing properties tonight, though I was planning to go to bed soon. Perhaps some of the green fairy will take me there sooner, though. :hmm:

Axver said:
That sounds awesome, but Bonnie, I fear you've sounded the Peterrrrr alarm! :lol:

You think so? :wink:

I wonder what he'd make of it...

Peterrrrr: Bono snippet Vapour Trial lyric and does great jog on the Sun note
Rob33: whats vapor trial peterrr? is that a new poem by the bman??
Peterrr: Yes I belive so :)

The Sad Punk said:
Speaking of which, I was going to see if straight absinthe had any cold-healing properties tonight, though I was planning to go to bed soon. Perhaps some of the green fairy will take me there sooner, though. :hmm:

In my ignorance, all I know about absinthe is that it's some strong shit.

The Sad Punk said:

You think so? :wink:

I wonder what he'd make of it...

Peterrrrr: Bono snippet Vapour Trial lyric and does great jog on the Sun note
Rob33: whats vapor trial peterrr? is that a new poem by the bman??
Peterrr: Yes I belive so :)

:lmao:

Saddo: It's a song by Ride, a shoegazer band.
Rob33: shoegazer??? :huh:
Axver: Saddo's right. Shoegazing is a genre of music, just look it up on Wikipedia.
mofo82: Why do senior members of this forum keep lying to us? Shoegazer? Do you really expect any of us to believe that? Stop pulling tricks on the forum. It's not funny. You should all be banned.

Axver said:

In my ignorance, all I know about absinthe is that it's some strong shit.

Pretty much all you need to know. It supposedly has hallucinogenic qualities due to some ingredients (wormword, thujone chemical). That's exaggerated plenty, but it does give a rather unique intoxication experience. The stuff I have is 70%/140 proof. The first time I ever drank absinthe, I thought I'd never get a cold again, such was the strength as it went down my throat! Actually, I wasn't even sure if I still had a throat. It's probably my favourite of the anise drinks - Ouzo straight out gives me headaches, sambucca is tasty and readily available, although a little on the girly side, but nobody messes with you when you're sipping absinthe. That's 100% Parisian bohemia.

Last edited:
The Sad Punk said:

Pretty much all you need to know. It supposedly has hallucinogenic qualities due to some ingredients (wormword, thujone chemical). That's exaggerated plenty, but it does give a rather unique intoxication experience. The stuff I have is 70%/140 proof. The first time I ever drank absinthe, I thought I'd never get a cold again, such was the strength as it went down my throat! Actually, I wasn't even sure if I still had a throat. It's probably my favourite of the anise drinks - Ouzo straight out gives me headaches, sambucca is tasty and readily available, although a little on the girly side, but nobody messes with you when you're sipping absinthe. That's 100% Parisian bohemia.

Sounds ... interesting. Very interesting. I can't decide if I want to try it or not. :lol:

Axver said:

Sounds ... interesting. Very interesting. I can't decide if I want to try it or not. :lol:

It's also still illegal in some countries, due to absinthe drinkers having a violent reputation in the late 19th/early 20th centuries. Just as it's increasingly difficult to get maggots in tequila or mezcal today, the amount of thujone is limited in certain countries.

Worth a try, but if you've never tried straight spirits before, or only in small amounts, it might put you off for good. :lol: It's usually drank in a traditional manner involving sugar cubes, but generally you'll only get served a shot of it at most pubs. I advise to drink it slow, but no matter how quickly, you're still going to feel it.

The Sad Punk said:
It's also still illegal in some countries, due to absinthe drinkers having a violent reputation in the late 19th/early 20th centuries. Just as it's increasingly difficult to get maggots in tequila or mezcal today, the amount of thujone is limited in certain countries.

Worth a try, but if you've never tried straight spirits before, or only in small amounts, it might put you off for good. :lol: It's usually drank in a traditional manner involving sugar cubes, but generally you'll only get served a shot of it at most pubs. I advise to drink it slow, but no matter how quickly, you're still going to feel it.

Oh, yeah, that's the other thing I've heard about absinthe, its illegality. Certainly gives it a mystique. And, uh, "maggots in tequila or mezcal"?!

Due to my considerable inexperience with alcohol beyond wine, I think I should ease myself into spirits!

In fact, if I remember in a past thread, we delegated you with the task of introducing me to good non-wine alcohol when you make your way to Melbourne. I can return the favour if we can find somewhere that has good Kiwi wine. Not that I expect to find any Ata Rangi pinot noir here. :sad:

Listening to the end of Axver's list now.

Five minutes in, The Very Last Day is very good.

phillyfan26 said:
Listening to the end of Axver's list now.

Five minutes in, The Very Last Day is very good.

Yeah, after you said you liked Suicide By Star, I knew you'd enjoy that one.

I used Fire In The Mountain by Long Distance Calling in the Symphonic Island game. It's my favourite song by them, just ahead of The Very Last Day.

I love the DMNSTRTN EP, but their album Satellite Bay was a big letdown. The DMNSTRTN songs are re-recorded and aren't as good.

phillyfan26 said:
So, yeah, I think your list only has three kill-songs: 19, 21, 23.

And 7?

I expect 16-17 to lose people purely because it's a long instrumental stretch.

23, incidentally, is I think the most important song there. As I advised, pay attention at the very, very end. The conclusion of the sample is central to my entire playlist.

Didn't really understand the point of the global warming things, I think a full instrumental would have been better. Still good, though.

Axver said:

And 7?

I expect 16-17 to lose people purely because it's a long instrumental stretch.

23, incidentally, is I think the most important song there. As I advised, pay attention at the very, very end. The conclusion of the sample is central to my entire playlist.

I'm 3:30 into it now, I'll look out for it.

On 19 and 23, I don't mind the music. It's the growling.

21 I really didn't like at all, though.

phillyfan26 said:
Didn't really understand the point of the global warming things, I think a full instrumental would have been better. Still good, though.

I think it at least works with my concept. Think of it metaphorically, of the world being drowned to the person lost in mental oblivion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom