Middle Intercourse Island superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mysterious_jen said:

get there by 9 and rock out to the australian u2 show in the bar !

Righto. We're not meeting up for dinner or anything beforehand?

mysterious_jen said:
get there by 9 and rock out to the australian u2 show in the bar !
I was thinking of heading over there after I finish work (6pm), picking up the tickets, and having dinner around there with anyone who might be about.

Axver said:

Righto. We're not meeting up for dinner or anything beforehand?

possibly could get there early enough for eats, depends on how lost i get, traffic and so on ,
leaving geelong at 630, has to pick up danny at werribee about 7 something , so im sure we could be there in time for some food .. anywhere decent near by ?

mysterious_jen said:

possibly could get there early enough for eats, depends on how lost i get, traffic and so on ,
leaving geelong at 630, has to pick up danny at werribee about 7 something , so im sure we could be there in time for some food .. anywhere decent near by ?

The Imax is only a couple of blocks from Lygon Street. :up:

Alisaura said:

I was thinking of heading over there after I finish work (6pm), picking up the tickets, and having dinner around there with anyone who might be about.

I can be there pretty much any time. I've no uni on Wednesday, and although I'm going in to the Royal Historical Society, that'll be lunchtime/early afternoon.

Dead thread? I'm about to listen to Screwtape's Desert Island tracklist, so I'll keep a running commentary of it here.

Also, Screwtape, the Porcupine Tree song is called The Moon Touches Your Shoulder.

Alisaura said:
*downloads the 26/12/89 show*

:whistle:

I still haven't listened to half the boots on my comp... :reject:

Great show. Really, all four Dublin ones are quite worth it, since they're soundboard. Also, if you don't have 10 January 1990, Rotterdam, get it - it's one of the best audience boots from Lovetown.

I've only listened to a shitload thanks to U2VT.

Axver said:

Hey Kim! :wave:

I feel like I haven't seen you around in ages.

Hey! I know, I've been hellishly busy the last few days and then spent the weekend at the beach :love:

How's Middle Intercourse? Fast or slow??? :evil:

So, Screwtape starts with Pink Floyd's Shine On You Crazy Diamond Parts I-V. One of my favourite songs of all time, and an absolutely amazing opener.

I remember the first time I heard this. It was September 2003 and we were driving all the way from the Gold Coast to Melbourne. It was my first visit to Melbourne; we were seeing Brisbane vs Collingwood in the AFL grand final as Mum and Alan are big Lions fans. So we got an early start as we planned to do the drive in a single day. I half-slept in the back seat, and as we were cruising through northern NSW, Alan put on some Pink Floyd, the Pulse live album that opens with SOYCD. The sun was just dawning, and this song sounded incredible. I've been a fan ever since.

gluey said:

Hey! I know, I've been hellishly busy the last few days and then spent the weekend at the beach :love:

How's Middle Intercourse? Fast or slow??? :evil:

Am I the only person on earth who doesn't like the beach? Maybe other albinos don't ...

And being Middle Intercourse, I'd guess it's in the middle between fast and slow. :wink:

Actually, for the first 350 posts or so, this was a really fast thread, it was good.

Axver said:

Am I the only person on earth who doesn't like the beach? Maybe other albinos don't ...

And being Middle Intercourse, I'd guess it's in the middle between fast and slow. :wink:

Actually, for the first 350 posts or so, this was a really fast thread, it was good.

:tsk: You don't like the beach? It's the wild west coast....I love how rugged it is....so 'cleansing' just to walk along......

Ooh so I missed the fast intercourse? :(

Wait, WTF, Screwtape? What the hell weird SOYCD is this? It's more than just Parts I-V! It's going into VI. My copy of I-V on WYWH is only 13:40 long. Yours is 17:34.

:huh:

(Bloody hope he reads back to see my commentary.)

gluey said:

:tsk: You don't like the beach? It's the wild west coast....I love how rugged it is....so 'cleansing' just to walk along......

Ooh so I missed the fast intercourse? :(

Depends. I mean, I like coastal areas, especially rugged and isolated ones. But just going to the beach in Melbourne or the Gold Coast or whatever is pretty fucking boring and a recipe to get sunburnt.

And yes, you should've been here about three hours ago; Intercourse was pretty fast then. :wink:

Axver said:
Great show. Really, all four Dublin ones are quite worth it, since they're soundboard. Also, if you don't have 10 January 1990, Rotterdam, get it - it's one of the best audience boots from Lovetown.

I've only listened to a shitload thanks to U2VT.
10/1/90 is on my list :wink:

GLUEY!!! :hug: How are you?

Axver said:
And yes, you should've been here about three hours ago; Intercourse was pretty fast then. :wink:
And everyone got worn out and went to bed :(

I think Jen picked up some nasty virus too... :yikes:

We went past this gorgeous little beach yesterday, looking for leafy sea dragons... all I know is it's somewhere between Sorrento and Portsea, and there were some expensive-looking houses nearby!

Alisaura said:

And everyone got worn out and went to bed :(

I think Jen picked up some nasty virus too... :yikes:

:lmao:

We went past this gorgeous little beach yesterday, looking for leafy sea dragons... all I know is it's somewhere between Sorrento and Portsea, and there were some expensive-looking houses nearby!

When I was in New Zealand last year, I visited some really lovely seaside towns outside Nelson on the western side of Tasman Bay, and it just amazed me that even in the little isolated places a long way from anywhere, there were these huge, expensive, glamorous houses.

People probably only live in them for a fortnight a year too ...

gluey said:
I hate the 'touristy' beaches where all of Joe Public go....:yuck:

Ugh, yes. Living on the Gold Coast has probably ruined my impression of beaches a bit. Surfer's Paradise has got to be one of the worst places in all of Australia.

Well, I got a phone call, so that interrupted listening to Screwtape's playlist, but I know the first two songs extremely well so it doesn't hurt too much, and I at least got to hear the segue from SOYCD to The Moon Touches Your Shoulder, which works really well, just as I expected.

This is so atmospheric and beautiful. :drool:

Axver said:
When I was in New Zealand last year, I visited some really lovely seaside towns outside Nelson on the western side of Tasman Bay, and it just amazed me that even in the little isolated places a long way from anywhere, there were these huge, expensive, glamorous houses.

People probably only live in them for a fortnight a year too ...
Such a waste... :tsk:

I'm so used to hearing Prepare Yourself after The Moon Touches Your Shoulder that going into The Police's Secret Journey feels jarring, even though the segue flows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom