Microsoft Word Help - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-03-2005, 10:38 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 11:54 AM
Great. Couple of questions:

1. Did you get the resume to format correctly?

2. What exactly are you looking to do in the music/entertainment biz?

3. Where are you located? (This is actually a strategic question - not some cheesy pickup line )


4. Seriously, if you want help on your resume, I would be glad to help. I understand that is a little personal and weird - but if you changed your name and contact info we could get around that.

I'm here to help.
__________________

__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 06-03-2005, 11:55 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 10:54 AM
Hehe, this thread reminds me of the other day when my bf found this great job and it took him, me his mom, and his dad to write the cover letter. He better get the job!
__________________

__________________
Liesje is offline  
Old 06-03-2005, 11:59 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
Hehe, this thread reminds me of the other day when my bf found this great job and it took him, me his mom, and his dad to write the cover letter. He better get the job!

Writing a good resume and cover letter is harder than people like to admit. I often hire people INSPITE of their resume.....
__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 06-03-2005, 12:06 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton

Writing a good resume and cover letter is harder than people like to admit. I often hire people INSPITE of their resume.....
Yeah, it was for a Student Life position here at Calvin, just a temporary thing, which is great b/c he wants a new job, but can't commit for more than a year and a half. Anyway, I was the grammar Nazi and she-who-has-taken-classes-on-business-writing, his dad thought of some good wording (but nothing that's not Phil's personality), and his mom helped get the "spiritual" part right (Chrisitan college...student life...you know).

The resume we did with a Word wizard and I check the formatting and consistency in his wording and I think it came out great, especially since he's a perfect candidate for the job regardless of his resume/cover letter.

Anyway...
__________________
Liesje is offline  
Old 06-03-2005, 12:06 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life
 
one4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bono's Sleeves
Posts: 12,540
Local Time: 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton
Great. Couple of questions:

1. Did you get the resume to format correctly?

2. What exactly are you looking to do in the music/entertainment biz?

3. Where are you located? (This is actually a strategic question - not some cheesy pickup line )


4. Seriously, if you want help on your resume, I would be glad to help. I understand that is a little personal and weird - but if you changed your name and contact info we could get around that.

I'm here to help.
I sent the resume to my friend, I'm waiting to see if she can fix it.

I would be interested in learning/working within the major label functions or the marketing sales aspect, I'm not too sure yet. Even Spin or Rolling Stone mag would be great.

I'm in New York
__________________
one4u2 is offline  
Old 06-03-2005, 01:14 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life
 
one4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bono's Sleeves
Posts: 12,540
Local Time: 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton



I'm here to help.

I sent you my cover letter to start, it took me about 2 days to do...Subject line is cover letter I'd love an outside opinion.
__________________
one4u2 is offline  
Old 06-05-2005, 01:24 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life
 
one4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bono's Sleeves
Posts: 12,540
Local Time: 10:54 AM
for Dalton...

__________________

__________________
one4u2 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com