Mick Thomas ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rono

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I did see Mick Thomas yesterday as support act on a Billy Bragg show. I must say, i am very impressed by his show. The lyrics are just amazing, i feel like a goth in smalltown Australia. Great. Is there more info about him ?

I have no idea who Mick Thomas is (nice name) ....but

:lmao:
I needed a laugh to start the day.
the mind image I have at the moment...can you elaborate on that rono? a goth in small town australia?
I am picturing pale skin, long jet black hair peeping out from under a wide hat with corks and all the curtains moving aside slightly as you run down the one street with no name shouting "feck that Billy Bragg show was good!!!"

How was Billy's performance?
:up:

now I do...look before you leap girl

and now I know to what you refer. $30 for a kid's book...ouch! I'll have to wait till it's at the library.
but according to his web site"Mick Thomas has gone mad, Mick Thomas has gone completely mad!!!!"
I really wish they hadn't removed the edit function:sad: or......

Hi there,...

Why you are always laughing about me,......:confused:

Anyway, Billy Bragg ( and the blokes ) where great. They palyed more than 3 hours. He was talking politics ( the western world has 3 reasons to attack Iraq, oil, oil and oil ) about fare trade tour-shirts ( no sweatshops involved, can we say that about U2 ? ) . Coldplay and peter Gabriel support this. About the queen ( let her life, because she is good for the toerist industry ). He is realy into woodie Guthry ( ? ) . He played California stars and a song called fascists.

O , what a powerful perfomance. And someone asked his girlfriend to become his wife,.....ahhhhhhhh.

:rant: Yeah, Billy on his best,........

and, do not tell anyone,......:hmm: I met a girl and she will visit me next week,...:hyper: We going to a Fisher-z gig, and i do not like Fisher- z,.....:banghead:

eh,, read you,....:wave:

the things we do for love

Fisher-Z
that rings a bell form bygone days.
Did they have a song that went.."something I know something I know, please don't tell me something I know. I open my mouth I try to speak..............far too long to wait for the perfect day......."

well somethig a bit like that. Dare I say, my hub's band used to cover that song...a looooooooong time ago.

I'm not laughing about you rono. You make me laugh,that's different and I appreciate it.
I have a Woody Guthrie story!!!
I had an unusual surname(before I got married, my married name is even worse!!) No one can spell either of them correctly. I was in Year 8 at school and in walked out new music teacher. She wrote her name on the blackboard...identical to mine except for the first letter!!
She then unzipped her guitar out of it's case( I was really wanting to learn guitar at that stage) and proceeded to blast us with her incredibly powerful true voice. She sang Woody Guthrie's "Pastures of Plenty" I'll NEVER forget that moment. I stayed back after class, we became friends, she loaned me her music books...Mrs Gettens.. I owe her one.

I won't tell anyone....but I can be quietly pleased eh?Keep us up-dated and enjoy...even FisherZ.

What did i once do for love? oh yes, pretended that I really was enjoying crawling on my stomach through the mangroves just the get to "THE best fishing spot":lmao:
There you go...making me laugh again...not about U, everything's a bit funny.:yes:

About Mick Thomas again,.....i can`t find anything about a childrensbook on his website :confused: Is this the website ?

www.mickthomas.com

O, and a nice souvenir from Billy Bragg. :)

setlistbillymelkweg.gif.gif

Yes , that 's the site, scroll down, it's there.
Well done, another song list for the collection.
Are you going to see New Model Army in concert? I hope so. That will make up for Fisher Z? I seem to lump them in with a band called Oingo Boingo, I'm not sure why. We still refer to them as Oingo Bloody Boingo all these years later.
Oh no... I'm going to start laughing again.:lol:
Fisher Z and Oingo Bloody Boingo:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom