Michelle Wie - LPGA Only!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I saw the "highlights" of her on Sportscenter this morning, I somehow knew this thread was gonna be bumped to the top.

The wrist is BS, had she completed the round and shot 88 or worse, she would have been barred from LPGA tour events for a year.

Yep, complete joke. Wish more people would just call her out on it.

she's been out with the wrist injury since january. the LPGA championship tourney is next weekend. it wouldn't surprise me if she rushed back this week to get a tournament in to practice for the big one next week.

so i could see how she could have pushed it and reinjured the wrist a bit. also, if her wrist has been hurt since january, i don't see how you can really practice while its recovering, so thats probably what hurt her most of all.

She's definitely rusty, but even before the injury her tee shots had gone downhill. I think she needs to ditch her current swing coach (Leadbetter). She used to drive it a lot better.

2nd Women's Major of the Year...she practiced and she appeared...

LAST PLACE for Michelle Wie...35 shots from the leader....she was 10 shots behind the nearest player at #83...Maybe she should get a Miss Irrelevent Award.

:yuck:

Winnings
1 Suzann Pettersen -5 F -14 69 67 71 67 274 $300000

84 Michelle Wie +7 F +21 73 74 83 79 309 $3273

From Wiki. - Wie cannot officially become a member of the LPGA Tour until her 18th birthday. Since she is not an LPGA member, she is limited to playing in no more than six LPGA events per year. However, as a professional, she is allowed to collect prize money.

With that said.

Following Wie's poor performance at the 2007 Sony Open in Hawaii, AP golf writer Doug Ferguson suggested that her nickname be changed from "the Big Wiesy" to a more appropriate moniker, "the Big Queasy." :lol:

I was optimistic when she made the cut on the line, but she really made a wreck of the weekend. I really hope she gets her game back. I like the new nickname - ha.

Mr. BAW said:
2nd Women's Major of the Year...she practiced and she appeared...

LAST PLACE for Michelle Wie...35 shots from the leader....she was 10 shots behind the nearest player at #83...Maybe she should get a Miss Irrelevent Award.

:yuck:

Winnings
1 Suzann Pettersen -5 F -14 69 67 71 67 274 $300000

84 Michelle Wie +7 F +21 73 74 83 79 309 $3273
I wish someone would pay me $3,273 for playing 4 sucky rounds of golf over a long weekend. I can play like crap for $800 a round.

i think its pretty obviouis the wrist is hurting her, i think she is a trooper for trying to fight her way through it

If the wrist is an issue, she should withdraw instead of risking her career for one tourney. Mickelson withdrew from two tourneys with his wrist problem, per his doctor's advice.

cant blame her for trying to fight through it to compete in a major. now that its obvious the wrist it still hurting her, it would be smart to shut it down until its fully healthy and she is able to practice enough to get back to where she used to be.

She's still planning to play in the women's US Open in two weeks, and with the higher rough it's anything but wrist-friendly. Hopefully she can get it back-she's also been having issues with driver. She said that she hit driver for the first time in 54 holes (and it went in the rough).

She's a teenager who appears to let her father make many bad calls for her. Hopefully when she turns 18 she'll distance herself from him in a professional sense and get some advice elsewhere.

Chizip said:
i think its pretty obviouis the wrist is hurting her, i think she is a trooper for trying to fight her way through it

Hey, WTF did you do with the real Chizip??? who's using his computer????

Look, this wrist thing may have been genuine back in January but now her TEAM is just buying sympathy and excuses for her playing like the real 17-year old she is...

My advice is to get her to Stanford; place her professional career on hold until her "owie!" gets better...

I saw an interview a couple weeks back with Judy Rankin; she was talking about the "old days" when a golfer would show up, get a room, play 3 rounds of golf and head to the next stop...

She referenced that the tour has become a TEAM event and that the Wie camp is one of the biggest "compounds" sort of speak...she's just not worth it at this time.

phanan said:
She's a teenager who appears to let her father make many bad calls for her. Hopefully when she turns 18 she'll distance herself from him in a professional sense and get some advice elsewhere.

well, i never said it was her fault that she's nuts :wink:

but she is having a bit of a breakdown... and it is largely her father's fault. will be interesting to see how things go from here on out.... she certainly seems to be nuttier than a snickers.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
she certainly seems to be nuttier than a snickers.
Damn she's not 18 yet, so I can't comment the way the little Hewson devil on my right shoulder is telling me to, so I'll just say that Snickers are fun to eat and leave it at that.

Mr. BAW said:

My advice is to get her to Stanford; place her professional career on hold until her "owie!" gets better...

Agreed. What good does it do to continue to play hurt? A little distance between her and dear old dad could do her some good as well.

Mr. BAW said:

Hey, WTF did you do with the real Chizip??? who's using his computer????

Look, this wrist thing may have been genuine back in January but now her TEAM is just buying sympathy and excuses for her playing like the real 17-year old she is...

well she already took your LPGA Only! advice, I guess thats not good enough now. considering she has placed second in a few LPGA tournaments before, including the LPGA championship, i think she probably has the talent to stay out on tour.

Hewson said:
Damn she's not 18 yet, so I can't comment the way the little Hewson devil on my right shoulder is telling me to, so I'll just say that Snickers are fun to eat and leave it at that.

:tsk: dirty old man... i'm outraged that you would stoop to such toilet humor. i would never lower myself to such a level...

okay i couldn't type that with a straight face.

Chizip said:

well she already took your LPGA Only! advice, I guess thats not good enough now. considering she has placed second in a few LPGA tournaments before, including the LPGA championship, i think she probably has the talent to stay out on tour.
a kinder, gentler chizip...:laugh:

i just dont understand all the hatin on a 17 year old chick. i mean really, why? because she got a couple sponsor exemptions to play in mens tournaments? thats a reason to hate her and root against her? i mean who cares?

she played in all 8 womens majors in 2005-06. in those 8 tournaments she had a top 5 finish 5 times! any LPGA'r would love that.

i just think its really weird, and kind of sad, when so many people take joy in other peoples misfortunes, whether its paris hilton or a 17 year old girl who likes to golf. are we so insecure as a society that we have to revel in other peoples misfortunes all the time? its kind of sick.

give me a break

Who's reveling in Wie's misfortune? And she's not just a 17 year old chick who likes golf. Public figures have been scrutinized since the beginning of time. It doesn't make every person who comments on anothers behavior insecure. Step off Judgey McJudgerson. You must have a pretty nice view from that high horse.

"About the only thing that wasn't much of a surprise was Michelle Wie, who continued her free fall with an 82, the second time in three rounds she has failed to break 80, this one matching her highest score in the Women's Open.

"I know I'm a better player than this," she said.

Not hatin', just reporting....

:giggle:

Yeah - looks like Wie hit only 4 fairways and 4 GIRs. Even the 12 year old girl, Alexis Thompson, shot a very respectable 76.

Back
Top Bottom