Michelle Branch gives birth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
I had no clue she was pregnant or was even married.

[q]
All E! Online News
Michelle Branch's New Arrival

Photos
Eonline Photo
E! Online Photo

Thu Aug 04, 5:40 PM ET

Michelle Branch's family tree has a new twig.

The "Everywhere" singer and her husband, Teddy Landau, welcomed their first child together, a daughter they named Owen, this week in Los Angeles, People magazine reported.

The baby weighed in at a healthy 7 pounds, 12 ounces. Both she and her mother were said to be doing well.

Branch, 22, and Landau, who's believed to be 41, swapped vows in spring 2004. They announced they were expecting their first offspring in February.

The twosome met on tour when Landau joined Branch's band as a bass player in 2003.

Branch, who has made a habit of reaching major milestones at a more tender age than most, started playing guitar at age 14 and was signed to Madonna's former label, Maverick Records, in 2000 at age 16.

In August 2001, the talented teen released her successful debut album, The Spirit Room and established herself as a slightly more tortured soul than her pop counterparts.

Her second album, 2003's Hotel Paper, was panned by critics, but went platinum nonetheless.

That same year, she nabbed a Grammy for Best Pop Collaboration for her vocal contribution to Santana's "Game of Love" off the band's 2002 album, Shaman.

Of late, Branch has been collaborating with country singing pal Jessica Harp on a musical side project.

The duo, who call themselves the Wreckers, have a song on the One Tree Hill soundtrack and toured this spring with other acts featured on the soundtrack, including Tyler Hilton, who stars on the show.

According to their Website, thewreckers.com, Branch and Harp expect to release their debut album, Stand Still, Look Pretty, on Maverick sometime in the near future.

In the meantime, Branch will likely be taking some time to just breathe and get used to being a mom.
[/q]

I guess she wanted a celebrity baby name that all the gossip papers will talk about so she named her owen. always trying for the cutting edge names... 41 year old man way too old for this young miss.

What's the big deal about the age difference? I met my husband when I was 21 and he was 36...we're still together and very happy 17 years later :shrug:

Bono's American Wife said:
What's the big deal about the age difference? I met my husband when I was 21 and he was 36...we're still together and very happy 17 years later :shrug:

Yeah. I agree with you. I know a guy who's married to a woman several years younger than he is (not sure just how many years difference though -- I know him, not her, and there's no way I'm gonna ask "So how old is your wife anyway?"). They seem happy and quite compatible, so you know I'm delighted for them. But another person I know actually gets angry about it...making all sorts of rude comments about them. I just don't get that...I can't see where it matters to her anyway.

I figure if the couple is happy that's all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom