Michael Owen?? Is it too early for him?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
As many of you may or may not know, in the absence of David Beckham for England's friendly tomorrow night Michael Owen has been named captain of England.

The man (boy) is only 21 or 22. Personally I dont think he has matured enough at International level to be made captain, especially with players like Garry Neville and Gareth Southgate in the team. Im not totally against it, just interested to know others points of view on the matter.

Do you think he would have got it if it were not played at Anfield? Would Neville have got it if it was played at Old Trafford?

------------------
20 to 40!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think its a big deal, its a good experience for him cos im sure hell be england captain in future years, but i doubt hell be given the armband at the world cup...

I'm not that big a fan of Owen, but I'd pick him over Neville any day

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Neville is a walking idiot, Owen is mature beyond his years, and anyway, it's only a friendly so it is pretty pointless, he won't be captain anyway

owen leads with his play...and in that aspect I dunno if anyone is more qualified than him..and your very right he is wise beyond his years

Originally posted by lazyboy:
Neville is a walking idiot, Owen is mature beyond his years, and anyway, it's only a friendly so it is pretty pointless, he won't be captain anyway

I couldn't have writen it better.

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Back
Top Bottom