Michael Jackson crowned Miss USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
r3379423780.jpg

Ever since the parade of states in the beginning, my kids and I were laughing at this girl calling her MJ. I couldn't believe it when she kept making the cut and getting high scores, then winning!:huh:

Lara Mullen said:
this is a one star thread with no replies :confused:

It's mine, isn't it? That's all it takes. But the wiseguys need to remember, one star is not an insult, it's much better than none at all :wink: :D

LOL! :laugh: You're right! That IS her! But her face looks a bit more deteriorated than his was at that time :lmao:

Who are you to constantly judge someone's appearance? Do you feel that bad about yourself that you constantly, and I mean constantly comment on people's appearance?

michael_jackson_bad.jpg
0000038676_20070322182113.jpg

the eyes are not alike

the noses are not alike

the chins are not alike

what really is the same?

What is obvious
is that some people are just bigoted

and sometimes they are even parents and teach it to their children.

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:
Who are you to constantly judge someone's appearance? Do you feel that bad about yourself that you constantly, and I mean constantly comment on people's appearance?

and besides

is not this contest judged on more than just appearance?

there has been no mention of other aspects of judging

just attacks on her race (very thinly disguised)

I'm sorry, but NOBODY can convince me that if this were done by someone but me, you'd all have laughed your asses off, but since it's me, you feel the need to rag and nitpick and make stupid accusations. :tsk: Look, the chick looks like Michael Jackson. It's funny. Take it or leave it but spare me the self righteous lectures :barf: You're all just trying to goat me so Sicy and Bonochick will come in and say I'm causing trouble. It was posted in a friendly, joking way, as everyone else here does. It was an attempt at humor. If you all jump my case, that is not ME causing the trouble.

:D

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
:tsk: Look, the bitch looks like Michael Jackson. It's funny. Take it or leave it but spare me the self righteous lectures :barf:

Is this the way you talk in front of your children?

and I am sure

she looks like MJ to you.

reminds me of when Limbaugh said

"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

U2Kitten said:
I'm sorry, but NOBODY can convince me that if this were done by someone but me, you'd all have laughed your asses off, but since it's me, you feel the need to rag and nitpick and make stupid accusations. :tsk:

You don't think every thread that insults based on appearance only doesn't get a few (using your words) "self-righteous lectures?"

I was pulling for Miss Virginia, but also Miss California. She was so beautiful! :cute: My 11 year old son said she was hot!

:sigh:

Maybe some things are just better left to joke about between your friends/family rather than posted about here. On one hand I am sure that many people here have made fun of people on TV just like this and if they pretend to be angels and claim they've never made fun of anyone well I wouldnt buy it. And yes I agree that if someone else had posted this thread it may have received a different response, but I am also sure that there would be a few that would not be comfortable with it as well and would express their distaste regardless of who posted it.

^
I'm sure we all do. I personally think she is quite pretty, but what do I know? It is an entirely subjective thing. And I would have disagreed with anyone here who posted that, but honestly, since it was U2kitten and I didn't agree with her, I just left it alone and said nothing, rather then start another "you are only disagreeing with me because it is my thread. Oh woe as me." :| Which is what it turned into, anyway. :rolleyes:

U2Kitten said:
You're all just trying to goat me so Sicy and Bonochick will come in and say I'm causing trouble. It was posted in a friendly, joking way, as everyone else here does. It was an attempt at humor. If you all jump my case, that is not ME causing the trouble.

I wasn't going to say anything, but since you just HAD to drag my name into this thread...

My opinion? There really isn't a "friendly, joking way" to talk about how ugly somebody is. Wow. This is just so mean. Yeah, you didn't break any rules by posting this...but I'm just amazed by how mean it is. No wonder so many people, especially women, feel self-conscious and bad about the way they look. Here's a perfectly lovely lady getting absolutely trashed. Amazing.

Oh, and it wouldn't matter who posted this, I'd still feel the same way. You really need to stop thinking you have such a powerful effect to cause people to always find some time to lash out against you just because you're you.

Last edited:
ylimeU2 said:

And I would have disagreed with anyone here who posted that, but honestly, since it was U2kitten and I didn't agree with her, I just left it alone and said nothing, rather then start another "you are only disagreeing with me because it is my thread. Oh woe as me." :|

Same here. I usually say nothing because what will happen is so predictable. And I don't think anyone criticizing is pretending to be angels either-when it is someone's consistent pattern around here to be so critical of peoples' looks I think it tends to invite criticism. It's as consistent as posting in a certain way, and behaving a certain way, and trying to twist everything around and make yourself the victim.

I went to the MissUSA site and looked at her photos, and she sure as hell looked beautiful to me. She also got a full scholarship to college, interned for Oprah's Harpo productions, and has been invited to teach at Oprah's leadership academy. I agree with what Bonochick said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom