Michael Jackson crowned Miss USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Kitten said:
You're all just trying to goat me

The word is goad, not goat.

However, it does get my goat when people misuse one word for another. :D

TN.jpg

I think that she is stunning. I was routing for her from the very beginning, especially when she mentioned about taking part in Oprah's Leadership Academy. She also has beauty inside her as well.

U2Kitten said:
:laugh:

She's hideous! Really, as soon as I saw her I thought, boy she's ugly, her face looks like somebody fucked it up real bad, (like MJ's falling apart) how did she get in a beauty pageant?

Nah I don't think she's hideous. But as a loyal fan, I gotta appreciate a Triumph reference whenever I see one.

Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against beautiful women...as a straight male, I do find her somewhat attractive. However, after seeing some of the pageant highlights on CNN, I can't get over the degree of sameness between the contestants. Aside from minor differences in hair colour, they could have been the very same person!

To me, the whole pageant thing actually strips away a bit of her beauty, and whatever individuality she has. And, I don't mean to go off on a rant, but these kinds of competitions really send the wrong message to kids and directly shape their societal perceptions and identities for life.

In that sense, there is a Michael Jackson connection, because he's obviously tried to create some kind of 'perfect' image--one that's completely distorted the unique person he really was.

i cant believe someone would judge women based on looks while watching a beauty pageant :tsk:

angelordevil said:
In that sense, there is a Michael Jackson connection, because he's obviously tried to create some kind of 'perfect' image--one that's completely distorted the unique person he really was.

I still think it's a stretch, unless she had plastic surgery like MJ (which I don't see). I'm sure a lot of pageant contestants do have lots of plastic surgery, and I would rather see them compared to MJ than someone with natural looks.

I still don't see how she resembles Michael Jackson at all. I'd have to agree with what BVS said.

We all know that this is what Michael Jackson really looks like:

7F24MichaelJackson.jpg

:tsk:

Chizip said:
i cant believe someone would judge women based on looks while watching a beauty pageant :tsk:

:lol:

Beautiful post. :drool:

ntalwar said:
I still think it's a stretch, unless she had plastic surgery like MJ (which I don't see). I'm sure a lot of pageant contestants do have lots of plastic surgery, and I would rather see them compared to MJ than someone with natural looks.

No, I'm not saying she looks anything like Michael Jackson. I'm simply saying she comes from the same society that produces damaged people like him.

U2Kitten said:
:laugh:

She's hideous! Really, as soon as I saw her I thought, boy she's ugly, her face looks like somebody fucked it up real bad, (like MJ's falling apart) how did she get in a beauty pageant?

Oh my God....I'm apalled. What an incredibly rude and immature post. :|

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

It's mine, isn't it? That's all it takes. But the wiseguys need to remember, one star is not an insult, it's much better than none at all :wink: :D

:rolleyes:

160282.jpg

Last edited:
Sicy said:
:sigh:

Maybe some things are just better left to joke about between your friends/family rather than posted about here. On one hand I am sure that many people here have made fun of people on TV just like this and if they pretend to be angels and claim they've never made fun of anyone well I wouldnt buy it. And yes I agree that if someone else had posted this thread it may have received a different response, but I am also sure that there would be a few that would not be comfortable with it as well and would express their distaste regardless of who posted it.

I agree, all three things are a factor. I do hope you can see how, even hours after I left, this thread has turned into an insult fest for me. Just look at what has been posted here. Would they dare do or say that crap to ANYONE else? Sorry, that is not "paranoid", that is the truth. But do not worry, I will not lower myself to try to fit in or be friendly with anyone around here ever again.

deep said:
just attacks on her race (very thinly disguised)

how are you sure the comments are based on race? frankly i find claiming someone is a racist based on one comment to be a lot more judgemental than judging someone's appearance in a beauty contest.

i looked through the photos and found a lot of other ethnic women in the pageant to be more attractive than the winner :shrug:

Chizip said:

how are you sure the comments are based on race?

That is the impression I got.

Did you see this post?

deep said:
michael_jackson_bad.jpg
0000038676_20070322182113.jpg

the eyes are not alike

the noses are not alike

the chins are not alike

what really is the same?

Again, I ask what features does she have in common with MJ besides race?

Sure, there are times when a person resembles someone else.

I thought perhaps I just didn't see it,
So I did a search and no one else has mentioned any resemblance.

sure its a bit of a stretch to say they look alike, but im not about to call LemonMacPhisto, Zootlesque, and U2Kitten bigots because of that one comment. thats a pretty serious claim and id need much more evidence before i accused them of that.

and how do we know U2Kitten thinks she is only ugly because of her race? thats a pretty big leap to make. who knows, maybe she thought Miss California should have won?

I have to agree with others, I think this is a mean spirited thread. Whatever :shrug: I think she's pretty. I don't think she looks anything like M.J. but thats just me.

None of those women would be my first picks for who I think is the prettiest woman, but they are all gorgeous. MJ is still one of the best pop artists ever, regardless of how he looks, so I don't see how that really matters. I see resemblance in their eyes, but I like both of their eyes (the one thing you can do plastic surgery on!).

U2Kitten said:
Just look at what has been posted here. Would they dare do or say that crap to ANYONE else?

Apart from the uncalled for above post, I'm curious, exactly what outrageous stuff has been said about you in this thread, that wouldn't be said to someone else who started a thread to bash someone's looks?

Last edited:
redkat said:
She's beautiful, but I do see the comparison. I happen to think MJ would have made a pretty woman at that stage :shrug:

Here's a more recent photo - no resemblance at all for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom