Michael Franti & Spearhead???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
anyone into this guy and or got a copy of the album that came out last year 'Stay human' that features one of the best songs to ever be recorded IMHO- Soulshine!!!!!!

I really, really dig this guy and his music, I got into a bit of the disposable heroes of hypocracy and you wouldnt think that it was the same guy but I really love music that is sung with a message and makes you think and Michael certainly does this, but one question that I have is how would you describe Michael Franti and or the album Stay Human, I have tried to do this for some friends of mine when I have been raving about him and I came up with Bob Marley crossed with Public Enemy crossed with Ben Harper- but I dont know if this is right?????? but anyway Michael Franti rocks:) oh and by the way anyone seen him live at all????

Hello,

Aaahhh, Spearhead. I really like Micheal Franti's work with Spearhead (or at least, the first and third album, don't have Chocolate Supa Highway). I think he's a very good songwriter, indeed Bob Marley crossed with Chuck D. Unfortunately I haven't seen him live yet, but I've got an excellent live recording of a concert he did last year at the Dutch Pinkpop festival and it sounds great.

BTW, are you maybe Kate? I know I sent her a copy of this recording last March and she also lives in Australia. If so, then I'm reacting again to the same person about Spearhead (I can't help it, they're one of my favourite bands). Anyway, if you're not and you would like to have a copy of this recording, mail me (I have a Hotmail account and the part before the @ is the same as my nickname here).

C ya!

Marty

Vanessa,

I just send you the promised mail, so please check your mailbox. :)

C ya!

Marty (who in no way uses this message to bump the thread :D)

Wow, this is an **old thread** I want to revive. Before my days on the board.

I bet there are more???

I am *finally* seeing Spearhead for the first time since 1994 this Saturday at Langerado.

Check this, too, from spearheadvibrations:

AUSTIN PROCLAIMS MARCH 3RD "MICHAEL FRANTI POWER TO THE PEACEFUL DAY"

The City of Austin, Texas will proudly proclaim March 3rd “Michael Franti Power To The Peaceful Day” in conjunction with the Anti- recording artists’ performance at Stubb’s Bar-B-Q that day as part of its Yell Fire! Tour. A distinction typically offered to large non-profit organizations, Mayor Will Wynn and City Council Member Mike Martinez will recognize Franti’s efforts for peace with a presentation from the stage. Additionally, through a donation of renewable energy credits from Green Mountain Energy, the Austin performance will offset the 4,400 pounds of CO2 used to power Franti’s Stubb’s performance.

Michael Franti and Spearhead
At Stubbs Bar-B-Q
Saturday, March 3

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom