Metallica video for new song/Is that Edge? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2003, 12:47 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:36 AM
edge looks much better. I heard the first 15 secs of this song and thought it sounded bad, maybe next time i'll give it more of a chance.

Old 05-30-2003, 01:09 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:36 PM
what's funny to me is that hetfield used to be about the anti-style (I got a trans am and drink bud).
now he's cool on VH1 with short hair and a beenie and a hooded sweatshirt.
too bad their music still sucks like it did in 1983.

Old 05-30-2003, 01:28 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo
Man, I think I'm the only person I've seen online on any music sites who likes this song.

I have bad taste.
I know how that goes... I've only heard it once, and maybe I passed judgement on it too quickly. Could it be the fact that they're missing a very important member?... a certain bassist? Their live album a few years back had some redeeming qualities, but it might take a while for this new material to rub off on me. I'm a tough sell I guess.

for being different.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:16 AM   #19
Blue Meth Addict

Cujie, in some ways it's probably my fault for bringing up Metallica in a U2 forum.

From what I've seen, U2 fans dont exactly listen to lots of different kinds of music. You shouldnt bring up anything other than "easy listening" or "soft rock" in this forum for the most part.

To each their own. I admit I like crappy music, but other people like a different kind of crappy music than I do. I can accept that.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:19 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Harder stuff

Sabbath

Metallica's new stuff :yet to be decided:
Old 05-30-2003, 09:55 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:36 AM
Quote:
Cujie, in some ways it's probably my fault for bringing up Metallica in a U2 forum.

From what I've seen, U2 fans dont exactly listen to lots of different kinds of music. You shouldnt bring up anything other than "easy listening" or "soft rock" in this forum for the most part.

To each their own. I admit I like crappy music, but other people like a different kind of crappy music than I do. I can accept that.
I think that it's cool if you want to bring up Metallica. I stayed up really late last weekend and watched a rerun of their Mtv Icon special. I've always thought they were a great live band, which shows they've got lots of talent. I'm not into all of their stuff, but they are on my radar screen.

I haven't heard the new song yet, so I've got no comment on that. But from that still picture, James is looking a little Edge wannabe-ish. Then again, I guess it's probably only the U2 fans who think that Edge has a monopoly on the rock-n-roll beanie.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:23 PM   #22
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:36 AM
Quote:

Well Mofo, to be honest, I was going to start this thread a few days ago when I saw the video but I didn't for two reasons.

1. I didn't know if anyone here appreciates Metallica because not many people around here listen to the stuff I've listened to in the past. (Iron Maiden anyone?)

2. I didn't want to start a Metallica thread and then say "oh by the way I think the new songs sucks" having only heard it one time.

Your comment about "easy listening or soft rock" is exactly why I didn't start this thread because I figured I'd get the crap beaten out of me. When all I listened to was Metallica, I thought U2 sucked. I'm very excited to be able to listen to both of them now and I'm very excited for the new album to come out. Music hasn't exactly gone my way the past 10 years and I'm glad the sound I like is coming back.....MTV2 has Headbanger's Ball again. That makes me very happy, even though I don't know half the bands they play.

Don't be too hard on yourself for starting a Metallica thread. 9 times out of 10 I don't like a song the first time I hear it, especially if it's by one of my favorite bands because I have very high expectations of what I want to hear from them. You want to have a Metallica discussion, I think you know where to go. I'll talk about them with you anytime.
Old 05-30-2003, 02:35 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:36 PM
I don't think that anyone should ever feel like they shouldn't bring up a certain band. I like Metallica and think they are a great live band, and have been a huge influence in hard rock. It doesn't mean when a hear a shitty song, I can't call them out on it. They should be called out on it. They should be making better stuff than this. There are a few U2 songs I think are shitty too. Doesn't mean I don't love em.
Old 05-30-2003, 02:47 PM   #24
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by womanfish
I don't think that anyone should ever feel like they shouldn't bring up a certain band. I like Metallica and think they are a great live band, and have been a huge influence in hard rock. It doesn't mean when a hear a shitty song, I can't call them out on it. They should be called out on it. They should be making better stuff than this. There are a few U2 songs I think are shitty too. Doesn't mean I don't love em.
Well it was a while ago and Mofo knows what I'm talking about but :gasp: I brought up the fact that I was a MASSIVE Kiss fan for about 10 years on another thread and I got the crap beaten out of me. So I tend to stay away from mentioning my love for heavy metal around here because I'd rather not have another conversation like that again.

But I did become friends with Mofo and Cujo after that little incident
Old 05-30-2003, 03:45 PM   #25
Blue Crack Distributor

easy listening

come on now cujo... you can't tell me you aren't a huge fan of canada's own easy listening queen...

picture courtesy of www.cameltoe.org
Old 05-30-2003, 03:57 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

That is wrong on so many levels.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:26 PM   #27
Blue Meth Addict

Hahaha, headache, thanks again for bringing such disturbingly funny imagry to my threads.

Thank you everone else for being cool mambo jambos.
You are all cool. I support that.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:44 PM   #28
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Thank you everone else for being cool mambo jambos.
You are all cool. I support that.

Mofo
Old 05-30-2003, 07:44 PM   #29
War Child

New Metallica sounds great to me too, so does Radiohead
Old 05-30-2003, 08:14 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

the same said it my mother...: "is Edge?", and I: "noooooo, is Metallica's James Hetfield, another band that I like"