Metallica - St. Anger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dunno.

I am 2/3 opf the way throught the album and have to say I really like it. It is no Unfogiven and I am thankful for that.

I think it is

refreshing.

Reminds me even a little of QOTSA.

The first song is the best

I bought the album yesterday and like it a lot. I'm not a metalhead nor a Metallica fan but I really enjoyed St. Anger when I heard the real version. I've listened to "Master of Puppets" some Black...

No guitar solos per se but a lot of hard rhythm and "Wall of dark sound and fury" is what I hear and I really like it. I actually like the quote "my lifestyle, determines my deathsyle..." That line is stuck in my head... I like drums and the "messiness."

To be honest, I think its a fairly good album...

I think having no real guitar solos is alright but b/c they're big bad Metallica people expect speedy shred things. I appreciate the fact that they held back for the "sake" of the songs but I think it would have been nice if they put a little something in the songs in terms of solos. IT just feels like too much metal rhythm riffs thus making everything sound the same in the end. I think some background "texture" alah I Disappear" would have made it great. Again people describe the ping of the drums... I love it... it reminds of me old school trad folk music from another country...

Obviously if you have the following: set expectations on "how Metallica should sound like...," hate them because of Napster, or hate metal period.... you will probably hate the album....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom