Metallica: Some Kind of Monster - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 07-28-2004, 12:31 AM   #16
Local Time: 11:15 PM
Metallica sucks now.

That is all.

Old 08-19-2004, 09:50 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 05:15 AM
I'm sorry if this is an old thread but I just want to say something. I'm a HUGE Metallica fan. I love the band. U2 and Metallica are my favorite bands ever. I watched this movie when I was in NYC and was blown out of my mind. It's the best rock documentary ever, it's definitely got nothing to do with reality TV as someone said before. Some people should just be quiet sometimes if they don’t know what they are talking about. Anyway I understand how much some people hate Lars but I think this movie would be the best way to give people a second look at the man. You can see how dedicate, caring, smart and a great guy he is. I always thought that him and Bono would be great friends (people seem to either absolutely hate or love them but not only that they have a lot more in common). I'm definitely going to buy this film on DVD specially cause I know that there will be lots of extra footage there that I desperately want to see. This film is also great cause it completely kills a lot of clichés and wrong ideas people who don't listen to heavy metal or don't like Metallica have about the genre and the band. That moment where James drops it all to go see his daughter on her ballet deal is an example. One thing that wasn’t discussed on the doc (mainly cause there was nothing to do with what it was about, which would be that moment) was that most of them had a fucked up past when they were kids. I thought it was also great that the theater that I went to was filled with Metallica fans and people who didn't looked to be Metallica fans but were definitely interested in what was happening on the screen. Plus some moments were funny as hell! Anyway if I was a big fan before I’m an even bigger fan of them now as a band and as individuals. Metallica rocks, always have and always will. I like the fact that there is a good amount of people here who seems to have enjoyed the doc. The people who said cool things about them kick ass too!