metallica shoes - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-14-2004, 11:48 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,503
Local Time: 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrazilianFly


Who the fuck wants to be fashionable? I know I don't.






neither do i. which (aside from the outreagous prices, and the fact that i don't want to support anything related to puff daddy) is why i don't buy those clothes.

actaully...the everyday skate shoes are trying to appeal to a certain style, too. the kind of people they hope will buy their albums. oh woe is metallica, don't they realize they'll just further alienate the fans they may still have by trying to appeal to a crowd who'd rather listen to yellowcard or taking back sunday!
__________________

__________________
IWasBored is offline  
Old 10-15-2004, 12:43 AM   #17
Refugee
 
Bunbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Close yet far from home \m/
Posts: 1,580
Local Time: 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored


oh woe is metallica, don't they realize they'll just further alienate the fans they may still have by trying to appeal to a crowd who'd rather listen to yellowcard or taking back sunday!
The alienation is almost complete
__________________

__________________
Bunbury is offline  
Old 10-15-2004, 08:25 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
TheBrazilianFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Posts: 8,580
Local Time: 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bunbury


The alienation is almost complete
Your personal tastes are not the rules. We're talking about the shoes, don't be a full time asshole.
__________________
TheBrazilianFly is offline  
Old 10-15-2004, 08:12 PM   #19
Refugee
 
isabelle_guns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,662
Local Time: 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored



good point. these are everyday skate shoes.
i AM glad that you agree, there's just nothing "special" about them and it seems like Metallica for just put their name on an ugly product.
__________________
isabelle_guns is offline  
Old 10-15-2004, 08:14 PM   #20
Refugee
 
isabelle_guns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,662
Local Time: 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored



neither do i. which (aside from the outreagous prices, and the fact that i don't want to support anything related to puff daddy) is why i don't buy those clothes.

actaully...the everyday skate shoes are trying to appeal to a certain style, too. the kind of people they hope will buy their albums. oh woe is metallica, don't they realize they'll just further alienate the fans they may still have by trying to appeal to a crowd who'd rather listen to yellowcard or taking back sunday!

I agree that they're trying to appeal to the market but I have seen better looking skate shoes and my skater friends think those are ugly ass shoes as well.
__________________
isabelle_guns is offline  
Old 10-16-2004, 09:23 PM   #21
Refugee
 
Bunbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Close yet far from home \m/
Posts: 1,580
Local Time: 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrazilianFly


Your personal tastes are not the rules. We're talking about the shoes, don't be a full time asshole.
What else is new, boss??
__________________
Bunbury is offline  
Old 10-16-2004, 09:39 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,388
Local Time: 10:23 AM
Metallica has blown mad chunks lately.

They were good up until the Black Album.
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 10-16-2004, 09:56 PM   #23
Refugee
 
isabelle_guns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,662
Local Time: 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
Metallica has blown mad chunks lately.

They were good up until the Black Album.
agreed
__________________
isabelle_guns is offline  
Old 10-17-2004, 10:00 PM   #24
War Child
 
Inner El Guapo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 609
Local Time: 09:23 AM
The greatest fall from grace in the history of rock and roll.
1990. Metallica is the greatest hard rock/metal band probably ever.

The 'black' album hits, massive commerical success, sure.
Only a died in the wool sheep for Metallica didnt see the only legitimate "sell out" I can think of. Bob Rock for motherfucks sake?

And do you want to forgive them for that?
Bob Rock played motherfucking bass on St Anger?

Shit shit shit. When I was 14 years old they were the greatest band I knew. It wasn't even close. They fucked a pig in the ass and have been eating bacon ever since.
__________________
Inner El Guapo is offline  
Old 10-18-2004, 11:43 AM   #25
Refugee
 
Muggsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and butterflies in my tummy
Posts: 2,033
Local Time: 10:23 AM
the babydoll t is great !!
i like the shoes too, I just bought a pair of "I robot" Converses and i like that style
__________________

__________________
Muggsy is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com