Metallica and the Big Day Out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I just got the timetable
:hyper:
so now I can make plans. I want maximum.....everything!

http://www.bigdayout.com/timetables/TIMES2004-GOLDCOAST.pdf

and to think I was going to sell my ticket.
I'm glad Jet are on the Green Stage, makes them more accessible. It's a shame they are on at the same time as Muse.
The Lilypad has it's usual high standard of entertainment I see:eyebrow: :lmao:
There's such a good vibe as everyone piles through the gate at the Big Day Out.....I'm looking forward to this.

thanks for the info....I always enjoy them when I hear them on the radio.
I probably should check them out in that time slot. Jet are Australian and I may get the chance to see them another time.
It takes some planning :)
It's one of those ocassions when you wish you could be in two...no...five , places at once.

just looking at the artists playing makes me go :ohmy::drool::hyper:

and then I remember that it's in Oz so I won't geto to go :grumpy:

have a great time cass!!!
and good luck on picking artists to see
I'm glad that's something I won't have to do :D

I've checked out the timetable from every angle. I just can't fit Aphex Twin in :(
and I've decided to sacrifice Jet for Muse
and I won't get to the lilypad at all.
so much to see and hear, so little time:hyper:
Metallica are recording on this day. They are going to have a live Bside on a new single they have planned. They have asked an Aussie to do the cover art. A gift for the down under fans.
I was reading how Kirk has taken up surfing for R&R...now THAT is something I'd like to see.
**cass polishes her binoculars**

oi sal

I still have a chuckle when I think of it

"down undies"

:lmao:

there was no room for them
the bill is jam-packed.

I did think I saw Rancid listed, but they are not on.
One of the BIG names withdrew early on...can't recall who now.
I plan to see The Darkness, Salmonella Dub, Black-eyed Peas, Gerling, Dandy Warhols, Muse, Hoodoo Gurus and Metallica.
and lots and lots of people:)
I have to high tail it out of there when Metallica end. I'd like to see Basement Jaxx, but 2 of the 3 young guys i am taking with me have to be at work at 6 am the next day:crazy:
Actually they are all 18( one of them is my son) I have cared for them all since they were born and I like to think they all play guitar quite well now because of their early influences....moi:)
It will be very special to take them to see METALLICA LIVE!!!
:dance:

aww shucks martha :hug: well I like to think so , I just rule in my own little neck of the woods . Queen Mum:D

A fly just flew into the ointment...or was it a spanner.
My son has decided he really can't handle a Big Day Out ( long day, long drive, lots of sun, it's tiring). He works a hard hot 10 hour day, it could be dangerous. He didn't have that job when we bought the tickets, he was still at school. I feel so sorry for him...he is my child that loves Metallica the most. He went and saw the people at work and they said there are plenty of other people who would take his job. Too true. There is no chance of a day off. His mate has been put on the afternoon shift, he can manage.
So, it might be us oldies going, except hub is playing in his band the night before and he'll be tired...oh gings.
Maybe I should sell both tickets and go to the cricket.....??

NO WAY:dance:

stow away on Metallica's jet

or Jet's metallica??? :hmm:

it would be a bit like Salome going to the cricket at the Gabba....a culture shock, Australians in the raw en masse.
I must say I feel very disappointed about BB not being able to go. I remember the day I impulsively bought the tickets. I saw a pic of james hetfield in a magazine and thought "BB just has to see this band" I'd already tried to get tickets to their individual concert tour, but they were sold out. The BDO was the only other option.
He only told me about his decision last night, it's just sinking in.
HUGE disappointment.

Cass, sorry to hear about your son not being able to go the show but I think you should still go. You have been looking forward to this for so long. You'll have a great time.

Howdy Cass,

I just might see you at the Goldy, I am thinking about going to the gig, thats if there are still tickets available. I do think that last years program was far better, but ten years ago as a little sixteen year old a friend and myself ventured to the parklands for the first BDO at the Goldy, so we were thinking we would go for a bit of nostalgia- I havnt been to a BDO since 97!!!!

I must admit that I do love the BDO- I would of been there with bells on last year to see my beloved Janes addiction, thats if I didnt have a broken foot...

so maybe see you stage left whilst Metallica are playing :)

Hi Aurora, everytime I see something about Jane's Addiction, I think of you.
Looks like I'll be the one side-lined this year. I've been a bit unwell and now BB can't go:( I think it is best I give the tickets to "the big fella" and his girlfriend. She usually works on Sunday so it's only if her boss is agreeable. She said maybe he would buy the tickets...we'll see.
I was just checking the BDO website to find out about the shuttle buses from the the Surfer's area. They aren't mentioned there. They've announced the Gold Coast BDO is sold out, but they are selling 1000 extra tickets at the venue 9 am on Saturday.
I just looked again at the line-up. It is VERY good imho. You could have a ball just dancing in the boiler room or chilling at the lilypad. It's so typical I get ill...damn Murphy and his Laws.
Metallica will just have to do the recording without me. I was planning on whistling and all....:wink:

ahh well, the up side, I'll save money....for U2
:)

ta Sal...but methinks not
Which is why I lashed out and bought the tickets. I have a feeling it may be the last time Metallica come to Australia.
I hope you are right and I am wrong.

oh gings:sad:
i shouldna looked
RAGE are playing a Big Day Out special on Saturday night
all the bands I won't be seeing
I feel ill that I'm ill
what a thing

I suppose it is better than the other option, we thought maybe BB wouldn't be able to go because he would be off surviving basic training in an attempt for a career in the military. At least he is somewhat safer here.:hug:
but still and all...........

excuse me

:madspit: :scream: :sick: :banghead: :sad: :censored: :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom