METALLICA, AC/DC, GUNS N' ROSES Among Top 50 Bands of All Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunbury

Refugee
ABC ePrep is reporting that METALLICA, AC/DC, GUNS N' ROSES, DEF LEPPARD, AEROSMITH and VAN HALEN are among the bands featured on Q magazine's new list of the Top 50 Bands Of All Time. The British magazine used a formula to come up with the results for the list. Each band was rated with a point system that measured the sale of their biggest album, the scale of their largest headlining show and the total number of weeks spent on the U.K. album chart.

Q magazine's complete Top 50 Bands Of All Time list is as follows:

01. PINK FLOYD
02. LED ZEPPELIN
03. ROLLING STONES
04. U2
05. QUEEN
06. DIRE STRAITS
07. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND
08. THE BEATLES
09. BOB MARLEY AND THE WAILERS
10. FLEETWOOD MAC
11. THE EAGLES
12. THE BEACH BOYS
13. OASIS
14. BON JOVI
15. GUNS N' ROSES
16. NIRVANA
17. GENESIS
18. BEE GEES
19. METALLICA
20. BOSTON
21. R.E.M.
22. BACKSTREET BOYS
23. RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
24. AC/DC
25. THE POLICE
26. STEVE MILLER BAND
27. ABBA
28. SANTANA
29. SIMPLY RED
30. SUPERTRAMP
31. THE CARPENTERS
32. JOURNEY
33. SPICE GIRLS
34. DEF LEPPARD
35. DEEP PURPLE
36. UB40
37. AEROSMITH
38. WHAM!
39. PEARL JAM
40. HOOTIE & THE BLOWFISH
41. STATUS QUO
42. SIMPLE MINDS
43. WET WET WET
44. *N SYNC
45. EURYTHMICS
46. DURAN DURAN
47. ERASURE
48. THE SHADOWS
49. BOYZ II MEN
50. VAN HALEN

This list is beyond SHIT :| :| :| :( :(

44. *N SYNC

:lmao:

lists are always lame. did you really expect anything different this time around? :wink:

actually, as hilarious is #44 is, i take it back after seeing i skipped over #33! :lol: actually, 31-33 is fuckin hilarious.

Re: Re: METALLICA, AC/DC, GUNS N' ROSES Among Top 50 Bands of All Time

bayernfc said:

Amen to that! Boy Groups (i still refuse to call them Bands) in the 50 greatest of all time?? :| :|

Glad my favourite didn't even make it!

OMG!!!1!!!!U CANT MEEN UR FAVORIT ISN"T U2???????????

:wink:

well, i know mine did. they come in at a prestigious #22

:wink::wink::wink:

you know the kind of things you joke about, yet still feel dirty after saying, even though you know you didn't mean it? yeah, that was one of them :crack:

IWasBored said:
well, i know mine did. they come in at a prestigious #22

:wink::wink::wink:

you know the kind of things you joke about, yet still feel dirty after saying, even though you know you didn't mean it? yeah, that was one of them :crack:

You mean 44... so much better than 22, it's 22x2!! :crack:

i figured since i made a crack at #44 in my first post (and that list gives you so much to work with), i'd say something else. they sound the same, i love them both the same!!!!!!!1!!! LOLZ!!!!!

:barf:

Lots of crap on there. I think Dire Straights is a very good band. However, I don't think they rank in the top 50 at all....To put them 6th boggles my mind.

This list is exceptionally awful ... notice its top 50 BANDS of all time .... n sync, spice girls, and others are manufactured products of the music entertainment industry....

Pink Floyd is NOT number one - not even close.... and the Beatles got pushed down kind of far... other greats are not even represented here.... yuck.

How the hell can the SPICE GIRLS be ahead of any band? Do they actually play live music or is it just Memorex? That isn't talet IMHO.

Relax, everyone. This list is based soley on sales and concert revenue, not musical relevance.

I honestly don't see what the point was of making this list. If you just want to know what groups have made the most money, all you have to do is do a Google search for the stats.

Bono's shades said:
Relax, everyone. This list is based soley on sales and concert revenue, not musical relevance.

I honestly don't see what the point was of making this list. If you just want to know what groups have made the most money, all you have to do is do a Google search for the stats.

Thus, makes this list shit :wink:

Pink Floyd! :hyper:

Actually, the only reason PF is #1 is because this month Q happens to have a full magazine special on them. In the past, Q has been very unkind to the Floyd, and I doubt it would make a complete 180 so soon unless they were trying to seel magazines.

if it's based only on sales and concert revenue, obviously the best won't even make the list.

Back
Top Bottom