Metallica!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2004, 11:06 AM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 04:12 AM
Metallica!!

WOW! I just saw the premiere of the band's new documentary movie, "Metallica: Some Kind of Monster." This film is an absolutely, astonishing brilliant piece of work. I'm not really a big fan of heavy metal, but this film makes me appreciate who the band is and what their music is about. I got to shake the hands of the directors, AND I got to see the band at the premiere! They answered a ton of questions from the audience....definitely an eye opening experience i won't ever forget.

www.somekindofmonster.com

Old 04-19-2004, 11:26 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:12 AM
COOL!!!!! I really, really, really want to see that documentary!!! Those guys rock, they've been through so much specially during the making of the last album. Everybody say the documentary is very raw and honest. I love that!

Old 04-19-2004, 12:01 PM   #3
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:12 AM
Lars=
Old 04-19-2004, 01:40 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:12 PM
Old 04-20-2004, 01:59 AM   #5
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Vampira
Lars=
I think they were once an awesome band
Old 04-20-2004, 10:36 AM   #6
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrazilianFly
COOL!!!!! I really, really, really want to see that documentary!!! Those guys rock, they've been through so much specially during the making of the last album. Everybody say the documentary is very raw and honest. I love that!
The doc is very raw and honest. After the show, the band said that they were kind of scared how honest the doc was. Tons of funny moments!!!! Also, the doc covers the period where James goes to rehab during the making of the St. Anger album and cameras are there during group therapy sessions.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:44 PM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 07:12 AM
MetallicA
Old 04-20-2004, 07:09 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:12 AM
Metallica were a good band some time ago...
Old 04-20-2004, 10:53 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Metallica was, is and will forever be one of the greatest bands ever. Whoever don't see that has been blinded by that Napster bullshit as if Lars was the only who was against having his songs stolen from his band and by the fact that they realized they were 30 years old and felt like cutting their hair for the first time and do more of those 4-5 minutes songs instead of so many long songs.

Quote:
Originally posted by U2DeathBear

The doc is very raw and honest. After the show, the band said that they were kind of scared how honest the doc was. Tons of funny moments!!!! Also, the doc covers the period where James goes to rehab during the making of the St. Anger album and cameras are there during group therapy sessions.
Yes, they are very, very funny people. Specially James, he always has the funniest lines!! But I hope the doc also have some serious moments and family stuff!!
Old 04-21-2004, 12:27 AM   #10
Refugee

Quote:
Metallica was, is and will forever be one of the greatest bands ever. Whoever don't see that has been blinded by that Napster bullshit as if Lars was the only who was against having his songs stolen from his band and by the fact that they realized they were 30 years old and felt like cutting their hair for the first time and do more of those 4-5 minutes songs instead of so many long songs.
Their music just sucks, there's tons of bands that I love and are against music file sharing.
So my disdain towards Metallica mostly has nothing to do with the Napster thing or the band cutting their hair, the quality of their music has judt gone downhill.
St. Anger is proof of the lack of quality that Metallica once had.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:37 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Bunbury

Their music just sucks, there's tons of bands that I love and are against music file sharing.
So my disdain towards Metallica mostly has nothing to do with the Napster thing or the band cutting their hair, the quality of their music has judt gone downhill.
St. Anger is proof of the lack of quality that Metallica once had.
Well that's your opinion and definitely not mine. Ain't My Bitch, King Nothing, Fuel, Devil's Dance, Frantic, The Unnamed Feeling are all great. I mean how can a U2 fan don't like that Bleeding Me or Outlaw Torn, they’re a great musical achievement, it shows another side of Metallica without necessarily being filled with different riffs or with super difficult stuff. I love it. Don’t know why people complain about St. Anger so much, there’s always something to point the finger at, no solos, “bad production”, blah, blah, blah…. Riffs from songs like Invisible Kid, Frantic, The Unnamed Feeling are among their best.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:03 AM   #12
Refugee

Quote:

Well that's your opinion and definitely not mine.