Metallica!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2DeathBear

The Fly
WOW! I just saw the premiere of the band's new documentary movie, "Metallica: Some Kind of Monster." This film is an absolutely, astonishing brilliant piece of work. I'm not really a big fan of heavy metal, but this film makes me appreciate who the band is and what their music is about. I got to shake the hands of the directors, AND I got to see the band at the premiere! They answered a ton of questions from the audience....definitely an eye opening experience i won't ever forget.

www.somekindofmonster.com

COOL!!!!! I really, really, really want to see that documentary!!! Those guys rock, they've been through so much specially during the making of the last album. Everybody say the documentary is very raw and honest. I love that!

TheBrazilianFly said:
COOL!!!!! I really, really, really want to see that documentary!!! Those guys rock, they've been through so much specially during the making of the last album. Everybody say the documentary is very raw and honest. I love that!

:yes: The doc is very raw and honest. After the show, the band said that they were kind of scared how honest the doc was. Tons of funny moments!!!! Also, the doc covers the period where James goes to rehab during the making of the St. Anger album and cameras are there during group therapy sessions. :lmao:

Metallica was, is and will forever be one of the greatest bands ever. Whoever don't see that has been blinded by that Napster bullshit as if Lars was the only who was against having his songs stolen from his band and by the fact that they realized they were 30 years old and felt like cutting their hair for the first time and do more of those 4-5 minutes songs instead of so many long songs. :rolleyes:

U2DeathBear said:

:yes: The doc is very raw and honest. After the show, the band said that they were kind of scared how honest the doc was. Tons of funny moments!!!! Also, the doc covers the period where James goes to rehab during the making of the St. Anger album and cameras are there during group therapy sessions. :lmao:

Yes, they are very, very funny people. Specially James, he always has the funniest lines!! But I hope the doc also have some serious moments and family stuff!!

TheBrazilianFly said:
Metallica was, is and will forever be one of the greatest bands ever. Whoever don't see that has been blinded by that Napster bullshit as if Lars was the only who was against having his songs stolen from his band and by the fact that they realized they were 30 years old and felt like cutting their hair for the first time and do more of those 4-5 minutes songs instead of so many long songs. :rolleyes:

Their music just sucks, there's tons of bands that I love and are against music file sharing.
So my disdain towards Metallica mostly has nothing to do with the Napster thing or the band cutting their hair, the quality of their music has judt gone downhill.
St. Anger is proof of the lack of quality that Metallica once had.

Bunbury said:

Their music just sucks, there's tons of bands that I love and are against music file sharing.
So my disdain towards Metallica mostly has nothing to do with the Napster thing or the band cutting their hair, the quality of their music has judt gone downhill.
St. Anger is proof of the lack of quality that Metallica once had.

Well that's your opinion and definitely not mine. Ain't My Bitch, King Nothing, Fuel, Devil's Dance, Frantic, The Unnamed Feeling are all great. I mean how can a U2 fan don't like that Bleeding Me or Outlaw Torn, they?re a great musical achievement, it shows another side of Metallica without necessarily being filled with different riffs or with super difficult stuff. I love it. Don?t know why people complain about St. Anger so much, there?s always something to point the finger at, no solos, ?bad production?, blah, blah, blah?. Riffs from songs like Invisible Kid, Frantic, The Unnamed Feeling are among their best.

Back
Top Bottom