Metal appreciation thread.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2popmofo said:
Oh yes, things that tickle my fancy as of late:

Opeth - (A band I dont know nearly enough about, but everytime I hear them I like it. Their acoustic album was brilliant)

Ask away dude! I'm a huge fan I can help with some recommedations :wink:

Jack In The Box said:
Metal :hmm: , I like some metal bands
my top 5 metal bands:

Dimmu Borgir (fav song: Entrance)
Six Feet Under (The Enemy Inside)
Pain (Injected Paradise)
Children of Bodom (Warheart)
Immortal (Mountains of Might)

I don't like power metal (Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Stratovarious, etc.) and nu metal

and... that's all :)

Immortal was awesome :wink: too bad they broke up :( My fave album is In the Heart of Winter.
Dimmu just rawks, sucks that Nick Barker got kicked out the band.
Yea, most power metal sucks Hammerfall is the only band that is tolerable for me.

u2popmofo said:
Recommend away!!!

I take it you have heard their acoustic album Damnation (which I think was the best album of 2003).
I would start you off with Blackwater Park some say this album "defines" Opeth it has the best of their heaviness and their acoustic stuff.
I would go backwards after Blackwater Park with Still Life, My Arms Your Hearse, Morningrise, and Orchid (debut album)
It just depends, all in all they are a METAL band that combine a bunch of different sounds which IMO sets them apart from other metal bands. Any questions let me know :wink:

IRON MAIDEN is THE band
Only U2 is better than Iron Maiden!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Lacuna Coil too!! Scabbia has a great voice! She?s better than that girl from Nightwish, which is a very boring band BTW.

And I must admit here, I like Dream Theater. I don?t own any of their albuns, and I listened to their last album (Train of THought) and it sucks and even the fans knows it sucks, but they have nice songs... I love Scenes From a Memory!! There is a whole story behind the album it?s not only 20 minute solos!

I don?t like Blind Guardian nor Stratovarius too
Metallica was good, Helloween too

etccccc

Back
Top Bottom