Metal appreciation thread..... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2004, 09:26 AM   #16
Jesus Online

Local Time: 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Come Crawling

I suggest you Somewhere In Time (Iron Maiden) for begginer.
I have some Iron Maiden floating around here, never listened to it once though.
I've got a whole bunch of likes, like some metallica but then others like TOOL, Rammstein, Ra etc...even hard rock like Bush...I list this and someone will come in in a hissy and say "You can't call that metal!"

And I say why not.

The lines of distinction are too blurry.

Purists annoy me on the whole, if they come with this attitude

Old 02-08-2004, 09:48 AM   #17
Banned

Local Time: 10:26 PM
Bush is gay...

Old 02-08-2004, 10:01 AM   #18
Jesus Online

you mean the prez or the band?
neither are.
which you know already.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:06 AM   #19
you are what you is

Local Time: 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
Ra
they really exist?
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 02-08-2004, 10:10 AM   #20
Jesus Online

Old 02-08-2004, 11:14 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:26 AM
come crawling, you were at a dream theater concert??? didn't you like them? they're excellent live! i don't know how many dt albums or songs you may know, but i can tell you that they made a lot of melodic songs. anyway, didn't you know that u2 is one of their favourite band? especially for the singer, james labrie, and for the drummer, the great great great mike portnoy! in fact dream theater did a few u2 cover, for instance bad and red hill mining town... all in all they didn't a bad work!
Old 02-08-2004, 02:47 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by babyman
come crawling, you were at a dream theater concert??? didn't you like them? they're excellent live! i don't know how many dt albums or songs you may know, but i can tell you that they made a lot of melodic songs. anyway, didn't you know that u2 is one of their favourite band? especially for the singer, james labrie, and for the drummer, the great great great mike portnoy! in fact dream theater did a few u2 cover, for instance bad and red hill mining town... all in all they didn't a bad work!
Yea , i had to pay like 35 Euro for the entrance ticket (cheaper as Iron Maidens). They are trully great musicians, and Labrie has no such big mouth like Dickinson, so it was OK, like 3 Hours pure of satisfaction instead of bashing Metallicas latest Album.
Old 02-08-2004, 04:45 PM   #23
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo
Yes, I forgot Iron Maiden.
how could you forget Iron Maiden?

Iron Maiden
Old 02-08-2004, 05:59 PM   #24
Banned

And you napster users, we see you in jail being gang rapped
Old 02-08-2004, 06:10 PM   #25
Refugee

[B]TOOL[B] how could I forget these guys, just love em, one of my main concert regrets was not seeing them live, when they came to Australia in 97, promoting the nema stuff, never mind. I especially love opiate and hooker with a penis- I just love the irony in the lyrics in that song
Old 02-08-2004, 06:34 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Come Crawling

Another Black /Death Metal Fan

Like you like actually those cheesy Lacuna Coil instead Iced Earth or Blind Guardian phew what a bad Trip.

I still cant understand why people keen on those growling vocal (not Lacuna Coil but the other aformentioned bands) instead of those majestic operatic vocals. Guess theyve been retarded.

Im wondering if you are really u2 fan. I mean dont be offended , but most of Nu Metal Band fans will be embarrased after listening to real Metal Band like IM or Metallica and leave the bandwagon and jump to the heavy metal train. But im not leaving or many arent (dont plan also to do it) u2s wagon , altough u2 are not as skilled as those Metal band (Fuck what am i saying). I would prefer to listen to any Edges atmospheric Riffs rather than those blasting solos from John Petrucci. Its because u2 have thir own trademark, which cant be copied (i mean Like iced Earth copy ron Maiden, Dimmu Borgir Mayhem ,Dream Theater Rush etc). And i cant recall having any metal cds which is better than the Unforgettable Fire.

So the conclusion would be: U2 are the best band in the worlddespite of their lack of skill. They show the world that art can oly be created by art itself but not by grandious accomplished Music Skill , or highly complex arragements. #

Amen

I'm music fan and U2 is my fav band

that's all what I have to say
Old 02-09-2004, 03:27 AM   #27
Banned

St ANger won the Grammy for Best Metal Performance.

GRAMMY = SHIT! . Altough the best song goes to a band which deserves it (Coldplays Clock)
Old 02-10-2004, 07:41 AM   #28
Refugee

Ministry

one of the coolest bands on the planet during their peak, which was around 1990 thereabouts

the band is not recognised as much because they are about the music rather than being showboats

suggested albums

Psalm69 - N.W.O, Just One Fix, Hero, Jesus Built My Hotrod, Title Track

The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste - So What, Breathe, Thieves, Burning Inside (hardest song you'll ever hear!)

Land of Rape and Honey - Stigmata, Deity, The Missing, Flashback, Title Track; not as much metal in this album, more industrial like Nine Inch Nails

Animositisomina - Animosity, Broken, Unsung

other songs - Reload, What About Us (from the Motion Picture A.I), and i recommend Linger Ficken Good by the Revolting Cocks, a side project of the band leader where they murdered the Rod Steward ballad "Do You Think Im Sexy?" and Gila Copter
Old 02-10-2004, 06:03 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:26 PM
Ministry is Industrial...
Old 02-10-2004, 08:48 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:26 AM
via my sons, I listen to metal regularly.
they are gradually leaving home and taking their music collections with them. I'll miss it. I watched the Fear Factory performance at the Big Day Out Last night. I was trying to express what it is about that style of music I like...I couldn't put it into words properly. "The grind" is the closest I came. It can be so much fun having a good old head bang.
I love as always, some of the tender moments
Pantera- Planet Caravan
Soulfly- Soulfly, Tree of Life

Hearing some of the songs bring back powerful memories. Max Cavalera is one of my faves. I've been spending more time in my son's room lately( it has the DVD player) and I love looking at all his band posters...what a gorgeous bunch.
The Outsider magazine just closed down.We only ever paid one year's subscription but they kept sending them to us. Hayley the editor was sweet and had so much fun . I enjoyed the reviews , letters and artwork from the younguns. Outsider produced a compilation CD of the most popular bands they had worked with and sent it to all their members as a farewell gift.....
and people say bad things about metal...how thoughtful and generous.