Messing-cum-Inworth, Essex, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha.

I find it funny when people say, "They're both bad." That's just not true. Obama's campaign has avoided mud slinging (I don't consider ads that criticize the issues to be mud slinging, only ones that stray from them) and has run many ads that are positive (i.e.: Obama sitting in a chair, talking about his plans). Obama has responded with a cool, calm, and collected manner. He's responded to every criticism (that he lacks substance, that he's associating with terrorists, etc.) with solid reasoning.

McCain has done almost the opposite. Obama has run the first clean campaign I've seen in America. He's not resorted to fiery tempers, desperate measures, or blatant lies, as his opponent has. And, in the most important decision of the campaign (the VP selection), he made a solid, smart choice, whereas McCain made a desperate, short-sighted, flat out stupid political choice.

Obama >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McCain

:up:

I found watching the debates to be very telling. McCain seemed to struggle to actually employ any evidence and reasoning to back up his views and relied far too heavily on empty rhetoric and stories that don't tell us a whole lot at all. Obama generally impressed me with both his ability and a clear willingness to get to the heart of the actual issues. And it helps that he not only has the substance, but can present it in a manner that is engaging - as much as I abhor a popularity contest passing for politics, you do need to be able to engage the governed to some degree so that they are actually involved. Engaging them with the issues rather than fluffy rhetoric is a strong sign of competency.

And I doubt I need to say anything about Palin, really.

McCain's response to the woman who said, "I'm scared of Barack Obama. I don't like what I hear. He's an Arab" was telling. He said, "No, he's a decent man."

He should have said, "Not only is he not an Arab, it wouldn't be bad if he was an Arab. He's a good man, and you shouldn't be scared of him, or anyone of any race."

Shame Obama's just "that one".

Actually i need to get in a better routine, :lol:

I normally get 5 to 6 hours a night

:yikes:

I'm hoping to get on a routine of something like 11pm to 7am. It would be far more reasonable, and then I wouldn't be skipping my morning lectures at university. Not that that really matters much any more, with university almost done for the year! :laugh:

Shall we keep debating the substance of politics, Ashley? :wink:

No :lol: you know how I feel about debating. I live in a little shell, I dont' like to venture out of it.

I should take a nap before I go to the movies. I haven't...slept...since...uh...

Now that I think of it, I wonder if there isn't like a 4:30 showing or something, I should just go to that

The only band she likes is Bright Eyes

She goes around rating albums 0.5 because "it's not bright eyes"; she has such insight to music now I know that anything that is not bright eyes is bad :ohmy:

The only band she likes is Bright Eyes

She goes around rating albums 0.5 because "it's not bright eyes"; she has such insight to music now I know that anything that is not bright eyes is bad :ohmy:

Replace Bright Eyes with U2 and you have half of the regular posters on EYKIW.

Replace Bright Eyes with U2 and you have half of the regular posters on EYKIW.

But axver don't you agree? How dare Oasis play Slane; U2 played there before therefore no one else can! And the O2 why aren't U2 opening it they played there before? And Croke Park why shouldn't U2 be allowed to break laws? And while the Bomb is a bad U2 album it's still 5 star by music standards because U2 are better than all music! Edge invented delay! Television and Joy Division did not influence U2, Edge taught them how to play!

Why the hell are the ads making sound now! that is just bloody stupid ; I'm not gonna click an ad if it makes noise I'm gonna change the page...seriously...that annoyed the hell out of me...I don't want to hear a beating heart while I listen to music! :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom