Messing-cum-Inworth, Essex, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(If this sounds useless, remember what time it is here and how tired I am. And for the record, Kucinich, not Obama, is who I wanted to get the nomination.)

No it was good, what I have been wishing to hear for some time, and completely agreeable. but more importantly that's who I wanted too :shh: (and who I was referring to not getting the nom because he looked funny.)

Just dropping by to say:

Kucinich would not have been a good nominee for the Dems because he would have lost to McCain. The Dems needed someone who would bring change (Obama - check) but would also be able to relate to the ultimate deciding factor, the undecided voters (Obama - check). Hence, Obama was a better choice. Is Kucinich more correct on the issues? Sure. But as we know, it takes a long time for America to understand things. It's better to start the process than go for broke and risk four more years of stagnation.

Obama is light years ahead of McCain, based on two things: competency and level-headedness. If I could vote, he'd have my vote easily.

If you don't substantiate it with actual evidence ...

Erm.... I just saw a news report on CNN showing all the racial hatred towards Obama, my OPINION of being nervous substantiated with that.

Just as Ashley's opinion of me overreacting substantiated from my comment saying I'm nervous.

Just dropping by to say:

Kucinich would not have been a good nominee for the Dems because he would have lost to McCain. The Dems needed someone who would bring change (Obama - check) but would also be able to relate to the ultimate deciding factor, the undecided voters (Obama - check). Hence, Obama was a better choice. Is Kucinich more correct on the issues? Sure. But as we know, it takes a long time for America to understand things. It's better to start the process than go for broke and risk four more years of stagnation.

Obama is light years ahead of McCain, based on two things: competency and level-headedness. If I could vote, he'd have my vote easily.

Oh, of course, I agree, and I've acknowledged in the past that as much as I wanted Kucinich to both get the nomination and then win the presidency, neither have a snowball's chance in hell of happening in the present US political climate, and quite frankly, I don't think he'd succeed here either. Solely an ideological preference from me, especially since he never had any serious chance of winning the nomination anyway.

Love and Peace is what we need people :bonodrum:

It is what we need

:bonodrum: < I am doing this as hard as I can

Erm.... I just saw a news report on CNN showing all the racial hatred towards Obama, my OPINION of being nervous substantiated with that.

Just as Ashley's opinion of me overreacting substantiated from my comment saying I'm nervous.

Wait, what? Racial hatred towards Obama shown on TV coming from a few people in the general populace reflects that a McCain administration and bureaucracy would actively work to remove foreigners?

Yeah, that's an unsubstantiated leap.

Wait, what? Racial hatred towards Obama shown on TV coming from a few people in the general populace reflects that a McCain administration and bureaucracy would actively work to remove foreigners?

Yeah, that's an unsubstantiated leap.

:laugh:

Well, when you put it that way....:hmm:

I'm inclined to agree with this statement.

:)

Is that permentantly or just for when you mum visits??:wink:

We will see.

Keep in mind that for over two years, I used to get up around 6-7am as a daily routine. That was as recent as 2006. It's only really been 2008 that I've been a serious night owl.

Oh, of course, I agree, and I've acknowledged in the past that as much as I wanted Kucinich to both get the nomination and then win the presidency, neither have a snowball's chance in hell of happening in the present US political climate, and quite frankly, I don't think he'd succeed here either. Solely an ideological preference from me, especially since he never had any serious chance of winning the nomination anyway.

Gotcha.

I find it funny when people say, "They're both bad." That's just not true. Obama's campaign has avoided mud slinging (I don't consider ads that criticize the issues to be mud slinging, only ones that stray from them) and has run many ads that are positive (i.e.: Obama sitting in a chair, talking about his plans). Obama has responded with a cool, calm, and collected manner. He's responded to every criticism (that he lacks substance, that he's associating with terrorists, etc.) with solid reasoning.

McCain has done almost the opposite. Obama has run the first clean campaign I've seen in America. He's not resorted to fiery tempers, desperate measures, or blatant lies, as his opponent has. And, in the most important decision of the campaign (the VP selection), he made a solid, smart choice, whereas McCain made a desperate, short-sighted, flat out stupid political choice.

Obama >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McCain

McCain is an "Angry White Man" apparently...yeah the Obama side isn't using racism at all

I don't know why it surprised people; both sides will do anything they can do to win votes that's life

McCain's response to the woman who said, "I'm scared of Barack Obama. I don't like what I hear. He's an Arab" was telling. He said, "No, he's a decent man."

He should have said, "Not only is he not an Arab, it wouldn't be bad if he was an Arab. He's a good man, and you shouldn't be scared of him, or anyone of any race."

McCain's response to the woman who said, "I'm scared of Barack Obama. I don't like what I hear. He's an Arab" was telling. He said, "No, he's a decent man."

He should have said, "Not only is he not an Arab, it wouldn't be bad if he was an Arab. He's a good man, and you shouldn't be scared of him, or anyone of any race."

And that's exactly what I was saying. To start with Obama has no Arab blood in him whatsoever. And McCain saying "No he's a good man" just made it seem as if he holds the belief/opinion that Arabs are incapable of being good people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom