Messing-cum-Inworth, Essex, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone wondered Ax cum out on top again :wink:
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,001
User Name Posts
Axver 226
WildHoney 157
bono_212 115
mysterious_jen 100
Galeongirl 81
liamcool 70
Purplereign 45
the tourist 32
Screwtape2 30
Irishteen 28
Angela Harlem 25
Serena Vox 22
The Sad Punk 21
Babydoll 16
COBL_04 13
TranceEnding 10
partygirlvox 5
*browneyedgirl* 4
zuropa_fit 1

Well Obama may be new but McCain is known and from what I know he's not known well so...unknown vs idiot :hmm:

Axver :wave: you're getting earlier

I have not found one reason that either McCain nor Obama should be viewed as trustworthy. The fact that millions of people are throwing their allegiance behind this guy when he's only been in the spotlight for about two years is what I find unnerving.

Yeah, come on people, they're politicians. It's all just a game of self-interest, no matter what fancy theory you try to hide behind in political science and no matter what discourse of trust or whatever you try to sell to the great unwashed masses.

Now, if we're going to talk about who's the most competent, which I think is far more relevant, then that's blindingly obviously Obama/Biden, especially given Palin is barely conscious of ... anything.

I have not found one reason that either McCain nor Obama should be viewed as trustworthy. The fact that millions of people are throwing their allegiance behind this guy when he's only been in the spotlight for about two years is what I find unnerving.

but he's been around for longer than that right? and politics being the ridiculously unpredictable animal that it is :shrug: is unnerving in itself

(no more from me on this one :silent: )

He is very scary looking :yikes:

See it's stuff like this that really bothers me about the election. Who CARES what somebody looks like? The creation of television, and televised debates has killed any probability of a truly qualified person becoming president, starting back with Nixon/Kennedy (not saying Nixon was more qualified than Kennedy, but He lost because Kennedy was a pretty boy.)

The people who I think should have gotten the democratic nod were in some way viewed as "ugly" or "odd" and that's why Barack, who's Hip, and Cool and Now! Got it instead. Now if you don't vote for Barack you're ignorant and not hip! and Cool! and now!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a moderate with a liberal slant, but I really and truly have absolutely no idea who to vote for here, both nominees are shitheads

I hardly think the length of time somebody's been in the spotlight is a valid criteria to assess anything, especially not in something so extremely short term-focused as politics.

Yeah, come on people, they're politicians. It's all just a game of self-interest, no matter what fancy theory you try to hide behind in political science and no matter what discourse of trust or whatever you try to sell to the great unwashed masses.

Now, if we're going to talk about who's the most competent, which I think is far more relevant, then that's blindingly obviously Obama/Biden, especially given Palin is barely conscious of ... anything.

How do you know he's competant Ax. What's he done to prove that? I ask this question all the time and no one has bothered to answer.

The only real reason I've seen anyone give for hating McCain is simply that he's a Republican and oooo republicans are backwards and scary.

Give it up people.

See it's stuff like this that really bothers me about the election. Who CARES what somebody looks like? The creation of television, and televised debates has killed any probability of a truly qualified person becoming president, starting back with Nixon/Kennedy (not saying Nixon was more qualified than Kennedy, but He lost because Kennedy was a pretty boy.)

The people who I think should have gotten the democratic nod were in some way viewed as "ugly" or "odd" and that's why Barack, who's Hip, and Cool and Now! Got it instead. Now if you don't vote for Barack you're ignorant and not hip! and Cool! and now!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a moderate with a liberal slant, but I really and truly have absolutely no idea who to vote for here, both nominees are shitheads

believe it or not i vote on policies not looks, they could be a right stud but if i don't believe in their manifesto i ain't gonna vote for them :no:

what is it they say never discuss religion & politics

Yeah, I really hate talking about politics, sometimes this all builds up and suddenly I burst out with a tirade of posts.

I'm going to frequent other parts of the forum now *ducksout*

:bonodrum:

How do you know he's competant Ax. What's he done to prove that? I ask this question all the time and no one has bothered to answer.

The only real reason I've seen anyone give for hating McCain is simply that he's a Republican and oooo republicans are backwards and scary.

Give it up people.

Obama demonstrates a grasp on the nature and causes of issues he must address, he substantiates his viewpoints with relevant evidence and logical actions, and from all I can tell, he has performed above the usual standard in day-to-day politics prior to his presidential campaign. All clear signs of an ability to perform the job at hand. Now, just from looking at his policy, McCain really isn't that wildly different in most regards, which is just illustrative of the current tendency of politics to move towards a very bland and useless centre, but his handling of it seems to demonstrate a much less clear and nuanced viewpoint, especially when he is put on the spot. I fundamentally think McCain is trying to appeal on very shallow, image-based grounds, and while there is obviously an element to that in Obama's campaign too, and one that some of his more rabid supporters have happily clung to, I think he actually has a solid foundation to back it up.

Plus I think McCain has long since demonstrated a lack of ethics and plays an extremely cynical game. I do not consider him competent for a second, given the way he rolled over to Bush, and I think the selection of Palin speaks VOLUMES against him. Considering the vice presidential position has had its importance considerably elevated under Cheney, I think it is great cause for concern that somebody incapable of managing a chook raffle is now in line for it.

(If this sounds useless, remember what time it is here and how tired I am. And for the record, Kucinich, not Obama, is who I wanted to get the nomination.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom