MERGED --> Zellweger & Chesney Wedding Frock + Zellweger Weds Country Sweetheart in..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Queen Bee

Blue Crack Addict
Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Zellweger & Chesney Wedding Frock

Zellweger and Chesney marry

Oscar-winning actress Renee Zellweger and country music star Kenny Chesney were married Monday in a small ceremony on the Caribbean island of St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

The ceremony took place in front of close friends and family, Los Angeles-based publicist Nanci Ryder said in a statement. It was the first marriage for both.

The bride wore a dress designed by Carolina Herrera, she added.

Chesney, 37, grew up in east Tennessee and now lives on the island of St. John, while Zellweger, who turned 36 two weeks ago, is from Katy, Texas.

The couple met at the Concert of Hope tsunami relief benefit Jan. 15, where Chesney was singing and Zellweger was answering telephones, the syndicated television news magazine “The Insider” reported.

The tiny island of St. John, population 5,000, is more than two-thirds national park and is known for its hiking, pristine beaches and tranquility. It also has an underwater snorkeling trail.

Monday night’s reception was being held at Peter Bay, an affluent gated community on the north shore of the island, residents said. The couple and about 45 guests gathered Sunday night at Rhumb Lines restaurant in downtown Cruz Bay, the main town on the island, according to restaurant employees.

Zellweger won a best supporting actress Oscar for “Cold Mountain.” She was nominated for Oscars for her work in “Chicago” and “Bridget Jones’s Diary.”

Chesney currently has two albums on Billboard’s top 10 country albums chart, and his single “Anything But Mine” is No. 6 on the magazine’s hot country songs list.

Chesney was named Country Music Association entertainer of the year in November, while his “When The Sun Goes Down” was named album of the year. Other of his hits include “Me and You” and “She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy.”

According to Country Weekly magazine, Chesney long ago named Zellweger as his favorite actress and was inspired to write his 1999 hit “You Had Me From Hello” after seeing her in “Jerry Maguire.”

Zellweger appeared at a recent Chesney concert in Jacksonsville, Florida, presenting him with a margarita and a kiss on stage, Country Weekly magazine reported.

Zellweger has dated White Stripes singer Jack White and “Me, Myself & Irene” co-star Jim Carrey.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7795850/

I haven't found any wedding pictures yet. Maybe beli will bring the goods. :shifty:

I need some sleep...I thought this thread was called "Zellweger Cheesy Wedding Frock"

:crack: :lmao:

I thought she was still with Jack White :shrug:

Was Peyton Manning at the wedding? I know he and Kenny are great pals :happy:

So fast! It was gray for awhile if she was still with Jack White or not, and then there was barely time for her connection with Damien Rice to even be feasted upon by gossip pages before we get slapped with the news that she married Kenny Chesney. Wow! I'm not surprised that she wore Carolina Herrera though...when doesn't she??

Okay...I'm getting too involved in celebrity gossip. :laugh: :reject:

Bonochick said:
So fast! It was gray for awhile if she was still with Jack White or not, and then there was barely time for her connection with Damien Rice to even be feasted upon by gossip pages before we get slapped with the news that she married Kenny Chesney. Wow! I'm not surprised that she wore Carolina Herrera though...when doesn't she??

Okay...I'm getting too involved in celebrity gossip. :laugh: :reject:

Celebrity gossip :drool:

51eq2a

51erlk

Last edited:
Zellweger Weds Country Sweetheart in Shock Ceremony

HOLLYWOOD, May 10, 2005

Zellweger Weds Country Sweetheart in Shock Ceremony
By WENN

Renee Zellweger has stunned Hollywood by marrying her country sweetheart Kenny Chesney.
Details are sketchy, but it's reported the Chicago star and her new man exchanged vows May 9 on the Caribbean island of St Johns, where Chesney has a holiday home.

Chesney, 37, jetted off to make Zellweger his bride after performing in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on May 7. He's expected back on stage in Little Rock, Arkansas, on May 12.

Since her 2000 engagement to Jim Carrey, the actress has dated a string of rockers and musicians, including the White Stripes' Jack White and Irish singer/songwriter Damien Rice.

Country superstar Chesney and his new blushing bride were romantically linked for the first time earlier this month when the Zellweger was spotted kissing her new beau at one of his shows.

It's the first marriage for both stars.

:ohmy:

psssssst flavia there's already a couple threads about this. :shh:

i know this because i have spent waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time online. :crack:

This place is confusing. What is this Zoo Station section, please?

Anyway, the photography is gorgeous, hes a bit of alright, and I like Renees flowers. Thats all I'm saying :shifty:

PS Where are the blog sites?

cold physically. and i still maintain he looks like a giant weaponhead in that ridiculous cowboy hat.

has he been ill? he looks like he is recovering from something. it might be the shadows on his face + no hair which does it.

another thing, it's terribly rude for men to wear hats indoors or in photos. it bothers me.

Apparently its a photographers trick to have someone in a hat. It casts a shadow over the eyes and minimises the wrinkles.

Also, I dont believe that dress suits her. Shes a bit straight up and down for that frock.

well, as pretty as the photos are, everything looks very washed out. pardon the pun. her dress, her white skin, the sand, his shirt, the pale water..too pale. then his black hat with the creepy shadow, it doesn't sit well.

still, my moaning myrtleness aside, they do look happy. which is the main thing lol

Angela Harlem said:
he looks like a bloody wally in that hat. and she looks cold.

i thought she looked stoned and/ or drunk in those pictures, and waaay too thin

Even country singer Kenny Chesney is in shock over his May 9 marriage to Oscar-winning actress Renee Zellweger.

"To be so in love with someone who is so perfect for me – it's just hard to imagine that I'm not going to wake up," said Chesney in a statement Tuesday.

I think he looks sort of cute there, maybe it's the hat :hmm:

OT,if you think she looks thin, look at Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Richie lately

lohan-richie-starving.jpg

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
Even country singer Kenny Chesney is in shock over his May 9 marriage to Oscar-winning actress Renee Zellweger.

"To be so in love with someone who is so perfect for me – it's just hard to imagine that I'm not going to wake up," said Chesney in a statement Tuesday.

I think he looks sort of cute there, maybe it's the hat :hmm:

OT,if you think she looks thin, look at Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Richie lately

lohan-richie-starving.jpg

:ohmy:

Wow, they got waaaaaaaaay to skinny. Nicola wasn't that think last time I saw her.

Back
Top Bottom