MERGED -->World Trade Center Trailer (Oliver Stones 9/11 film) + World Trade Center - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2006, 04:43 PM   #46
War Child

Local Time: 05:08 AM
yeh, what i think now though, is film makers have found a way to accuratly capture the whole event of which ever event it was and place it in film, like:-
"Pearl Harbour", not done the best way but the events leading up to it were accuratly created minus the snogging and what not,
"We Were Soldiers"-accuratly creates the Vietnam war, how men were slaughtered etc from masterminded Vietnamese,
"united 93"-part 1 of 2 films to reshow what happened on 9/11, accuratly shows what happened on board that ill fated flight, the accurate recreation of those final moments from what facts they had, wasnt many but it showed us what really happened.
"World Trade Center"?, i havent seen this yet, im going to but im sure i will come out crying, but not dissappointed, sure hes used music a wee bit much, but overall, he has created a perfect recreation of all those brave men, specificaly the last 2 found, on that day,

its these events we should not forget, althought we wont forget them, being made into movies, allows us to never ever forget, as there will always be a "perfect record" of that event on 1 Disc

Old 08-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #47
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:08 PM
I came across this thread recently... the 9/11 thread.

I was here on Interf. and at work when news broke out.

http://forum.interference.com/t55651.html

Old 08-09-2006, 05:21 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AaronMcKie
Yeah, wow...
At first I was disgusted hearing Nicolas Cage was playing a hero in this movie; but I don't know what to think now.
The ending to that trailer was very moving.
The more I see Nic Cage on the trailer & the commercials for this film, the more I get a bad feeling about how the story will be portrayed.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:26 PM   #49
War Child

my god its distubrin, i cant imagine what it must of felt like to be American that day, i knwo what it was like at the time of the 7/7/05 bombings, cos my dad was in london kings cross that day so i can only imagine it felt like that only 50 times worse
Old 08-09-2006, 05:29 PM   #50
War Child

im talkin about that thread btw not the trailer!
Old 08-09-2006, 05:34 PM   #51
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
I came across this thread recently... the 9/11 thread.

I was here on Interf. and at work when news broke out.

http://forum.interference.com/t55651.html
that thread was made at the exact sametime i turn the news on after my dad told me.
i remember everything from that day

Old 08-09-2006, 10:18 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:08 PM
I remember watching the news live as they were reporting about the 1st plane hitting. Than I watched in absolute horror as the 2nd plane hit. It's something that sticks with you forever
Old 08-09-2006, 11:59 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonosBaby12
I remember watching the news live as they were reporting about the 1st plane hitting. Than I watched in absolute horror as the 2nd plane hit. It's something that sticks with you forever
Yes, it does. September 11 is my birthday. I remember being at school and my friends teasing me b/c if the German teacher finds out it's your b-day, then everyone sings to you auf Deutsch and it's quite embarrasing. So after morning break I was saying out loud that I hoped she'd get distracted by class and forget. We get to German and Frau says we're turning on the TV, there's something we need to see. We sat there, totally still, for 55 minutes and the only words spoken were the sincerest "oh.my.god" I've ever heard, whispered by the kid in front of me.

Later on, my mom bought me this really nice bracelet. Someone made one for every person who had died, each with the name engraved, in order to raise money for the families. Since Sept. 11 is my birthday, my mom thought it would be OK to get me one. It said "Charles Mendez, FDNY." I looked him up on the internet and found out he was a really great guy and his girlfriend said he was her hero and she couldn't imagine him dying any other way than saving people.

I was sorting through my VHS tapes this past weekend and found my Sept. 11 footage (I'm not a pack rat, but I tape important events and save newspaper articles). I'm trying to bring myself to watch a bit of it in order to re-gain perspective, if I ever decide to see this movie.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:51 AM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
To the question of when it will be right to release a 9/11 movie, I would say once Osama Bin Laden is captured or killed. You need some kind of resolution of an event before you can portray it on the big screen. For example, the events of Pearl Harbor were not properly put into a movie until after the end of World War 2. The great Vietnam war films of fictionalization or didn't come until its conclusion. Until Osama Bin Laden is captured or killed, you can't a say happy ending came out of the tragedy. Until that happens, a 9/11 movie won't feel right.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:17 AM   #55
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

I was sorting through my VHS tapes this past weekend and found my Sept. 11 footage (I'm not a pack rat, but I tape important events and save newspaper articles). I'm trying to bring myself to watch a bit of it in order to re-gain perspective, if I ever decide to see this movie.
do you think its possible to get hold of some copies of these tapes?

i record every last program about 9/11, i dont know why i have a strange fasination about the event, not in a sick way, but a way where i want to know everyones opinions, just anything about it, one thing i dont have is raw footage from that day, like a record of the news, the closest thing i have is:-
"CNN-What We Saw" DVD, limited edition, but i got nothing else like that, just firefighters stories, the movies made about it, and documentaries about the world trade center.

i would be grateful if i could get hold of it, cos i know American news footage would hold more emotion that what any UK news could show.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:10 AM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by prideofzootv

do you think its possible to get hold of some copies of these tapes?

i record every last program about 9/11, i dont know why i have a strange fasination about the event, not in a sick way, but a way where i want to know everyones opinions, just anything about it, one thing i dont have is raw footage from that day, like a record of the news, the closest thing i have is:-
"CNN-What We Saw" DVD, limited edition, but i got nothing else like that, just firefighters stories, the movies made about it, and documentaries about the world trade center.

i would be grateful if i could get hold of it, cos i know American news footage would hold more emotion that what any UK news could show.
Sure, I may be able to copy it to DVD.

Some of it was very emotional. I always watched Peter Jennings and by the end of the day he was literally in tears (not sure if I have that on tape though, since I was taping continuously from about 2pm on and there was about 4 hours on the tape).

I also had a tape of the first and second declarations of war, but I don't know if I found that one.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:18 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

I'm going to see it tomorrow, every review I have read has had good things to say.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:19 AM   #58
War Child

thanks very much, really appreciate it, is there anything you would like in return?
Old 08-10-2006, 08:50 AM   #59
Refugee

Local Time: 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonosBaby12
Our son was 7 weeks old......so i was in bed. But hubby was trading warez on IRC while he was waiting for Lone Gunman to come on TV when he first saw it on the tube.......he actually thought it was the weeks before episode but then he saw reporters and he quickly realised that this was real,that it was not the show.....he then watched in absolute disbelief as the second plane hit. He ran up to me and woke me......we were the first in our family to know what was going on...... we rang my uncle in the states to see if he was fine...(of course he was as he lived on the other side of the country).....but he said he was trying to get hold of some people but the lines were jammed....so hubby and i spent half the night phoning people he asked for as the there was no problem...yet......calling the states from Australia!

I will be bringing my tissues to see this one (if i see it!), i just hope producers here are NOT thinking of making a movie about the Bali Bombings, it would be too soon as well!
Old 08-10-2006, 09:01 AM   #60
Blue Crack Distributor

the scenes out of the towers were more gut renching than the ones from inside the rubble

greatest movie you'll ever see? no... will you need a tissue? yes.

as for the ultimate issue of "is it too soon"... frankly, if these two guys who went through this hell on earth are ok with sharing their story through film, then who the hell am i, who was in the safety of a college dorm room at the time, to say it's not right.