MERGED --> World Idol + Kurt is the winner of World Idol!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maybe this should be in confessionals, but i actually enjoy watching those idol shows. shallow, shallow me.

That Kurt guys teeth just bug the living hell out of me. Please, can someone just tape his mouth shut.

maybe some people just saw beautiful day...and instantly though...U2 and voted :)

well you learn something new everyday....i never knew U2 were popular in the shire

Sicy!
Please show a picture of your self, I`m sure you are god looking!!

Is this comment is posted by a Forum Super Moderator?

Thought this was a music site, Not a fuckin`Glam site:mad:

I think there would be quite a few of us here that would agree that Sicy is probably more attractive than the majority of the Idol contestants! :up:

Yeah, so he has a gap in his teeth and is a little bit frumpy, but look where he comes from! He was a plumber just making ends meet with his wife and two kids...I don't think he had much money to get his teeth fixed!

Anyway, I think it contributes to his personality.
Maybe Kurt will wipe out the stereotype that you have to be "beautiful" to have a good music career! :)

You are from the same country as him. No wonder :p

Nothing against him personally, opinions are welcome here.. this is not exactly a 'family' site. We are pretty relaxed here. Moderators have every right to thier own opinions as the rest of the members. Next time dont get so angry .. especially on your first post here. It could be perceived as trolling. I just didnt think he did a great job singing U2, though I dont think many do a good job singing U2. That's just me. I mean the judges themselves said he looks like a hobbit. In the music business today unfortunately you have to have some sort of good looks as well as a good voice to make it.

Sicy said:
In the music business today unfortunately you have to have some sort of good looks as well as a good voice to make it.

At least the route he is taking. There are PLENTY of ugly rock an roll people out there.

please, DO NOT quote this post with examples that will turn into flame wars. :angry:

if you need to be attractive to make it as a pop star, then why the hell did everyone vote for kurt.. he came in first in votes in every country. maybe people thought he had a nice voice. i thought he was a quite good singer from what i saw (not much). sometimes when you look like a goat it gets you sympathy, and that sells records and airspace. not that anyone looks like a goat or anything.

baaaah.

i'm also sort of confused about how this is not a 'family' site. seems sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't, depending on who wants to say what.

Last edited:
This isnt "exactly" a family site (is what I said) in the sense that we dont censor swearing, opinons or debates unless it gets really out of hand. Most family sites dont allow swearing.. I dont know, Barney, Barbie, cat sites..

Just like you can say Kurt looks like a goat, and I'm not going to jump down your throat.. just like I can say I dont like his teeth and I dont see what the big deal is.

Anyway, if you are unclear about it or have further questions I suggest you email the board owner :wink:

I can't believe I watched the results show last night. :crack:

oh well mindless entertainment for a day of recovering.

the only good thing I saw on there was the dress that Victoria Beckham was wearing. my roommate and i decided Victoria needs to learn how to lip sync a little better, she was off quite a bit. :der:

oh and those two guys hosting the show also got on our nerves.
they were fun to laugh at though.

Justified said:
my roommate and i decided Victoria needs to learn how to lip sync a little better, she was off quite a bit. :der:

OMG YES. The minute she started singing I was like .. good god she's lip syncing and its so noticable :huh:

Hey, you should get Kurt on the smilie List :up:

I'm taking voice lessons (not that this makes me an expert, but just to give you an idea) and I've tried choosing a couple of U2 songs (including Beautiful Day) to sing for performances, and wound up giving them up because of their difficulty. It's not just the notes, timing, sequence, etc. that make up a song?s difficulty, but its range. Bono has an incredible vocal range, believe it or not, and he uses the entire range within the song, which is what makes things tricky. In singing, many people have a head and a chest voice, for high and low ranges respectively. This alone isn't hard, but where people encounter trouble is in the mid ranges, because you either have to sing really low with your head voice (super hard) or really high with your chest voice (also hard). Even more difficult is transitioning between head and chest voice, which most people just plain can't do. In fact, what makes singers like Ella Fitzgerald so amazing is that they can bridge this "mid range" flawlessly. Thus, most songs are written for either head or chest voice.

Many of U2's songs, though, (including Beautiful Day) include high and low ranges, and so for Kurt to sing the entire song, without you hearing him switch from head voice to chest voice or vice versa, was really very accomplished and challenging.

Furthermore, one might consider that part of being a good performer is making what you do look easy. So in that respect, Kurt is just doing his job.

I still reckon this Kurt fella did a first class job. And I still think he did it better than Bono :wink:
And Salome, congratulations on not mentioning Guy Sebastian in a negative light in here yet :D
not that I have actually read this thread really so I dont actually know

:woohay!:

Angela Harlem said:
And Salome, congratulations on not mentioning Guy Sebastian in a negative light in here yet :D
actually
he should do a duet with Kurt

you know Guy wants to

if Kurt is married with children than I'm gonna give up and start dating Guy Sebastian :mad:

he's too round,
he won't fit through the door

he probably sings Elton John songs the whole day long :slant:

i dont watch pop idol, its soooooooooooo.....crap!. theres way to many of these programmes on the tv now, fame academy, popidol ect ect

agreed ice....about it being crap TV
but I find it so compelling . I watched part of a show yesterday about the search for the host of a new Australian "reality" Tv show. ewww, the MrBig of the whole thing who makes the decisions about who we will watch, was rather creepy. Some people are just making a mint out of such ...crap.

Anyway, World Idol.I saw about half the contestants perform. I came in when the Canadian guy was singing.
I was pleased Kurt won. He did a great job with a great song, lots of controlled power in his voice and not too much ego in his heart. Or so it seemed to me, in what could be gleaned from such a brief performance and glimpse of him.
The Australian judge told him he wouldn't win even though he had a great voice, because of his appearance:( He described him as looking like a hobbit:):heart:
I prefer the shows like this that involve a performance rather than the fly on the wall stuff like Big Brother.
:huh: Watch More TV

...I know I will

Back
Top Bottom